or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 393  

post #5881 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

The only games I've noticed that have a huge bottleneck on CPU was miraculously World of Tanks.

 

But it is understandable. From what I can tell, the code is CPU heavy because the majority of its userbase internationally are running on potato's.

 

Using my 7870 GHz Overclocked to mem and core clocks way higher than even the R9 270x, with my Phenom II X4 965 BE stock 3.4GHz. I get 29 to 45fps with sometimes 60 when I'm looking at static stuff. 

 

But with the i5 4430 and the same GPU in my mini ITX summer rig, I get 45-60fps. Funny as hell.

 

There is barely any difference in other games though...real games that is. 


There is a World of Tanks port for the Palm Pre/Touchpad and even the Blackberry Playbook.. Nuff said lol

post #5882 of 9059

So, I got Steam and everyhting up and running, but the problem is that even though Steam lists the game as downloaded, when I launch it, it says that it's missing the executable. Any halp?

post #5883 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post
 

So, I got Steam and everyhting up and running, but the problem is that even though Steam lists the game as downloaded, when I launch it, it says that it's missing the executable. Any halp?

Here's a link that should halp you out

http://bit.ly/1p1VmOM

post #5884 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Here's a link that should halp you out
http://bit.ly/1p1VmOM
Yeah, been there done that. Nothing worked.
post #5885 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Here's a link that should halp you out

http://bit.ly/1p1VmOM

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


Yeah, been there done that. Nothing worked.

 

http://tinyurl.com/mmkvvkw

post #5886 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 

 

 

 

http://tinyurl.com/mmkvvkw

post #5887 of 9059
Thread Starter 

I brought Rocksmith 2014 the other day, it was on sale and came with the USB cable.

 

 

So I got it and went to install it.........and I forgot that I bought the physical package with DVD and my ITX build has no DVD player

 

****

 

So I open the disk and HALLELUJAH BABY JESUS, Ubisoft gave you an activation key for STEAM (through Uplay), so yeah Ubi for once.

 

I hate your AAA ports with a moderate passion but do like that you are at least making an effort unlike some other game studios out there.

post #5888 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

I brought Rocksmith 2014 the other day, it was on sale and came with the USB cable.

 

 

So I got it and went to install it.........and I forgot that I bought the physical package with DVD and my ITX build has no DVD player

 

****

 

So I open the disk and HALLELUJAH BABY JESUS, Ubisoft gave you an activation key for STEAM (through Uplay), so yeah Ubi for once.

 

I hate your AAA ports with a moderate passion but do like that you are at least making an effort unlike some other game studios out there.

Ubisoft and their DRM.  I got to the China mission on Splinter Cell:  Stealth Action Redefined but my optical drive gave out.  Would not detect the play disc :@

Sucked then, and it certainly sucks now. EDIT: Forgot to mention how terrible their Uplay DRM is >.>, its good you have it on steam.


Edited by Yazen - 6/15/14 at 4:06am
post #5889 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post

I agree totally.  Uncharted and The Last of Us both had amazingly great campaigns and then crappy multiplayer that was just a sideshow. I guess it's almost a prerequisite for releasing any game now.  Well I'm about to try the hardline beta, I'm scared.
Really? I found the uncharted multiplayer thoroughly enjoyable. Stealth kills were kinda op though
post #5890 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

What do you want the AMD for?

IT just is that if you don't also do video editing and photo editing or CAD, that the FX 6300's do lag behind the i3 Haswell's in performance for most things

However, AMD motherboards are generally cheaper at the same approximate tier/quality.

There is often RAM 8GB going on sale from reputable company's for $55-$65.

2TB HDD's with good feedback go on sale for $60 often.

The 270x goes on sale for that price often. Looking at the specs, it would seem that the 270 was just an underclocked 7870 but reviewers noted that it was actually a 7850 with added units (shaders I believe) and raised to have specs similar to an 7870 base. The 7850 and 7870 are VERY different cards. The small number change was actually a large difference. At release, the 7870 was about 50+% more expensive than the 7850 at over $100+. It was a large split that AMD did at the time.

Get the 270x. The specs were so similar that I figured the 270 and 270x were all based off 7870 but sources say otherwise. If you can get a 7870 GHz for $120 or less, go that route, otherwise jsut stick with the 270/x's
Thanks,
He does plan on rendering but it is actually more that it saves about $30. Have to cut costs somewhere.
And I appreciate the recommendations for sales, however I have yet to see anything near that cheap here in the few weeks we were looking. Canadian unfortunately :P
post #5891 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkswan View Post


Really? I found the uncharted multiplayer thoroughly enjoyable. Stealth kills were kinda op though

Really?  I found Duke Nukem Forever's multiplayer better than 95% of the games I have tried this year, including BF4.  Let's not forget that this game has modes such as 'Capture the Babe', etc

post #5892 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 

Really?  I found Duke Nukem Forever's multiplayer better than 95% of the games I have tried this year, including BF4.  Let's not forget that this game has modes such as 'Capture the Babe', etc

Sounds good.  I remember in Bad Company 1 if you turned Local VO on the russians would say things like "My leg's curled up or something."

post #5893 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 

Ubisoft and their DRM.  I got to the China mission on Splinter Cell:  Stealth Action Redefined but my optical drive gave out.  Would not detect the play disc :@

Sucked then, and it certainly sucks now. EDIT: Forgot to mention how terrible their Uplay DRM is >.>, its good you have it on steam.

 

Uplay's online cloud backup and some of its DRM features pisses me off yeah. I once lost 10+ hours of progress (marathoning that night) because the cloud and offline backups were conflicted and so nothing was saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkswan View Post


Thanks,
He does plan on rendering but it is actually more that it saves about $30. Have to cut costs somewhere.
And I appreciate the recommendations for sales, however I have yet to see anything near that cheap here in the few weeks we were looking. Canadian unfortunately :P

Gatcha, and yeah CAD has some issues with deaals sometimes

post #5894 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

The only games I've noticed that have a huge bottleneck on CPU was miraculously World of Tanks.

 

But it is understandable. From what I can tell, the code is CPU heavy because the majority of its userbase internationally are running on potato's.

 

Using my 7870 GHz Overclocked to mem and core clocks way higher than even the R9 270x, with my Phenom II X4 965 BE stock 3.4GHz. I get 29 to 45fps with sometimes 60 when I'm looking at static stuff. 

 

But with the i5 4430 and the same GPU in my mini ITX summer rig, I get 45-60fps. Funny as hell.

 

There is barely any difference in other games though...real games that is. 

 

Fire up PlanetSide 2 or DCS World and tell me they're not largely CPU-bottlenecked with a straight face...

 

Then again, maybe the former's much more optimized compared to the last time I played. Who knows...

post #5895 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPFG View Post
 

 

Fire up PlanetSide 2 or DCS World and tell me they're not largely CPU-bottlenecked with a straight face...

 

Then again, maybe the former's much more optimized compared to the last time I played. Who knows...

I dont' play Planetside and don't play DCS world

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)