I'm looking for a good amp for D7000...budget is below 1500$. Thanks for help!
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio Soloist Amptagged by System, 9/20/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amps recommandation for HE800 Last post on 3/10/13 at 5:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 11/21/15 at 4:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- DAC/AMP suggestion for the Beyerdynamic T1? Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
Good Amp for Denon D7000post #1 of 209/16/12 at 7:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 209/16/12 at 7:49ampost #3 of 209/16/12 at 5:10pmpost #4 of 209/16/12 at 5:42pmpost #5 of 209/17/12 at 8:57am
There is a very good thread about amps for Denons that has just about all the information you need in one place:
Also, I second the Beta22 with 2x gain. I use one with my LA2000 and it is great.post #6 of 209/17/12 at 9:20amThread Starterpost #7 of 209/17/12 at 9:38ampost #8 of 209/17/12 at 9:46amThread Starterpost #9 of 209/17/12 at 10:23am
The gain and the number of channels are pretty much unrelated. You can build a 2 channel with 2x gain or a 3 channel with 2x gain. However if you get a 4 channel balanced amp built, then the gain will be doubled. I am sure there is a way to get a 4 channel amp built with 2x gain, but that would mean each board must have 1x gain, and I'm not sure how to do this (usually it would be leaving out the gain resistors, not sure if it would work in this case).
I went the simplest/cheapest way and built a 2 channel amp. The gain you want won't affect the price of the amp, but must be specified as there is no good way to implement a gain switch. The amount of channels you want will affect the price, by a good amount.post #10 of 209/17/12 at 11:58am
Not quite, the Beta 22 can be built with differing degrees of "gain", this is determined by the values of (2X) capacitors and (4X) resistors per board.post #11 of 209/17/12 at 12:59pmpost #12 of 209/23/12 at 8:18pmpost #13 of 209/24/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
Im sure it will be a good pairing. But a lil over Op's budget.
The Soloist with (some dac) is a good idea.
Edited by jackwess - 9/24/12 at 5:49pmpost #14 of 203/24/13 at 7:11am
I'm in the same boat as OP, and right now I'm considering the Schiit Asgard 2. I already have a Cambridge DacMagic Plus, and I'm content with it as a DAC for the time being. The built-in amp however, while very good for the price, I think isn't doing my D7000s justice.
While cheaper than I had really considered, the Asgard 2 seemd like a good choice after reading Macick Man's post in a similar thread.Quote:
Well, frak. Here's the word from Schiit:
Quote:It won't damage the D7000s if used properly, but we wouldn't recommend it for another simple reason: Lyr is a very high-gain amp, intended for inefficient orthodynamics and high-impedance headphones. It'll probably have too much residual noise for the insanely sensitive D7000s. We use Asgard ourselves with our D5000s, and it is a perfect match.
OP, there's an answer for ya though, go with the Schiit Asgard. I guess I'm still gonna search for a tube solution.
- Good Amp for Denon D7000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 17 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project 18 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 31 seconds ago
- › SALE OR TRADE AUDIOFLY AF180 47 seconds ago
- › and the D-321 also rises... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5P Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › Neurochrome HP-1: Ultra-High End Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear