Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 339

post #5071 of 7350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Those are ghetto mods though.

 

Do remember seeing people using shoeboxes for ITX HTPC setups on another forum many moon ago. lulz.

Ghetto? Please, it's called resourcefull ;)

post #5072 of 7350

Or recycling. Green computing lol.

post #5073 of 7350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Or recycling. Green computing lol.

Recycle EVERYTHING. The day your rig gives a nasty spark is the day it also auto-recycles in this nifty feature of the case.

 

Why go through the trouble of throwing away broken parts when the new Card-Boardo-Box Extreme 3000 does it for you? In seconds I may add. 

post #5074 of 7350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Recycle EVERYTHING. The day your rig gives a nasty spark is the day it also auto-recycles in this nifty feature of the case.

Why go through the trouble of throwing away broken parts when the new Card-Boardo-Box Extreme 3000 does it for you? In seconds I may add. 
Holy balls, does it support a 360mm rad?
post #5075 of 7350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


Holy balls, does it support a 360mm rad?

oh hell yeah

post #5076 of 7350

ghash.io is paying out double for LTC for the next 6 days or so, so you guys might want to think about pointing miners there until the promo ends. ^^

post #5077 of 7350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

ghash.io is paying out double for LTC for the next 6 days or so, so you guys might want to think about pointing miners there until the promo ends. ^^

Where is the promotion ad? I don't see anything on their page.

 

Crypto is still a bit confusing for me, not how it works, but just how many different logistical systems of doing things there are on the web which have multi features which make it hard to seperate.

 

Not that it's 'hard' hard. Just confusing when you first go on. 

 

I got my stuff set up...but man I don't want to go through setting up schiit for Litecoin now :(

post #5078 of 7350
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Where is the promotion ad? I don't see anything on their page.

 

Crypto is still a bit confusing for me, not how it works, but just how many different logistical systems of doing things there are on the web which have multi features which make it hard to seperate.

 

Not that it's 'hard' hard. Just confusing when you first go on. 

 

I got my stuff set up...but man I don't want to go through setting up schiit for Litecoin now :(

 

Trust me. :p

 

You don't have to set up a wallet, just let the funds accumulate in the pool's account then send it off to an exchange after the promo ends.

 


Edited by deadlylover - 3/14/14 at 12:57am
post #5079 of 7350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

 

Trust me. :p

 

You don't have to set up a wallet, just let the funds accumulate in the pool's account then send it off to an exchange after the promo ends.

 

Doge has fallen hard, but I still have high hopes for it.

 

I just checked, but at my current hash rate, I'll mine about $2.4 of LTC per day if I do it 24/7, even if I double the amount, the USD per day is still less than Doge..

post #5080 of 7350
Thread Starter 

Nevermind, it seems Doge has falled to about the same price per USD as LTC

 

Good call, gonna mine some LTC then ;)

post #5081 of 7350
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Nevermind, it seems Doge has falled to about the same price per USD as LTC

 

Good call, gonna mine some LTC then ;)

 

Yup, it's a good time to switch over because the rewards from mining DOGE isn't as good as it should be, because of big multipools gaming the system or some shenanigans.

 

This problem was patched and will come into effect soonish (3-4daysish IIRC), all the more reason to switch to LTC for now until the promo ends. ^^

post #5082 of 7350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

 

Yup, it's a good time to switch over because the rewards from mining DOGE isn't as good as it should be, because of big multipools gaming the system or some shenanigans.

 

This problem was patched and will come into effect soonish (3-4daysish IIRC), all the more reason to switch to LTC for now until the promo ends. ^^

1.6 update seeks to fix that.

 

I follow Dogecoin religiously on Reddit and so I get some nice updates.

 

:)

 

Yep, hope this works out for me, not that I need the extra money it will give me. 

 

Dayum, DogeCoin at one point was giving me about $12+ a day...... how far you've come shibe. 

 

I believe in Dogecoin and so far, I think I'm a bit biased towards it thanks to the subreddit which is the largest one on REddit now I think?

 

A lot of its silliness is a viable business strategy in my opinion. 

 

I once asked them a question on how one makes money with Dogecon or ways to maximize it or why they dont' do X Y Z. I kept getting responses on community and random memes before one guy came along and showed me the light. The light that crypto fiat currencies like this have no real value besides the comraderie, and community that we build off of each other. And in where tipping and spending the Doge is crucial for it as that is how you make it grow bigger. You can only market, promote, and grow the community and coin if you spend it on good causes. Support your local exchange, send some Doge's to all the dogecoin accepting charaties. Doge was a joke coin that came to be huge thanks to the common idea that

 

1 Doge = 1 Doge

 

In where its an idiotic coin with such little value(at the beginning) that why not just throw it randomly at charities, and make awesome jokes about it?

 

I think that if the Dogecoin Foundation stepped up its marketing efforts, and with the 1.6 update, along with a bit of re-unification that Dogecoin can once again be sweet to mine.

 

http://priceofdoge.com/

 

1 Doge will always be 1 Doge

post #5083 of 7350
Thread Starter 

^Have you checked out Cgminer variants with X-intensity yet?

 

For me, it's a bit spikey, but always in a positive way.

 

At the very least, I get 70kH/s more, on average, it's about 100kH/s more total, but in weird and rare occasions, I get 300kH/s more.

 

My previous hash rate was 580kH/s with the old miner (same gpu settings and everything)

 

But with X-Intensity, I get around 650kH/s easilly, with spikes up to 870kH/s every now and then and everywhere in between the 650 to 8xxkH/s

 

all with same gpu settings. 

post #5084 of 7350
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

^Have you checked out Cgminer variants with X-intensity yet?

 

I haven't dabbled in it yet for the 7950, but my other cards are hashing just fine.

post #5085 of 7350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

 

I haven't dabbled in it yet for the 7950, but my other cards are hashing just fine.

With XIntensity? Nice :D

 

Litecoin mining going pretty well.

 

You should have linked me to ghashio using your referral link :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)