Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 300

post #4486 of 7330
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

When I say different parts. I'm talking about possible variants of a model or series. Retail class, professional class etc.

I'm sorry, but are you a ****ing idiot?

 

One product is aimed at one market and is stuck with one model #. As far as I've seen, companies don't use identical models and label them as two separate products as far as computers go.

 

And don't argue about chip architectures and such (ex. FM2/FM2+ Athlons which are basically APUs with the iGPU disabled/lasered to death or Xeons which are basically i7's with no iGPU or with a different iGPU). That's different.

post #4487 of 7330
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

And the fight continues!

 

Anyways, I guess it depends on what you count as a rebrand. Basically all of Corsair's PSUs are rebrands of power supplies from their respective OEM (Seasonic and a one or two other companies IIRC). I guess you could also say the same for RAM (since they usually use chips from other companies).

 

I wouldn't exactly call that a rebrand and with PSU's it's a whole different story. Bowei's implication is slap a different sticker on X product which is the same as Y product to fool the audience. Also with PSU's remember there are only a handful bunch of true OEM's that design the backbone circuits of PSU's for other manufacturers (FSP, HEC, CWT and few Seasonic) as well as some (Enermax) that have and do there own in house designs. Although the circuitry and stuff is pretty much based off the same primary base model, the case, ratings and such are still done by the 3rd party manufacturer. OEM's only accept the contracts and patents and makes the circuits for the manufacturers, what the manufacturer wants to do with it is there own choice.

 

Johnnyguru is the best source for this sort of discussion and clarification as it's get quite complex with the whole process of what, who and why.

post #4488 of 7330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

 

There are no re-brands in the computing world, ever. A manufacturer can tailor a specific piece of hardware for an OEM (i.e RAID controllers and non consumer drivers such as Seagate SCSI and SAS drives) meeting there needs but these are not available to consumers so it's ruled out of the equation, let alone being shipped to different countries. 

 

Another thing I see massively wrong with that blog is as if they are continously forcing hard drives to work to a certain degree until it fails in there pod environment. This does not mimic the variable and daily usage regular users and consumers have when they turn on there computers. Also the faults I have stated with G.Skill and OCZ are IC fault related, conventional hard drives are mechanical and work by using moving parts, moving parts are always going to wear out faster (but it is arguable the IC's can fail faster due to random memory seek and load access but they have higher tolerance), it is still a different perspective of comparison between the two and shows no justification in your original point was that you were saying.

That's the type of thing I am talking about. Variables.

 

Like I said below. you guys are taking it out of proportion. I'm just referring to perception, theoretical variables, direct variables, and all of their coorelations with each other. It has little to nothing to do with the examples (poorly chosen ones) that I have used. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

I'm sorry, but are you a ****ing idiot?

 

One product is aimed at one market and is stuck with one model #. As far as I've seen, companies don't use identical models and label them as two separate products as far as computers go.

 

And don't argue about chip architectures and such (ex. FM2/FM2+ Athlons which are basically APUs with the iGPU disabled/lasered to death or Xeons which are basically i7's with no iGPU or with a different iGPU). That's different.

I don't think you guys are getting what I mean.

 

Those were poorly worded examples. The point isn't in the examples but rather in perception, theoretical, and direct numbers and the coorelation between them with failure rates. 

 

I'm not leaving this to just computers.

 

A slightly better example may be some workstation GPU's. There is evidence that a few GPU's in the past that were labeled as proffessional workstation cards were but the same 'gaming' GPU except targeted towards professionals who will pay for the certifications, software targetting etc. 

 

There are a few other cases of one same product being re sku'd etc for one company as opposed to another. Such as Laptops being SKU'd for a specific retailler.  ind The point of these cases NOT being in the product or example BUT in variables of models and the perception and theoretical and direct coorelation between all of those and failure rates

post #4489 of 7330

But this is not perception, it is proven evidence and official announcements from the horses mouth, i.e the manufacturer itself whose words hold a higher tone and priority importance than regular folks like me who have gone to the wits end calculating, observing and working in the industry itself with first hand experience to know what I'm talking about. Still learning to as we all are.

 

Did you forget about my key words in my above post, "this doesn't include the OEM and enterprise/server grade sector? Quadro's/FireGL's/Tesla's are not products for the average Joe consumer workstation. 

post #4490 of 7330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

But this is not perception, it is proven evidence and official announcements from the horses mouth, i.e the manufacturer itself whose words hold a higher tone and priority importance than regular folks like me who have gone to the wits end calculating, observing and working in the industry itself with first hand experience to know what I'm talking about. Still learning to as we all are.

 

Did you forget about my key words in my above post, "this doesn't include the OEM and enterprise/server grade sector? Quadro's/FireGL's/Tesla's are not products for the average Joe consumer workstation. 

 

What I am doing is something akin to breaking down an entire article or data.

 

Say you are given an assignment. You are to read a research paper and then you are to break down every single point of where it failed to mention X Y Z, or if something it did may not have been done correctly to give fully accurate results, or ANY and ALL variables that could have gone wrong.

 

That is more or less what I do with most things that I do or are required of me. I take everything more or less with a grain of salt in that sense. 

 

Your post may have included those key words, but they don't factor into what it is that I am doing. 

post #4491 of 7330

Not really you're just throwing contradictory statements to refute what I've been saying making your post look like a constructive piece of work. As I've said take what I've said to however your liking, this thread has been derailed.

 

You can learn much by listening to others.


Edited by DefQon - 2/2/14 at 8:51pm
post #4492 of 7330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

Not really you're just throwing contradictory statements to refute what I've been saying making your post look like a constructive piece of work. As I've said take what I've said to however your liking, this thread has been derailed.

 

You can learn much by listening to others.

Let's head back to you original post. Just the post. Now imagine it as a school assignment. Where you are to identify every source of where the numbers may have 'gone' wrong or in how they may be represented incorrectly.

 

The result of my writting is based on that chain of thought. You aren't following the process of what it is I mean correctly. I'm refusing your statements because they are not directly appliable to what it is I mentioned in the first place. You wouldn't consider a best cookie recipe for an award in a show that only asks for pie recipe's would you?

post #4493 of 7330
Ok, ok...
1. Please guys, stop arguing, we're all friends (aquaintances) here, if you want to argue, open up a "PC Debate" thread
2. I don't know where this argument started, but I think it was when Iforgotwhoitwas mention OCZ and G.Skill failure rates.
3. These posts are getting so freakig long that I'm just skipping them. So please, stop fighting.
post #4494 of 7330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post

Ok, ok...
1. Please guys, stop arguing, we're all friends (aquaintances) here, if you want to argue, open up a "PC Debate" thread
2. I don't know where this argument started, but I think it was when Iforgotwhoitwas mention OCZ and G.Skill failure rates.
3. These posts are getting so freakig long that I'm just skipping them. So please, stop fighting.

We aren't fighting of course. We are having a debate of the upmost un-important type becuase we are most likely bored and watching anime on the side with our second monitors...because PC Master race

post #4495 of 7330
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

We aren't fighting of course. We are having a debate of the upmost un-important type becuase we are most likely bored and watching anime on the side with our second monitors...because PC Master race
I still am wondering why I stopped watching anime... WHOA! DID NEGI JUST KISS THAT CHICK?!?!
post #4496 of 7330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


I still am wondering why I stopped watching anime... WHOA! DID NEGI JUST KISS THAT CHICK?!?!

OMFG NEGIMA !!?!?..... I finished reading the entire series a year or two ago. Decent read :D

post #4497 of 7330

I'm on the road again
Trying to make some money
I'm crying-dying-trying
Looking forward to find my little spicy birdy
Where she's gonna be?

At the bus stop, parking lot
there is none where she should be
...


I love my round the world girls
They're always waiting for me
I never let them down, that's why
They promised me a dose of sweet exctasy
Can´t you see

post #4498 of 7330

*peeks from behind cover*

 

Is it over?  I also stopped reading the posts after a while lol

post #4499 of 7330
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

We aren't fighting of course. We are having a debate of the upmost un-important type becuase we are most likely bored and watching anime on the side with our second monitors...because PC Master race

Tsk tsk, anime goes on the main screen. Nothing is more important than seeing Rea in 1080p. Everything else is secondary. Was watching Sankarea a minute ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

OMFG NEGIMA !!?!?..... I finished reading the entire series a year or two ago. Decent read :D

So many feels when it ended. :(

post #4500 of 7330

Come on guys this is the PC thread not anime thread, we have our own dedicated anime thread for anime/manga talk you baka's.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)