Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 469  

post #7021 of 9059
Well, my 760 is nice, maxes out saints row 4 at least very, very smoothly.
post #7022 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Asian Parents:

"Don't worry young grasshopper. All this money of yours is actually yours. We're just safekeeping it for you, but don't worry. Anytime you want to use it, it's yours!"

Real Life what they say when you want to use it:

"No"

I know so many many Asians in this predicament. 


Honestly, you are almost done with High School. Save up the money for a good rig before you head to College. Also, you need a laptop for College.
I'm in AsiaAsinine that predicament.
post #7023 of 9059

Yet another "leaked" article that states the benchmarks for r9 390x for those that want to see it. Looks to be a beast. Link here. What do you think? Hey Bowei, I think you would be happy with these news ;) 

post #7024 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxos View Post
 

Yet another "leaked" article that states the benchmarks for r9 390x for those that want to see it. Looks to be a beast. Link here. What do you think? Hey Bowei, I think you would be happy with these news ;) 

To me, it's like posting performance charts of the new lambo and the new corvette.

 

I won't be buying or afford those two. It's nice to look at and quite amazing to talk about. But it doesn't hold any real value inside my heart

post #7025 of 9059
What's the best quiet fan nowadays? Still the new Noctua?
post #7026 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

To me, it's like posting performance charts of the new lambo and the new corvette.

 

I won't be buying or afford those two. It's nice to look at and quite amazing to talk about. But it doesn't hold any real value inside my heart

If those specs are true, that card will be very tempting. What cards do you own now? Just curious :3

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

What's the best quiet fan nowadays? Still the new Noctua?

I think those are good. I know Noiseblockers are not bad either but i think they can be a bit louder if you push them all the way. I do kind of wish I would have purchased Noctuas for my build rather than the Noiseblockers though :/ oh well...

post #7027 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxos View Post
 

If those specs are true, that card will be very tempting. What cards do you own now? Just curious :3

 

I think those are good. I know Noiseblockers are not bad either but i think they can be a bit louder if you push them all the way. I do kind of wish I would have purchased Noctuas for my build rather than the Noiseblockers though :/ oh well...

 

Just two 7870GHz's in CrossfireX. I lucked out on getting them when I was in the market. 

post #7028 of 9059
Is anyone still using 6xx graphics cards here?
post #7029 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post

Is anyone still using 6xx graphics cards here?

650 Ti Boost over here.

post #7030 of 9059
Nothings wrong with holding onto old cards, my 480 was still a good card, I just RMA'd it because the thermal paste was going out and I had a feeling EVGA would send me a nicer card. wink.gif
post #7031 of 9059
How are your cards performing in games?
post #7032 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post

How are your cards performing in games?

Well, it's finally passed its prime with Far Cry 4, only able to run it at Medium with smooth framerates (around 42 FPS average).

Lots of the games before that, like Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, and The Sims 4, all ran at High-Ultra graphics at ~50 FPS without breaking a sweat.

Most of the other stuff I play (Dragon Age: Origins, Far Cry 3, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel) all run at max graphics at ~60 FPS no problem.

 

So, I guess in retrospect, maybe this 650 hasn't passed its prime just yet. :p

post #7033 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Well, it's finally passed its prime with Far Cry 4, only able to run it at Medium with smooth framerates (around 42 FPS average).
Lots of the games before that, like Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, and The Sims 4, all ran at High-Ultra graphics at ~50 FPS without breaking a sweat.
Most of the other stuff I play (Dragon Age: Origins, Far Cry 3, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel) all run at max graphics at ~60 FPS no problem.

So, I guess in retrospect, maybe this 650 hasn't passed its prime just yet. tongue.gif

Wow. 2 year old cards FTW!
post #7034 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post


Wow. 2 year old cards FTW!

Agreed! Cheers, brother!

:beerchug:

 

Looking to upgrade to a 970 in the future, though -- probably in 3 years' time or when I can run the latest games only on Low, whichever comes first.

post #7035 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Agreed! Cheers, brother!
beerchug.gif

Looking to upgrade to a 970 in the future, though -- probably in 3 years' time or when I can run the latest games only on Low, whichever comes first.

That makes sense to me!
I didn't know you could get that much life out of a 650 Ti Boost!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)