Okay, so I plan on upgrading soon.
Do I get the 7950 now or wait for 9XXX?
I already purchased a Node 304 mITX + 8x2 GB RAM for $135.
The case will not fit a Crossfire/SLI configuration, aiming for single card performance.
I'm fps sensitive, and at the same time I like to dial the quality up.
My monitor will be a Xstar 2560x1440, I doubt the 7950 will handle 1440p with the latest/greatest.
But a IceQ for $200 is hard to pass up, solid and silent.
As for CPU, I don't need something groundbreaking. Maybe an i5/fx will do for me.
I'm thinking of tearing down my current system, and borrowing the 6850 until a good card comes for cheap. At the same time, I would really like to sell it. I figure a whole system and monitor will sell for a better price than the raw parts.