I'm looking for a good amp for D7000...budget is below 1500$. Thanks for help!
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio Soloist Amptagged by System, 9/20/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amps recommandation for HE800 Last post on 3/10/13 at 5:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- DAC/AMP suggestion for the Beyerdynamic T1? Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
Good Amp for Denon D7000post #1 of 209/16/12 at 7:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 209/16/12 at 7:49ampost #3 of 209/16/12 at 5:10pmpost #4 of 209/16/12 at 5:42pmpost #5 of 209/17/12 at 8:57am
There is a very good thread about amps for Denons that has just about all the information you need in one place:
Also, I second the Beta22 with 2x gain. I use one with my LA2000 and it is great.post #6 of 209/17/12 at 9:20amThread Starterpost #7 of 209/17/12 at 9:38ampost #8 of 209/17/12 at 9:46amThread Starterpost #9 of 209/17/12 at 10:23am
The gain and the number of channels are pretty much unrelated. You can build a 2 channel with 2x gain or a 3 channel with 2x gain. However if you get a 4 channel balanced amp built, then the gain will be doubled. I am sure there is a way to get a 4 channel amp built with 2x gain, but that would mean each board must have 1x gain, and I'm not sure how to do this (usually it would be leaving out the gain resistors, not sure if it would work in this case).
I went the simplest/cheapest way and built a 2 channel amp. The gain you want won't affect the price of the amp, but must be specified as there is no good way to implement a gain switch. The amount of channels you want will affect the price, by a good amount.post #10 of 209/17/12 at 11:58am
Not quite, the Beta 22 can be built with differing degrees of "gain", this is determined by the values of (2X) capacitors and (4X) resistors per board.post #11 of 209/17/12 at 12:59pmpost #12 of 209/23/12 at 8:18pmpost #13 of 209/24/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
Im sure it will be a good pairing. But a lil over Op's budget.
The Soloist with (some dac) is a good idea.
Edited by jackwess - 9/24/12 at 5:49pmpost #14 of 203/24/13 at 7:11am
I'm in the same boat as OP, and right now I'm considering the Schiit Asgard 2. I already have a Cambridge DacMagic Plus, and I'm content with it as a DAC for the time being. The built-in amp however, while very good for the price, I think isn't doing my D7000s justice.
While cheaper than I had really considered, the Asgard 2 seemd like a good choice after reading Macick Man's post in a similar thread.Quote:
Well, frak. Here's the word from Schiit:
Quote:It won't damage the D7000s if used properly, but we wouldn't recommend it for another simple reason: Lyr is a very high-gain amp, intended for inefficient orthodynamics and high-impedance headphones. It'll probably have too much residual noise for the insanely sensitive D7000s. We use Asgard ourselves with our D5000s, and it is a perfect match.
OP, there's an answer for ya though, go with the Schiit Asgard. I guess I'm still gonna search for a tube solution.
- Good Amp for Denon D7000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 21 seconds ago
- › Brother in law autistic and ignorant about headphones 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 VS Colorfly C3? 6 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 11 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 12 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)