Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 330

post #4936 of 6598

Interesting deal for those looking for a new gaming notebook:

 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=CWerMKG0EeOaAnpkOaeOxQmhz6_eNYz3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16834152477&cm_sp=

 

Apparently it includes a 50" TV, go figure!

post #4937 of 6598
Thread Starter 

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7847197&CatId=2390

 

Logitech G9X pricing error at $3.97 cents

 

I just bought 4....

post #4938 of 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7847197&CatId=2390

 

Logitech G9X pricing error at $3.97 cents

 

I just bought 4....


Not sure it was a pricing error, as they are having some sort of 'blow out' sale on their page.  Hell, they are selling brand new Lumia 900s for $14?!?


Too bad I missed out on the online stock, might be better this way lol

post #4939 of 6598
Say what?
post #4940 of 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 

Ohio.  Its been as low as -31 Celcius in my room this winter, but real men have no issue with this ;)

 

it was that temp inside?

 

 

how, why, wtf!?!?!?!?

 

if it gets below 10c here i think its freezing cold outside

post #4941 of 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Say what?

Incredible deals were up early morning!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
 

it was that temp inside?

 

 

how, why, wtf!?!?!?!?

 

if it gets below 10c here i think its freezing cold outside

Temperature in my room.  Had to pull down my AC because I was damaging my PC from the temps loool

The cooling itself was not working, too cold outside.  Had the blower running though...Worth it? 

 

EDIT:  This was mostly due to laziness, as its a bitch moving an AC out of a cramped room

post #4942 of 6598
What GPU would go best with an AMD FX-8350?
I'm buying parts for a PC ($500 budget) and don't know if the FX-8350 will bottleneck a 7770.
Open for suggestions!
post #4943 of 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post

What GPU would go best with an AMD FX-8350?
I'm buying parts for a PC ($500 budget) and don't know if the FX-8350 will bottleneck a 7770.
Open for suggestions!

 

If you want to spend $500 total, get a lower end AMD CPU.  Get the FX-6300 and whatever free motherboard option from Microcenter (~$100-$110 without coupon).  *Most* new titles are going to be console ports, so I would imagine a more powerful GPU would be needed.

 

Just my opinion of course.

 

I would probably hit some used/thrift/pawn stores and see what I could scrape up first.  There are a lot of places with 'broken' desktops that simply are missing CPUs...Take advantage of America people, ffs!  Online deals are nothing compared to your local auctions! 

post #4944 of 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post

What GPU would go best with an AMD FX-8350?
I'm buying parts for a PC ($500 budget) and don't know if the FX-8350 will bottleneck a 7770.
Open for suggestions!

Interested in a used 6950? 

post #4945 of 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Interested in a used 6950? 

For free? Sure. :p

post #4946 of 6598
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post

What GPU would go best with an AMD FX-8350?
I'm buying parts for a PC ($500 budget) and don't know if the FX-8350 will bottleneck a 7770.
Open for suggestions!

No no, its all wrong. With a $500 budget total, this is your best way.

 

For best gaming performance you need this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901

 

And then you need to buy the best cardboard case money can afford. D

 

It's uber i7 firepowa and Intel HD graphgics will tear apart gaming competition, leaving you in the leads.

 

You don't need anything else

 

 

^-----What every mainstream gaming laptop thinks------^

post #4947 of 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

For free? Sure. :p

It's Pick Up only... +dinner <3 

post #4948 of 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

No no, its all wrong. With a $500 budget total, this is your best way.

 

For best gaming performance you need this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901

 

And then you need to buy the best cardboard case money can afford. D

 

It's uber i7 firepowa and Intel HD graphgics will tear apart gaming competition, leaving you in the leads.

 

You don't need anything else

 

 

^-----What every mainstream gaming laptop thinks------^

 

Um.....are you being serious or not because you put "What every mainstream gaming laptop thinks under that...

 

Really though, I'm thinking it would bottleneck.

post #4949 of 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 

 

If you want to spend $500 total, get a lower end AMD CPU.  Get the FX-6300 and whatever free motherboard option from Microcenter (~$100-$110 without coupon).  *Most* new titles are going to be console ports, so I would imagine a more powerful GPU would be needed.

 

Just my opinion of course.

 

I would probably hit some used/thrift/pawn stores and see what I could scrape up first.  There are a lot of places with 'broken' desktops that simply are missing CPUs...Take advantage of America people, ffs!  Online deals are nothing compared to your local auctions! 

 

My dad objected everything having to do with pawn/thrift/used.

 

He said "It's not worth it, [INSERT BLABER HERE]."

post #4950 of 6598
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutDeflector View Post

Um.....are you being serious or not because you put "What every mainstream gaming laptop thinks under that...

Really though, I'm thinking it would bottleneck.

The FX CPUs won't bottleneck any single-GPU solution I know of(MAYBE a 290X or Titan). When are you planning to buy? I was trying to put together a part-list for you the other day but I couldn't beat the combo deal you were looking at price wise. tongue.gif Really though, take Yazen's advice. FX-4300/6300 and a higher end GPU.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)