or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 289  

post #4321 of 9059
Anyone know anything about the Bitfenix Fury PSUs?
post #4322 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post

Anyone know anything about the Bitfenix Fury PSUs?

Search up the OEM.

 

Generally, you want Seasonic or Superflower. Those are the two big OEMs you want.

 

Edit: Also, I'm pretty garbage at arcade now. It might be because I haven't touched this game in a few months or the new match making system but I can only get 4-7 kills now instead of 10+ in most arcade battles using the previous match making system. I just spend most of my time bomber hunting now since I've seen swarms of bombers in a couple of matches.

 

They hold no chance in my Ki-45. :D


Edited by HybridCore - 1/26/14 at 7:28am
post #4323 of 9059
I know I've already asked this, but is the any way I can plug the Bitfenix Alchemy cables directly into a PSU? Because I think it's pointless if they're just extensions.
post #4324 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post

I know I've already asked this, but is the any way I can plug the Bitfenix Alchemy cables directly into a PSU? Because I think it's pointless if they're just extensions.
Ahhhh what the hell, I'll just do my cable routing magic and spend maybe 2 days on management even with the extensions.
post #4325 of 9059

They're all extension cables from what I can tell.

 

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/premium-modding/alchemy-cables#specs

post #4326 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

They're all extension cables from what I can tell.

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/premium-modding/alchemy-cables#specs
Yeah, I know. I'm gonna have to spend several days working with the cables, but whatever.
post #4327 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post

Ahhhh what the hell, I'll just do my cable routing magic and spend maybe 2 days on management even with the extensions.

You can if you're cool with replacing the plugs.

post #4328 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Eh, but that's when all the FMs and DMs are absolutely nothing like how they would normally be (you can fly and turn perfectly fine with a crit wing or fuselage, etc. in arcade). That and you can sustain flat turns and regain energy much, much faster.

If I have trouble shooting a bi-plane in a typhoon, I think that says a lot.

 

That was terrible though. I only shot down one. XD Not used do having a crit wing affect my flight performance so much, but that's Arcade for you.

 

My best match of HB though was probably when we were flying Ki-61's and I shot down 2 Yak-9's.

 

Eh...looks a bit messy...

 

And that 8-pin connector is really bothering me, but I saw your explanation for why.

 

I really don't undestand the aesthetic behind high-profile vengeance heatsinks. They look butt-ugly to me. They sort of look like G.Skill Ripjaws X gone wrong (and in high profile. Heatsink fins are tilted outwards, ugly, ugly stickers, etc.).

 

And then I don't know why I hate Corsair. They have decent products, although often with a few crucial design flaws that kill it for me. Also, the amount they charge for RAM binning is ridiculous (staring at those Dominators, Dominator GTs, and Dominator Platinums). Other companies also bin their chips as well (Mushkin, Crucial, Kingston, G.Skill, etc.) and they don't charge nearly as much as Corsair.

 

The other thing that annoys me is that all of their PSUs are rebrands. It's not necessarily a bad thing but it just happens to bother me. They do have great customer support though from what I've heard. They've replaced almost an entire rig since one of their AIO coolers leaked on the user.

 

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/01/15/radiator-shroud-testing-v2/

 

Pretty good benefits.

 

I use positive pressure. I didn't purchase any extra fans so all I had to work with were the two fans that came with my case. I have two intakes and no exhausts (I removed the PCIe covers and left certain place unblocked to let the air flow out from pressure).

 

I don't really like calling my setup positive pressure since it's more of positive flow. I'm trying to use that concentration gradient of molecules in air to push them out of the back of the case. I try to remove anything that will restrict airflow (ex. expansion slot covers, etc.) to let it leave the case freely.

 

That hex mesh I still have isn't helping though, but I don't want to cut it out of the case.

 

The length of the PSU cable, its only semi-modular, and the two adapters for the second GPU make it messy. If I had a PSU that was full modular, had long enough cables with at least 4 PCIE express plugs with enough on the 12V rails. Then the build can be mega clean.
 
They don't look butt ugly to me. I don't really see much in them as well. The corsair Dominators look nice though, not that I would ever pay for it. 
post #4329 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

 

Dominators like fine. Vengeance...ehh...Vengeance Pro and Low Profile Vengeance are okay but I like the look of G.Skill (much, much simpler) and Mushkin (IMO the best looking heatsinks). The Samsung miracle memory looked great as well (in fact, you could barely see it in the RAM slots).

post #4330 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Dominators like fine. Vengeance...ehh...Vengeance Pro and Low Profile Vengeance are okay but I like the look of G.Skill (much, much simpler) and Mushkin (IMO the best looking heatsinks). The Samsung miracle memory looked great as well (in fact, you could barely see it in the RAM slots).

I'm getting more and more into subtly awesome types of builds like you kinda are. Not really the same. I like stuff that is very 'industrially rough' but still sleek and smooth. The Dominator and NZXT's new case as well as some of Corsair's cases and cooling sets are what I mean :D

 

It's been about two+ days of mining Doge coins and I have about $18 worth :D Maybes I can buy stuff soon :D

 

What do you guys recommend. Going from Doge to Bitcoin and buying stuff off Tigerdirect or Doge to USD through various exchange methods?

post #4331 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

I'm getting more and more into subtly awesome types of builds like you kinda are. Not really the same. I like stuff that is very 'industrially rough' but still sleek and smooth. The Dominator and NZXT's new case as well as some of Corsair's cases and cooling sets are what I mean :D

 

It's been about two+ days of mining Doge coins and I have about $18 worth :D Maybes I can buy stuff soon :D

 

What do you guys recommend. Going from Doge to Bitcoin and buying stuff off Tigerdirect or Doge to USD through various exchange methods?

I like how Corsair's cases look, but the new style of the Obsidian cases simply are designed to never hold 5.25" bay devices (or you can go make your own custom faceplate for your 5.25" devices), the look of the new Graphite 230T I think it is, Vegance high-profile RAM, etc. all look pretty damn awful to me.

 

NZXT I absolutely love. NZXT for life. The H440 is really, really beautiful and looks like it will be great for air cooling and water cooling.

 

USD is more stable than Bitcoin, although Bitcoin is settling down. I'd probably go to USD just to be safe. Bitcoins are basically the most unstable stocks the world has seen.

post #4332 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

I like how Corsair's cases look, but the new style of the Obsidian cases simply are designed to never hold 5.25" bay devices (or you can go make your own custom faceplate for your 5.25" devices), the look of the new Graphite 230T I think it is, Vegance high-profile RAM, etc. all look pretty damn awful to me.

 

NZXT I absolutely love. NZXT for life. The H440 is really, really beautiful and looks like it will be great for air cooling and water cooling.

 

USD is more stable than Bitcoin, although Bitcoin is settling down. I'd probably go to USD just to be safe. Bitcoins are basically the most unstable stocks the world has seen.

Tigerdirect and a few people accept them :) But yeah I guess :/

 

Dogecoins, TO THE MOON :D :beerchug: Very currency, wow, much coin, how money, so crypto, plz mine, such profit.

post #4333 of 9059

Maybe I should dabble on mining. But having a 660Ti is kinda limited.

post #4334 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Maybe I should dabble on mining. But having a 660Ti is kinda limited.

Yeah probably not worth it. Especially with a Nvidia card and a 660Ti. 

post #4335 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Maybe I should dabble on mining. But having a 660Ti is kinda limited.

CUDA mining is a thing now, apparently.

 

http://www.overclock.net/t/1462070/wccf-cuda-mining-is-here

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)