I think they want a headphone that will listen to them.
- productAIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Blacktagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-ES88 BK Black | Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-EW9 Lightweight Cherry Wood Clip-on Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-P5 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productNumark RED WAVE Clean, powerful and comfortable headphones.tagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR-V700DJ DJ-Style Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade LP Over-ear Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need assistance with buying my next headphones. Last post on 7/21/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for first good headphones around $150 Last post on 7/24/12 at 3:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Updating to a High End Headphone - Suggestions & Help Last post on 12/2/12 at 4:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
What headphones do females find sexy? (gift idea) - Page 2post #16 of 329/18/12 at 11:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 329/19/12 at 7:14ampost #18 of 329/19/12 at 8:03ampost #19 of 329/20/12 at 5:51amQuote:
Actually I gave the K550 to my mom, it looks great, but no bass, despite what the graphs say. And once you notice the resonating upper mids its game over. Great can for isolation and watching movies or playing games, soundstage is nuts for a closed can that isolates. But for music its meh... the treble is waaaay too much aswell - and I can handle the K242HD no issues.
Was thinking this, but even the Crossfades and M100 aren't comfortable, and I don't think she will be happy with the sound of the LP2, not hi-fi enough. And the M100 are going to be sold out for months.
not bad idea.
My ex loved oldschool - got her AKG K142HD. But its crappy construction and amping requirements make it unideal.
I think one of the AT's is probably a good idea, do some digging, and FWIW I think the white ATH-M50 is quite damn stylish.
Or CAL? but thats a bit low in the price range.
Edited by WiR3D - 9/20/12 at 5:54ampost #20 of 329/22/12 at 1:45amQuote:Originally Posted by biggbenn74
My GF pretty much hates almost all over ear headphones (looks), including the infamous Beats Studio. However, I have found this true of females in general. They tend to love the style of dj headphones. Ones that swivel and flip and stuff. My GF likes the looks of the Sony V700DJ and LOVES the looks of the Numark Red Wave (she even tells me it would be an awesome gift for her.) so, that's my experience. Both have good sq and bass, Sonys can be had around 125, the Numarks around 75. Hope this helps.
Just about every female who have had the chance to look at AKG-K701-s that collect dust on my shelf are: ´´Wow are these yours..´´!
But perhaps not the best option in SQ wise (bass) for r`n´b, though very good at vocal, and of course these aren't closed. I'd suggest something white or at least metallic.post #21 of 329/22/12 at 1:51ampost #22 of 329/22/12 at 1:53am
I forgot to mention. You should ask other girls about different phones of what they like, then by taking to account sq requirements You can probably find the right cans. A man's intuition on style matter is very misleading.post #23 of 329/22/12 at 8:54amThread StarterI posted the new SteelSeries Sibieria V2 on my FB a while back, and she did like those, but it's a gaming headset. Looks similar to the white AKG K701 (or was it702?) She does play games, so it could be useful. I could play it safe and get the white ATH M50's then.
Yall may be on to something about girls liking DJ headphones. She doesn't have any headphones except some in ears, and when I was talking to her when she had the PRO700MK2 on, she shifted one earcup to the side, haha cute. Lil sis is could be a future producer. I was tempted to just buy some new earpads and give her my MK2, but I'm still attached to them, even if I did get them for friggin cheap.
The ES7 headphones look good too. The white M50's are $128 on Amazon O_O. Guess it's settled, but we can keep the conversation going.
Edited by PFULMTL - 9/22/12 at 9:24ampost #24 of 329/22/12 at 9:54ampost #25 of 329/22/12 at 11:53ampost #26 of 329/22/12 at 2:27pmpost #27 of 326/29/13 at 9:22ampost #28 of 326/29/13 at 11:48amGet something that sounds nice, and get a 500 pack of those stick and peel white (or pink) glitter stones bling whatever. Put on cups the end.
Custom girl cans her friends will drool over.
Edited by ev13wt - 6/29/13 at 11:52ampost #29 of 326/29/13 at 5:13pmpost #30 of 326/29/13 at 5:21pmQuote:
I hope she isn't "the one", because she's his sister and if she really was the one, his gift would probably be a tad late.
- What headphones do females find sexy? (gift idea)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 24 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › CEntrance DACmini CX (Amp and DAC combo) 2 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...