I'm looking for a good amp for D7000...budget is below 1500$. Thanks for help!
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio Soloist Amptagged by System, 9/20/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amps recommandation for HE800 Last post on 3/10/13 at 5:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- DAC/AMP suggestion for the Beyerdynamic T1? Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Good Amp for Denon D7000post #1 of 209/16/12 at 7:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 209/16/12 at 7:49ampost #3 of 209/16/12 at 5:10pmpost #4 of 209/16/12 at 5:42pmpost #5 of 209/17/12 at 8:57am
There is a very good thread about amps for Denons that has just about all the information you need in one place:
Also, I second the Beta22 with 2x gain. I use one with my LA2000 and it is great.post #6 of 209/17/12 at 9:20amThread Starterpost #7 of 209/17/12 at 9:38ampost #8 of 209/17/12 at 9:46amThread Starterpost #9 of 209/17/12 at 10:23am
The gain and the number of channels are pretty much unrelated. You can build a 2 channel with 2x gain or a 3 channel with 2x gain. However if you get a 4 channel balanced amp built, then the gain will be doubled. I am sure there is a way to get a 4 channel amp built with 2x gain, but that would mean each board must have 1x gain, and I'm not sure how to do this (usually it would be leaving out the gain resistors, not sure if it would work in this case).
I went the simplest/cheapest way and built a 2 channel amp. The gain you want won't affect the price of the amp, but must be specified as there is no good way to implement a gain switch. The amount of channels you want will affect the price, by a good amount.post #10 of 209/17/12 at 11:58am
Not quite, the Beta 22 can be built with differing degrees of "gain", this is determined by the values of (2X) capacitors and (4X) resistors per board.post #11 of 209/17/12 at 12:59pmpost #12 of 209/23/12 at 8:18pmpost #13 of 209/24/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
Im sure it will be a good pairing. But a lil over Op's budget.
The Soloist with (some dac) is a good idea.
Edited by jackwess - 9/24/12 at 5:49pmpost #14 of 203/24/13 at 7:11am
I'm in the same boat as OP, and right now I'm considering the Schiit Asgard 2. I already have a Cambridge DacMagic Plus, and I'm content with it as a DAC for the time being. The built-in amp however, while very good for the price, I think isn't doing my D7000s justice.
While cheaper than I had really considered, the Asgard 2 seemd like a good choice after reading Macick Man's post in a similar thread.Quote:
Well, frak. Here's the word from Schiit:
Quote:It won't damage the D7000s if used properly, but we wouldn't recommend it for another simple reason: Lyr is a very high-gain amp, intended for inefficient orthodynamics and high-impedance headphones. It'll probably have too much residual noise for the insanely sensitive D7000s. We use Asgard ourselves with our D5000s, and it is a perfect match.
OP, there's an answer for ya though, go with the Schiit Asgard. I guess I'm still gonna search for a tube solution.
- Good Amp for Denon D7000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 21 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 30 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › First foray into high-end audio! 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom one pro vs Beyerdynamic DT990PRO 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 4 minutes ago
- › FS - Fully assembled KGSSHV 6 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 8 minutes ago
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3