I'm wondering if I should use a coaxial cable or a usb cable to connect my DAC to my Desktop?
- categoryCablestagged by System, 9/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Cabledyne reference copper xlr, 2-meter Last post on 5/21/15 at 7:42am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Can i use a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter for a pair of ath m40xs Last post on 11/15/14 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- How on earth do I stop breaking my cables?? (Which IEM cable has the BEST build quality?) Last post on 9/17/14 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any Opinions on Fixing? Last post on 10/16/14 at 11:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphone Cables Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 7/6/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
- Hi End Cables
coaxial cable or usb cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
post #2 of 2
9/16/12 at 12:54pm
Try both, see which sounds better.
USB is basic stereo 2.0 channel audio (PCM).
Some sound cards can output headphone surround sound (2-channel PCM) thru S/PDIF coaxial (& optical).
- coaxial cable or usb cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Currently, there are 2733 Active Users (436 Members and 2297 Guests)
- › Audeze EL-8 vs AudioQuest NightHawk "Battle of the Upper Middle... 33 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 43 seconds ago
- › AKG K500 appreciation thread: K500 owners – UNITE! 1 minute ago
- › Comfortable, open (over- or on-ear) headphones ~60€ 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New... 3 minutes ago
- › [HELP] Damaged Klipsch Mode M40 Cups 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue M 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3