I think they want a headphone that will listen to them.
- productAIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-ES88 BK Black | Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-EW9 Lightweight Cherry Wood Clip-on Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-P5 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR-V700DJ DJ-Style Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need assistance with buying my next headphones. Last post on 7/21/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Updating to a High End Headphone - Suggestions & Help Last post on 12/2/12 at 4:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is a "fun" headphone? Last post on 11/23/12 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
What headphones do females find sexy? (gift idea) - Page 2post #16 of 329/18/12 at 11:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 329/19/12 at 7:14ampost #18 of 329/19/12 at 8:03ampost #19 of 329/20/12 at 5:51amQuote:
Actually I gave the K550 to my mom, it looks great, but no bass, despite what the graphs say. And once you notice the resonating upper mids its game over. Great can for isolation and watching movies or playing games, soundstage is nuts for a closed can that isolates. But for music its meh... the treble is waaaay too much aswell - and I can handle the K242HD no issues.
Was thinking this, but even the Crossfades and M100 aren't comfortable, and I don't think she will be happy with the sound of the LP2, not hi-fi enough. And the M100 are going to be sold out for months.
not bad idea.
My ex loved oldschool - got her AKG K142HD. But its crappy construction and amping requirements make it unideal.
I think one of the AT's is probably a good idea, do some digging, and FWIW I think the white ATH-M50 is quite damn stylish.
Or CAL? but thats a bit low in the price range.
Edited by WiR3D - 9/20/12 at 5:54ampost #20 of 329/22/12 at 1:45amQuote:Originally Posted by biggbenn74
My GF pretty much hates almost all over ear headphones (looks), including the infamous Beats Studio. However, I have found this true of females in general. They tend to love the style of dj headphones. Ones that swivel and flip and stuff. My GF likes the looks of the Sony V700DJ and LOVES the looks of the Numark Red Wave (she even tells me it would be an awesome gift for her.) so, that's my experience. Both have good sq and bass, Sonys can be had around 125, the Numarks around 75. Hope this helps.
Just about every female who have had the chance to look at AKG-K701-s that collect dust on my shelf are: ´´Wow are these yours..´´!
But perhaps not the best option in SQ wise (bass) for r`n´b, though very good at vocal, and of course these aren't closed. I'd suggest something white or at least metallic.post #21 of 329/22/12 at 1:51ampost #22 of 329/22/12 at 1:53am
I forgot to mention. You should ask other girls about different phones of what they like, then by taking to account sq requirements You can probably find the right cans. A man's intuition on style matter is very misleading.post #23 of 329/22/12 at 8:54amThread StarterI posted the new SteelSeries Sibieria V2 on my FB a while back, and she did like those, but it's a gaming headset. Looks similar to the white AKG K701 (or was it702?) She does play games, so it could be useful. I could play it safe and get the white ATH M50's then.
Yall may be on to something about girls liking DJ headphones. She doesn't have any headphones except some in ears, and when I was talking to her when she had the PRO700MK2 on, she shifted one earcup to the side, haha cute. Lil sis is could be a future producer. I was tempted to just buy some new earpads and give her my MK2, but I'm still attached to them, even if I did get them for friggin cheap.
The ES7 headphones look good too. The white M50's are $128 on Amazon O_O. Guess it's settled, but we can keep the conversation going.
Edited by PFULMTL - 9/22/12 at 9:24ampost #24 of 329/22/12 at 9:54ampost #25 of 329/22/12 at 11:53ampost #26 of 329/22/12 at 2:27pmpost #27 of 326/29/13 at 9:22ampost #28 of 326/29/13 at 11:48amGet something that sounds nice, and get a 500 pack of those stick and peel white (or pink) glitter stones bling whatever. Put on cups the end.
Custom girl cans her friends will drool over.
Edited by ev13wt - 6/29/13 at 11:52ampost #29 of 326/29/13 at 5:13pmpost #30 of 326/29/13 at 5:21pmQuote:
I hope she isn't "the one", because she's his sister and if she really was the one, his gift would probably be a tad late.
- What headphones do females find sexy? (gift idea)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 37 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Good Cheap Headphones That Sound Good And Can Be Worn Out In Public 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 4 minutes ago
- › Need some help with picking new "midrange" portable over-ear... 5 minutes ago
- › Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital