Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 279

post #4171 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Toppre?

SPELL IT RIGHT. IT'S TOPRE.

post #4172 of 6617
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

SPELL IT RIGHT. IT'S TOPRE.

Topppreee?

post #4173 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruhx View Post

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cruhx/saved/3rbP

What do you think of my soon-to-be build?
Is that mouse actually $112? Wow, you could spend $50 and use that saved money for more RAM or a better HDD, heck, maybe downgrade on some unnecessary stuff and add a SSD.
post #4174 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruhx View Post
 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cruhx/saved/3rbP

 

What do you think of my soon-to-be build?

If it's a gaming rig, might want to toss in an SSD, provided you care.

post #4175 of 6617
Thread Starter 

A video editor (After Effects alternative) is currently for free

https://hitfilm.com/express/free

 

Check it out

post #4176 of 6617

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2ENlK

 

Updated with a cheaper mouse, I chose the other one because I'm really into peripherals and making my set-up aesthetically nice.  This is the lowest I can get my build.  Its cheaper than before AND has a 2tb HDD instead of 1tb.  Is an SSD worth the price? I wouldnt know whether to get a 120gb or 240gb either.

post #4177 of 6617
Does anyone know when that fauncee MSi Z87 "Gaming" mini-ITX mobo is gonna be released? And how does mini-ITX OC'ing fare?
post #4178 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruhx View Post
 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2ENlK

 

Updated with a cheaper mouse, I chose the other one because I'm really into peripherals and making my set-up aesthetically nice.  This is the lowest I can get my build.  Its cheaper than before AND has a 2tb HDD instead of 1tb.  Is an SSD worth the price? I wouldnt know whether to get a 120gb or 240gb either.

If you mean the lowest price you can get your build that's not true at all.  get on forums/ebay/craigslist and get stuff used or wait for deals to pop up.  If you're patient enough you could probably save a hundred bucks at least.


Edited by linglingjr - 1/20/14 at 9:55pm
post #4179 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruhx View Post
 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2ENlK

 

Updated with a cheaper mouse, I chose the other one because I'm really into peripherals and making my set-up aesthetically nice.  This is the lowest I can get my build.  Its cheaper than before AND has a 2tb HDD instead of 1tb.  Is an SSD worth the price? I wouldnt know whether to get a 120gb or 240gb either.

Having an SSD is quite worth it. Someone probably wants to talk technical data, but on a simple note, it helps. Read and write from an SSD is many times faster than an HDD, meaning faster load times, a better boot time, and over all better performance. You could get a 120GB (like I have) and put your OS and very important apps/games on it. And the HDD for the rest of your stuff, videos, music, pictures, and other apps/games that you don't care about. With a 240GB you can afford to splurge and put stuff that isn't important on it.

 

I don't really like the PSU either, but oh well.

 

That's no where near as low as you could get that rig to go. Cheaper RAM, and maybe even a cheaper GPU. Your CPU would probably give you more of a bottleneck than your GPU, depending on your usage.

 

My 2 cents.

post #4180 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruhx View Post
 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2ENlK

 

Updated with a cheaper mouse, I chose the other one because I'm really into peripherals and making my set-up aesthetically nice.  This is the lowest I can get my build.  Its cheaper than before AND has a 2tb HDD instead of 1tb.  Is an SSD worth the price? I wouldnt know whether to get a 120gb or 240gb either.


I would recommend getting 240gb one, if you tend to install games or programs on it, it gets full pretty fast.

 

You cant go wrong with Samsung 840 pro or evo series.

 

They released some update month ago which included Rapid mode. My read speeds doubled. About 1300Mb/s now (840 Pro)

 

Also, 240gb ones tend to have higher write speeds. From 240gb and up they are pretty much same.

post #4181 of 6617
I might consider getting an ssd for my OS, maybe for Photoshop or a few games. But I don't really want to downgrade the gpu, because I want it to last for a while. And I don't see how I could lower the price on the ram, I thought 75 was pretty low already..
post #4182 of 6617
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruhx View Post

I might consider getting an ssd for my OS, maybe for Photoshop or a few games. But I don't really want to downgrade the gpu, because I want it to last for a while. And I don't see how I could lower the price on the ram, I thought 75 was pretty low already..

8GB commonly falls to $55. Newegg has deals a lot.

 

GPU's have a high depreciative value of cost to performance past about $200-$250. Keep that in mind.

post #4183 of 6617
I'll look out for a $55 deal for ram, thanks.

To be honest I think the 770 is the best deal, anything more than that is overkill
post #4184 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruhx View Post

I'll look out for a $55 deal for ram, thanks.

To be honest I think the 770 is the best deal, anything more than that is overkill
Can I recommend a mouse to you?
post #4185 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Fear no longer, this thread is your haven, your fortress of solitude.

 

That is indeed SLI GTX 780's, that is indeed multiple pics of Crysis 3, that is indeed a core i7 4xxx desktop processor, and yes, that is a custom water cooling loop.

 

Welcome. 

You wish Panda. ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)