Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) - Page 83

post #1231 of 5393
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Hmm going to pick up the demo for kingdoms of amalur and see how that is. Always wanted to play that game. If worse comes to worse I'll just buy torchlight 2 and burn like 30 hours on that.

I didn't really like Amalur. The gameplay was pretty dull and the camera angle was somewhat irritating since it defaulted to looking at the ground.

post #1232 of 5393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I didn't really like Amalur. The gameplay was pretty dull and the camera angle was somewhat irritating since it defaulted to looking at the ground.

 

~dishonored it is.

post #1233 of 5393
Thread Starter 

Yeah, Kingdoms of Amalur was fun for a bit but it did get dull.

 

Dishonored was better :)

 

Not as RPG of course.

post #1234 of 5393

Still chipping away at Skyrim on Legendary. And still getting my ass handed to me on a regular basis, though I think my character is finally getting her skills high enough to move a little more easily through the game. Still, it's pretty embarrassing when a mage, wielding a dagger, kills you in one hit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Really like night time with this ENB series config. The lighting takes on a bit of a realistic look to it.

post #1235 of 5393

I really want to buy SimCity but the always on DRM and dodgy servers are kinda turning me off.

 

Maybe I'll wait until the game gets a little cheaper, and the bugs are ironed out.

post #1236 of 5393
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

I really want to buy SimCity but the always on DRM and dodgy servers are kinda turning me off.

 

Maybe I'll wait until the game gets a little cheaper, and the bugs are ironed out.

Yeah, some like it, others don't.

 

Reviews are either positive or negative so there is that. Gameplay wise, it seemed to have been good, but network connection is what causes the discerning opinions.

post #1237 of 5393

Isn't there usually unofficial releases a while later with all the DRM removed?

post #1238 of 5393

Just won a 7970 on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-RADEON-HD-7970-Graphics-card-3-GB-GDDR5-PCI-E-Dual-X-NEW-Sealed-/171001148326?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item27d07673a6

 

I can finally take advantage of my fx6300 and start playing far cry 3 haha

post #1239 of 5393
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post

Just won a 7970 on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-RADEON-HD-7970-Graphics-card-3-GB-GDDR5-PCI-E-Dual-X-NEW-Sealed-/171001148326?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item27d07673a6

 

I can finally take advantage of my fx6300 and start playing far cry 3 haha

You didn't really save that much, why not buy from newegg so that if schiit goes down and happens, you have a guarantee

post #1240 of 5393
Thread Starter 

ARMA 3 is quite realisitic

t7wrH8r.gif

post #1241 of 5393
Thread Starter 

Playing Tomb Raider now

 

besides some QTE and too much 'teaching' in the first two hours. This game is beginning to get fun.

 

A lot more usage of weapons than I thought Tomb Raider games would have.... I like it :)

 

The climbing and gameplay is holdable right now. Not as fancy as Assassin's Creed's for PC but way more usable and friendly. 

post #1242 of 5393
Thread Starter 

Video Games don't need to be scientifically accurate......but this is just ridiculous

Tomb Raider

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Airplanes are a faraday Cage. Lightning hits them all the time. A strike of lightning does not cause a jumbo sized airplane to drop out of the sky because it then caught on fire.

post #1243 of 5393
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

You didn't really save that much, why not buy from newegg so that if schiit goes down and happens, you have a guarantee

$40+ shipping is enough for me, plus this guy has 100% feedback and it's listed as NIB so I'm not worried.  I'm loling at the arma 3 gif.  That's the type of glitch they should never patch just like the bf3 beta neck prone thing.

post #1244 of 5393

Dishonored graphics remind me of TF2. Bah I don't really feel like playing it though since I'm looking for some mindless hack and slash. Time to install immortal throne I guess.

post #1245 of 5393
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post

$40+ shipping is enough for me, plus this guy has 100% feedback and it's listed as NIB so I'm not worried.  I'm loling at the arma 3 gif.  That's the type of glitch they should never patch just like the bf3 beta neck prone thing.

It depends if you needed the Dual/Vapor X on the card or if it was something you wanted

 

Do cards bought from Ebay get the Never Settle deal? I'm not sure.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Dishonored graphics remind me of TF2. Bah I don't really feel like playing it though since I'm looking for some mindless hack and slash. Time to install immortal throne I guess.

They aren't that bad.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking)