I'm looking for a good amp for D7000...budget is below 1500$. Thanks for help!
- productAMB Labs Beta22tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio HA-160DS Headphone Amp / DAC with USB inputtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productBurson Audio Soloist Amptagged by System, 9/20/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Amps recommandation for HE800 Last post on 3/10/13 at 5:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 12/9/13 at 3:56am in High-end Audio Forum
- DAC/AMP suggestion for the Beyerdynamic T1? Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp for Sennheiser HD800s: deciding between some SE & balanced options Last post on 12/7/13 at 7:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
Good Amp for Denon D7000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a very good thread about amps for Denons that has just about all the information you need in one place:
Also, I second the Beta22 with 2x gain. I use one with my LA2000 and it is great.
The gain and the number of channels are pretty much unrelated. You can build a 2 channel with 2x gain or a 3 channel with 2x gain. However if you get a 4 channel balanced amp built, then the gain will be doubled. I am sure there is a way to get a 4 channel amp built with 2x gain, but that would mean each board must have 1x gain, and I'm not sure how to do this (usually it would be leaving out the gain resistors, not sure if it would work in this case).
I went the simplest/cheapest way and built a 2 channel amp. The gain you want won't affect the price of the amp, but must be specified as there is no good way to implement a gain switch. The amount of channels you want will affect the price, by a good amount.
Not quite, the Beta 22 can be built with differing degrees of "gain", this is determined by the values of (2X) capacitors and (4X) resistors per board.
Im sure it will be a good pairing. But a lil over Op's budget.
The Soloist with (some dac) is a good idea.
Edited by jackwess - 9/24/12 at 5:49pm
I'm in the same boat as OP, and right now I'm considering the Schiit Asgard 2. I already have a Cambridge DacMagic Plus, and I'm content with it as a DAC for the time being. The built-in amp however, while very good for the price, I think isn't doing my D7000s justice.
While cheaper than I had really considered, the Asgard 2 seemd like a good choice after reading Macick Man's post in a similar thread.
Well, frak. Here's the word from Schiit:
OP, there's an answer for ya though, go with the Schiit Asgard. I guess I'm still gonna search for a tube solution.
- Good Amp for Denon D7000
- › Sony MDR-XB400 vs AKG K420 33 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Macbook Pro Sound setup! (Help Please!) 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a pair of High Quality, Sound Isolating, 7.1 Surround... 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer N-50 won't find music... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Amplification and volume with Sansa Clip+ 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 2 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM2 DLX Dual BA IEM Review and impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe