I think they want a headphone that will listen to them.
- productAIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-ES88 BK Black | Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-EW9 Lightweight Cherry Wood Clip-on Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-P5 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR-V700DJ DJ-Style Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade LP Over-ear Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need assistance with buying my next headphones. Last post on 7/21/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for first good headphones around $150 Last post on 7/24/12 at 3:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Updating to a High End Headphone - Suggestions & Help Last post on 12/2/12 at 4:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
What headphones do females find sexy? (gift idea) - Page 2post #16 of 329/18/12 at 11:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 329/19/12 at 7:14ampost #18 of 329/19/12 at 8:03ampost #19 of 329/20/12 at 5:51amQuote:
Actually I gave the K550 to my mom, it looks great, but no bass, despite what the graphs say. And once you notice the resonating upper mids its game over. Great can for isolation and watching movies or playing games, soundstage is nuts for a closed can that isolates. But for music its meh... the treble is waaaay too much aswell - and I can handle the K242HD no issues.
Was thinking this, but even the Crossfades and M100 aren't comfortable, and I don't think she will be happy with the sound of the LP2, not hi-fi enough. And the M100 are going to be sold out for months.
not bad idea.
My ex loved oldschool - got her AKG K142HD. But its crappy construction and amping requirements make it unideal.
I think one of the AT's is probably a good idea, do some digging, and FWIW I think the white ATH-M50 is quite damn stylish.
Or CAL? but thats a bit low in the price range.
Edited by WiR3D - 9/20/12 at 5:54ampost #20 of 329/22/12 at 1:45amQuote:Originally Posted by biggbenn74
My GF pretty much hates almost all over ear headphones (looks), including the infamous Beats Studio. However, I have found this true of females in general. They tend to love the style of dj headphones. Ones that swivel and flip and stuff. My GF likes the looks of the Sony V700DJ and LOVES the looks of the Numark Red Wave (she even tells me it would be an awesome gift for her.) so, that's my experience. Both have good sq and bass, Sonys can be had around 125, the Numarks around 75. Hope this helps.
Just about every female who have had the chance to look at AKG-K701-s that collect dust on my shelf are: ´´Wow are these yours..´´!
But perhaps not the best option in SQ wise (bass) for r`n´b, though very good at vocal, and of course these aren't closed. I'd suggest something white or at least metallic.post #21 of 329/22/12 at 1:51ampost #22 of 329/22/12 at 1:53am
I forgot to mention. You should ask other girls about different phones of what they like, then by taking to account sq requirements You can probably find the right cans. A man's intuition on style matter is very misleading.post #23 of 329/22/12 at 8:54amThread StarterI posted the new SteelSeries Sibieria V2 on my FB a while back, and she did like those, but it's a gaming headset. Looks similar to the white AKG K701 (or was it702?) She does play games, so it could be useful. I could play it safe and get the white ATH M50's then.
Yall may be on to something about girls liking DJ headphones. She doesn't have any headphones except some in ears, and when I was talking to her when she had the PRO700MK2 on, she shifted one earcup to the side, haha cute. Lil sis is could be a future producer. I was tempted to just buy some new earpads and give her my MK2, but I'm still attached to them, even if I did get them for friggin cheap.
The ES7 headphones look good too. The white M50's are $128 on Amazon O_O. Guess it's settled, but we can keep the conversation going.
Edited by PFULMTL - 9/22/12 at 9:24ampost #24 of 329/22/12 at 9:54ampost #25 of 329/22/12 at 11:53ampost #26 of 329/22/12 at 2:27pmpost #27 of 326/29/13 at 9:22ampost #28 of 326/29/13 at 11:48amGet something that sounds nice, and get a 500 pack of those stick and peel white (or pink) glitter stones bling whatever. Put on cups the end.
Custom girl cans her friends will drool over.
Edited by ev13wt - 6/29/13 at 11:52ampost #29 of 326/29/13 at 5:13pmpost #30 of 326/29/13 at 5:21pmQuote:
I hope she isn't "the one", because she's his sister and if she really was the one, his gift would probably be a tad late.
- What headphones do females find sexy? (gift idea)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Any old fart head-fi'ers still around? 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE HD audio lock failure on optical above 48Khz? 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...