I'm wondering if I should use a coaxial cable or a usb cable to connect my DAC to my Desktop?
- categoryCablestagged by System, 9/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Can i use a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter for a pair of ath m40xs Last post on 11/15/14 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- How on earth do I stop breaking my cables?? (Which IEM cable has the BEST build quality?) Last post on 9/17/14 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any Opinions on Fixing? Last post on 10/16/14 at 11:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphone Cables Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- No more tangled wires. Last post on 7/9/14 at 4:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
- Hi End Cables
coaxial cable or usb cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
post #2 of 2
9/16/12 at 12:54pm
Try both, see which sounds better.
USB is basic stereo 2.0 channel audio (PCM).
Some sound cards can output headphone surround sound (2-channel PCM) thru S/PDIF coaxial (& optical).
- coaxial cable or usb cable
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Currently, there are 2976 Active Users (479 Members and 2497 Guests)
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 48 seconds ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impresive Earbuds Brand 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 5 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 9 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 11 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 11 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 13 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 13 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 13 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2