I think they want a headphone that will listen to them.
- productAIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-ES88 BK Black | Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-EW9 Lightweight Cherry Wood Clip-on Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-P5 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR-V700DJ DJ-Style Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need assistance with buying my next headphones. Last post on 7/21/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Updating to a High End Headphone - Suggestions & Help Last post on 12/2/12 at 4:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is a "fun" headphone? Last post on 11/23/12 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
What headphones do females find sexy? (gift idea) - Page 2post #16 of 329/18/12 at 11:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 329/19/12 at 7:14ampost #18 of 329/19/12 at 8:03ampost #19 of 329/20/12 at 5:51amQuote:
Actually I gave the K550 to my mom, it looks great, but no bass, despite what the graphs say. And once you notice the resonating upper mids its game over. Great can for isolation and watching movies or playing games, soundstage is nuts for a closed can that isolates. But for music its meh... the treble is waaaay too much aswell - and I can handle the K242HD no issues.
Was thinking this, but even the Crossfades and M100 aren't comfortable, and I don't think she will be happy with the sound of the LP2, not hi-fi enough. And the M100 are going to be sold out for months.
not bad idea.
My ex loved oldschool - got her AKG K142HD. But its crappy construction and amping requirements make it unideal.
I think one of the AT's is probably a good idea, do some digging, and FWIW I think the white ATH-M50 is quite damn stylish.
Or CAL? but thats a bit low in the price range.
Edited by WiR3D - 9/20/12 at 5:54ampost #20 of 329/22/12 at 1:45amQuote:Originally Posted by biggbenn74
My GF pretty much hates almost all over ear headphones (looks), including the infamous Beats Studio. However, I have found this true of females in general. They tend to love the style of dj headphones. Ones that swivel and flip and stuff. My GF likes the looks of the Sony V700DJ and LOVES the looks of the Numark Red Wave (she even tells me it would be an awesome gift for her.) so, that's my experience. Both have good sq and bass, Sonys can be had around 125, the Numarks around 75. Hope this helps.
Just about every female who have had the chance to look at AKG-K701-s that collect dust on my shelf are: ´´Wow are these yours..´´!
But perhaps not the best option in SQ wise (bass) for r`n´b, though very good at vocal, and of course these aren't closed. I'd suggest something white or at least metallic.post #21 of 329/22/12 at 1:51ampost #22 of 329/22/12 at 1:53am
I forgot to mention. You should ask other girls about different phones of what they like, then by taking to account sq requirements You can probably find the right cans. A man's intuition on style matter is very misleading.post #23 of 329/22/12 at 8:54amThread StarterI posted the new SteelSeries Sibieria V2 on my FB a while back, and she did like those, but it's a gaming headset. Looks similar to the white AKG K701 (or was it702?) She does play games, so it could be useful. I could play it safe and get the white ATH M50's then.
Yall may be on to something about girls liking DJ headphones. She doesn't have any headphones except some in ears, and when I was talking to her when she had the PRO700MK2 on, she shifted one earcup to the side, haha cute. Lil sis is could be a future producer. I was tempted to just buy some new earpads and give her my MK2, but I'm still attached to them, even if I did get them for friggin cheap.
The ES7 headphones look good too. The white M50's are $128 on Amazon O_O. Guess it's settled, but we can keep the conversation going.
Edited by PFULMTL - 9/22/12 at 9:24ampost #24 of 329/22/12 at 9:54ampost #25 of 329/22/12 at 11:53ampost #26 of 329/22/12 at 2:27pmpost #27 of 326/29/13 at 9:22ampost #28 of 326/29/13 at 11:48amGet something that sounds nice, and get a 500 pack of those stick and peel white (or pink) glitter stones bling whatever. Put on cups the end.
Custom girl cans her friends will drool over.
Edited by ev13wt - 6/29/13 at 11:52ampost #29 of 326/29/13 at 5:13pmpost #30 of 326/29/13 at 5:21pmQuote:
I hope she isn't "the one", because she's his sister and if she really was the one, his gift would probably be a tad late.
- What headphones do females find sexy? (gift idea)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 34 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 1 minute ago
- › La Figaro 339 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2