I'm looking for a good amp for D7000...budget is below 1500$. Thanks for help!
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio Soloist Amptagged by System, 9/20/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amps recommandation for HE800 Last post on 3/10/13 at 5:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- DAC/AMP suggestion for the Beyerdynamic T1? Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Good Amp for Denon D7000post #1 of 209/16/12 at 7:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 209/16/12 at 7:49ampost #3 of 209/16/12 at 5:10pmpost #4 of 209/16/12 at 5:42pmpost #5 of 209/17/12 at 8:57am
There is a very good thread about amps for Denons that has just about all the information you need in one place:
Also, I second the Beta22 with 2x gain. I use one with my LA2000 and it is great.post #6 of 209/17/12 at 9:20amThread Starterpost #7 of 209/17/12 at 9:38ampost #8 of 209/17/12 at 9:46amThread Starterpost #9 of 209/17/12 at 10:23am
The gain and the number of channels are pretty much unrelated. You can build a 2 channel with 2x gain or a 3 channel with 2x gain. However if you get a 4 channel balanced amp built, then the gain will be doubled. I am sure there is a way to get a 4 channel amp built with 2x gain, but that would mean each board must have 1x gain, and I'm not sure how to do this (usually it would be leaving out the gain resistors, not sure if it would work in this case).
I went the simplest/cheapest way and built a 2 channel amp. The gain you want won't affect the price of the amp, but must be specified as there is no good way to implement a gain switch. The amount of channels you want will affect the price, by a good amount.post #10 of 209/17/12 at 11:58am
Not quite, the Beta 22 can be built with differing degrees of "gain", this is determined by the values of (2X) capacitors and (4X) resistors per board.post #11 of 209/17/12 at 12:59pmpost #12 of 209/23/12 at 8:18pmpost #13 of 209/24/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
Im sure it will be a good pairing. But a lil over Op's budget.
The Soloist with (some dac) is a good idea.
Edited by jackwess - 9/24/12 at 5:49pmpost #14 of 203/24/13 at 7:11am
I'm in the same boat as OP, and right now I'm considering the Schiit Asgard 2. I already have a Cambridge DacMagic Plus, and I'm content with it as a DAC for the time being. The built-in amp however, while very good for the price, I think isn't doing my D7000s justice.
While cheaper than I had really considered, the Asgard 2 seemd like a good choice after reading Macick Man's post in a similar thread.Quote:
Well, frak. Here's the word from Schiit:
Quote:It won't damage the D7000s if used properly, but we wouldn't recommend it for another simple reason: Lyr is a very high-gain amp, intended for inefficient orthodynamics and high-impedance headphones. It'll probably have too much residual noise for the insanely sensitive D7000s. We use Asgard ourselves with our D5000s, and it is a perfect match.
OP, there's an answer for ya though, go with the Schiit Asgard. I guess I'm still gonna search for a tube solution.
- Good Amp for Denon D7000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 17 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Taction Technology KANNON Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 4 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 4 minutes ago
- › PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 4 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 5 minutes ago
- › Best *Bass* headphone for working out 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 7 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear