Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 345

post #5161 of 7054
Thread Starter 

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5524924/the-division-video-snowdrop-game-engine

 

HD800 and Vmoda M80/100 sighted in the next gen game engine video

post #5162 of 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5524924/the-division-video-snowdrop-game-engine

 

HD800 and Vmoda M80/100 sighted in the next gen game engine video

Headphones aside, that looked pretty cool.

post #5163 of 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5524924/the-division-video-snowdrop-game-engine

HD800 and Vmoda M80/100 sighted in the next gen game engine video
That engine looks sexy... Now I wonder what Crytek 4 will be like.
post #5164 of 7054
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


That engine looks sexy... Now I wonder what Crytek 4 will be like.

Hopefully nothing.

 

That would mean there would be another 3 companies that possibly failed before that.

 

Cryengine 4 on the other hand, made by the company called Crytek, would be awesome. Although not anytime too soon

post #5165 of 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Hopefully nothing.

That would mean there would be another 3 companies that possibly failed before that.

Cryengine 4 on the other hand, made by the company called Crytek, would be awesome. Although not anytime too soon
Whoops, I meant Cryengine 4.
post #5166 of 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


Whoops, I meant Cryengine 4.

still. How many *good* games have been made on that engine?  The tech demos are the most impressive things produced by them.  *by good I mean games that aren't praised for breaking computers or making the leaves of trees flap back and forth when you blow out "PFFFFFFFFFFFFT" with your in game lips.

 

You know "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?" well that's true.  Back in the BC2 days I thought graphics were an important part of a game. Now with bf4's fancy grapix and schiit game play I know what I'm missing.

 

So I just ordered an EK supremacy block on ebay for $60 and some ubber posh fittings.  Still need to fabricate a shroud for my "radiator" heatercore and then I'll have a strange hazard in my computer attempting to cool what is by far the worst bottleneck in the system.  

post #5167 of 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

still. How many *good* games have been made on that engine?  The tech demos are the most impressive things produced by them.  *by good I mean games that aren't praised for breaking computers or making the leaves of trees flap back and forth when you blow out "PFFFFFFFFFFFFT" with your in game lips.

 

You know "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?" well that's true.  Back in the BC2 days I thought graphics were an important part of a game. Now with bf4's fancy grapix and schiit game play I know what I'm missing.

 

So I just ordered an EK supremacy block on ebay for $60 and some ubber posh fittings.  Still need to fabricate a shroud for my "radiator" heatercore and then I'll have a strange hazard in my computer attempting to cool what is by far the worst bottleneck in the system.  


So you have learned nothing?  :D

post #5168 of 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Or AMD

I forgot what your specs were but I believe it was a 400W?

Even the 26x AMD GPU's would do fine as long as you have the plugs availble. There are still good prices for AMD cards in that price range. Also the AMD ones perform a bit better.

$170 for a T50 Ti?....haha..no.

At $170, I would just wait for when Newegg has deals on the 270x. But you are gonna need a decent PSU with two PCIE plugs for that. A cheap 400W won't cut it(also need to worry about rails a bit on that if you decide to use a 270x on that).

A single 270x at full load was somewhere around 210 to 250W. Your system draw at full max theoretical real (meaning if everything was for some reason or at some rare point at full draw) would probably still be under 400W. But relying on a $20 PSU to do that without calculating the effect on the 12V rails would be dangerous for you.

It was a 430w PSU from Corsiar (CX430).

$170 750 Ti = Twin Frozr (MSI) or Windforce (Gigabyte)
post #5169 of 7054
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post


It was a 430w PSU from Corsiar (CX430).

$170 750 Ti = Twin Frozr (MSI) or Windforce (Gigabyte)

The 270x is on sale for $170 right now...

post #5170 of 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post


So you have learned nothing?  biggrin.gif
I don't get it.
post #5171 of 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post


I don't get it.


What kind of real world model are you trying to compute?

You aren't upgrading your system for gaming right? :D

 

All the titles I have been waiting for have been let downs.  Playing bf2 and vsav.  Maybe *in the not so distant future* I will have an excuse to upgrade my GPU.  Like you said, graphics are one thing, but in the end what we are doing is playing a game.

 

I seriously hope MGS5 for the PC is good, because I do not feel like spending $400+ for TW3

EDIT:  Any 2013-2014 games worth the plunge?

post #5172 of 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

The 270x is on sale for $170 right now...

Wasn't it $250 regular price?
post #5173 of 7054
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post


Wasn't it $250 regular price?

It's price is supposed to be at $170. The 270 that is. 

 

However 270/x is one of the best cards for mid mining rigs and one of the best for cost to watt to hash ratio. Many buy the more expensive cards(which leads to those becomming expensive as well) for higher hashes per investment of psu and motherboard rig AND because they can also easilly sell it back after for somewhere around 5/6 of what they paid for it most likely.

post #5174 of 7054
Thread Starter 

Back to mining DogeCoins now

 

Such Community

Much Hash

Such Health

Wow

post #5175 of 7054
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Back to mining DogeCoins now

 

Such Community

Much Hash

Such Health

Wow

why you mine doge coins again? They still suck and aren't worth anything compared to a month ago.  

 

All my water cooling stuff got here.  Too bad I don't have anytime to do anything today :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)