Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 281

post #4201 of 6747

Probably time to OC my RAM (sitting at 1600MHz). This APU isn't going to do any better if I don't.

post #4202 of 6747
What would be the difference between ddr3 and ddr4?
post #4203 of 6747
Thread Starter 

http://blog.backblaze.com/2014/01/21/what-hard-drive-should-i-buy/

 

Very interesting article to read

 

The compressed version here:

http://lifehacker.com/the-most-and-least-reliable-hard-drive-brands-1505797966

 

 

The problem with this is that its not an acculumative outlook on EVERY drive that the companies have and then averaged into a failure rate.

 

The top link does list the drives they do use and have tested though. But basically, this company has bought and tested many drives and see how it goes. The ones in the report are the ones that are on their 'buy' lists or have passed the test.

 

Of course, like any good scholar, we can't just assume that the drives they tested and didn't work in their enviroment sucked or that because it passed their test, that their numbers of each brand represent the cream of the crop. Nope

 

But none the less, still a good look.

 

I've seen data like this before, bust most showed very similar rates, and nothing NEAR as large of a difference as this table shows. As the research said, the drives they picked did not represent the best low cost drives, but rather the best cost drives for their own production facility. 

post #4204 of 6747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruhx View Post

What would be the difference between ddr3 and ddr4?

 



It will be mostly the lower power/voltage requirements that people would notice. It will of course have higher bandwidth (DDR4 4266 is possible I guess).
post #4205 of 6747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruhx View Post

What would be the difference between ddr3 and ddr4?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2085880/intel-set-to-bring-ddr4-dram-to-computers-in-third-quarter.html

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/file/media/DDR4_Brochure-0.pdf 

 

Those talks about some of the differences. More RAM per stick, faster, eat up less energy. And (oh god) more pins. Of course the price will also match how new off a technology they are. So on a budget (whenever they actually come out) they probably aren't worth it.

post #4206 of 6747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Mine's a button. I can use it. Currently have it mapped to "=" (which activates a macro in one of my games). I suppose they moved that one. Shame, I liked it where it was.

I prefer the 2000ii more, due to it's better ergonomics, and why would you need a ring-finger button that you can't reach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2085880/intel-set-to-bring-ddr4-dram-to-computers-in-third-quarter.html
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/file/media/DDR4_Brochure-0.pdf 

Those talks about some of the differences. More RAM per stick, faster, eat up less energy. And (oh god) more pins. Of course the price will also match how new off a technology they are. So on a budget (whenever they actually come out) they probably aren't worth it.
Oh yay (sarcastic tone), more unnecessary upgrades. Now we can pay 3 times more for motherboards and RAM and have negligible performance differences. (If you use dedicated graphics. This assumption is based on what I use my PC for mainly: gaming)
post #4207 of 6747
That black piece just in front of the up/down is the extra "thumb button".
post #4208 of 6747
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Probably time to OC my RAM (sitting at 1600MHz). This APU isn't going to do any better if I don't.

I have corsair dominator (2x4gb sticks) that's supposed to be running at 1600MHz but my bios says it's only running at some random frequency WAY lower than that.  Even before I oced my cpu it was still all messed up and when I set the multiplier to run at 1600 I can't even boot....

post #4209 of 6747
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

I have corsair dominator (2x4gb sticks) that's supposed to be running at 1600MHz but my bios says it's only running at some random frequency WAY lower than that.  Even before I oced my cpu it was still all messed up and when I set the multiplier to run at 1600 I can't even boot....

Did you use XMP?

post #4210 of 6747
Redid my cable management (again) and I have to say, I think I did pretty good.
post #4211 of 6747
Thread Starter 

Pics or it didn't happen :tongue:

post #4212 of 6747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruhx View Post
 

NO. Just kidding haha.. go ahead :p 

Heres the current build again: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cruhx/saved/3rbP

 

Anyone able to recommend a sound card for the V-Moda M-100s?

If you want a sound card solely for your headphones, getting a usb dac would be more cost efficient.  The Musiland 02 US is pretty good, its like a Xonar STX with rolled opamps.  You can use it as a optical transport if you decide to upgrade, so its never really going to become useless.  If you upgrade your rig there's a chance your future sound card will not fit/compatibility issues.  Musiland 02 US takes more space and an extra cord, but that is up to you whether or not its a con.

 

The STX and 02 US are not very lush, so I imagine they would be a good match for the M100. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Taking a Linux class and I want to talk to some one as I learn all these cool BASH commands...

 

DERAIL TIME

so mkdir makes me laugh <3

 

also finally figured out how to use my USB DAC and Hm801 as input to my pb1 [I had the right cables I just... forget I had them]

 

so that is super cool, even better the Line out of the HM801 forces the UAC 202 line out to run at the same Volum leve, I'm using a y3.5mm Y Spilter, with a RCA to 3.5mm and 3.5m to 3.5mm Male connectors, my UAC 202 has a weak line out, how ever in conjuction with the hm801, they both output at the hm801's level... which is nice as I don't have to worry about my music being louder than my Instruactional Videos 

 

also... mkdir ~LinuxThread

 

WHO IS WILLING TO CD with me! 

cd ~/Downloads

rm -rf Pronz

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


Doing this reminds me of Yazen, the mouse product pusher. Lol jk, Yazen.

LOL man, I my recommendations were for discontinued products XD. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post


Yep I agree lol it's not a bad thing though. THE SIDEWINDER

SIDEWINDER!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
 

Hey, my Sidewinder X5 lasted me a good 3 years!

+1

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Godayum AMD breakin' down my Schiitty drivers. 

 

-_- I get weird screen flickering on my main display randomly sometimes (doesn't happen to 'secondary' display). It only happens to the display labeled as main. And what happens it that graphical artifacts and blue and white lines go down the entire screen and flicker. You can't even see anything behind the flickering (as in it doesn't react to you moving schiit around on where the desktop of the main monitor is)

 

I look online and it has to do with hardware acceleration and 2D clocks. But basically, its AMD drivers ******** up and sometimes when 2D accelerated stuff comes out, the clock goes crazy and random schiit happens.

 

I spent 10 minutes trying to use CCC and AFterburner to correct it. Nope, didn't work....and so I decided to yet again(like last time it happened), restart my computer so I close all my windows. Some of those windows had Flash, and other 'accelerated' stuff on it. The moment I closed them.......fixed.

 

Both AMD and Nvidia have schiit driver support. :mad:

I had somewhat of a similar issue, but it helped to clean and downgrade back the driver.  Its not like Nvidia is any better, most of my cards do better with old driver releases.  My 9500 GT feels like its standing on its last leg with the latest driver.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Probably time to OC my RAM (sitting at 1600MHz). This APU isn't going to do any better if I don't.

Its amazing how you can get 20% performance boost by just OC the RAM.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Pics or it didn't happen :tongue:

Ahaha, so y'all can run my bandwidth limitation while I'm on campus.

post #4213 of 6747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post

Oh yay (sarcastic tone), more unnecessary upgrades. Now we can pay 3 times more for motherboards and RAM and have negligible performance differences. (If you use dedicated graphics. This assumption is based on what I use my PC for mainly: gaming)

Depends on your use, it mike make a difference if your PC is used as a workstation (my main usage), or a server, better response times and what not. But at the price that it will come at... won't be worth it for a while for me.

post #4214 of 6747
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 

If you want a sound card solely for your headphones, getting a usb dac would be more cost efficient.  The Musiland 02 US is pretty good, its like a Xonar STX with rolled opamps.  You can use it as a optical transport if you decide to upgrade, so its never really going to become useless.  If you upgrade your rig there's a chance your future sound card will not fit/compatibility issues.  Musiland 02 US takes more space and an extra cord, but that is up to you whether or not its a con.

 

The STX and 02 US are not very lush, so I imagine they would be a good match for the M100. 

 

cd ~/Downloads

rm -rf Pronz

 

LOL man, I my recommendations were for discontinued products XD. 

 

SIDEWINDER!

 

+1

 

I had somewhat of a similar issue, but it helped to clean and downgrade back the driver.  Its not like Nvidia is any better, most of my cards do better with old driver releases.  My 9500 GT feels like its standing on its last leg with the latest driver.

 

Its amazing how you can get 20% performance boost by just OC the RAM.

 

Ahaha, so y'all can run my bandwidth limitation while I'm on campus.

Did you just drop a y'all? Where in the USA are you from?

post #4215 of 6747
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Did you just drop a y'all? Where in the USA are you from?

LOL.

 

And while I still see people talking about mice... still love my Logitech G5s, and my G3. Though my next mouse will probably be the M65, I like the M60, so I assume the M65 will be really similar.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)