Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 277

post #4141 of 6651
Thread Starter 

Just booted up RAGE

 

So here I was, thinking that all the bugs and problems with RAGE that it had upon initial Pc release were gone? ....Yeah no. 

 

All that it fixed were the random crashes, and giving advanced graphical settings in the UI as a feature (when it released, you had to do some sketchy cfg file editing to get some 'features') 

 

This game is schiit efficent. Literally. It runs like schiit. I've run worlds that render a schiit ton more stuff run better than that (BF4 and Crysis 3 as examples). 

post #4142 of 6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post
 

 

You don't have to imagine. We are already well beyond that. At CES Nvidia had a 12K setup, three 4K monitors in Nvidia Surround mode, running off of four Titans in SLI. 

 

Check it out: http://www.maximumpc.com/ces_2014_gaming_12k_nvidia_video

Mind. Blown.

post #4143 of 6651
post #4144 of 6651

I have been out of the hi end pc market and pc games for a couple of years now. But now I'm ready to jump back in to both. Just wanted to see how current I am and if I'll need to do any upgrading to play the newest games with all the eyecandy. Here is what I have:

 

*i7 2600k @4.2

*8gb ram

*128 Corsair SSD

*3tb data drive

*Nvidia 570gtx

 

thanks...

post #4145 of 6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/VXAce/saved/2MpZ

 

Still thinking....

That PSU is so much overkill it's crazy. A 400-500W one would be more than enough.

post #4146 of 6651
Thread Starter 
That would be enough if it was a very good psu at 400-500W

Granted that even my system doesnt draw that much (4-500W) on idle, it would help him if he bought gpus later on.(doesnt seem like it)

Im not sure how much power all those drives will take though
post #4147 of 6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/VXAce/saved/2MpZ

Still thinking....
How about 2 dual channel kits of HyperX RAM? And the Perixx MX-2000ii? Just some recommendations.
post #4148 of 6651
Did I also mention that I fabricated a monitor stand with an old bookshelf panel?
post #4149 of 6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/VXAce/saved/2MpZ

 

Still thinking....

What is this for? NAS?

 

At that point, just get a Synology NAS. PSU is also waaaay overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


How about 2 dual channel kits of HyperX RAM? And the Perixx MX-2000ii? Just some recommendations.

Nothing special about HyperX. Mushkin, Kingston, Corsair, G.Skill, etc. are good brands. Just see which ones are the least expensive and grab a set.

post #4150 of 6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

What is this for? NAS?

At that point, just get a Synology NAS. PSU is also waaaay overkill.
Nothing special about HyperX. Mushkin, Kingston, Corsair, G.Skill, etc. are good brands. Just see which ones are the least expensive and grab a set.
My point exactly. Vengeance is overpriced. I got HyperX and it's comparable in performance and cheaper also.
post #4151 of 6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Back at college

 

Had to do mega game instal and updates

 

 

This is why I love it :D

for sticking real, even my silly little local college has 4 Mbs down! And I live in the back woods South East USA 

post #4152 of 6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/VXAce/saved/2MpZ

 

Still thinking....

Do not get the M65, get the Corsair M60. I've had mine for a year the thing is rock solid and like $5 more, not to mention i have 0 issues with the M60 Software, I just upload Hardware settings into the mouse when I play a game [yea oy have to chance it every game] but it worksl ike magic

 

also... u got a GPU in dere q.Q'

post #4153 of 6651
PCPartPicker is telling me my planned overhaul is gonna be about $700. Way to disappoint.
post #4154 of 6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


My point exactly. Vengeance is overpriced. I got HyperX and it's comparable in performance and cheaper also.

Vengeance is fine. It's Dominator that's "overpriced". They're so expensive because they bin all of their chips so most modules are "golden modules", aka as good as they can be.

 

My question is how strict their binning is. It's probably no better than G.Skill's (Pi, Trident, etc.), Mushkin's (Redline), or Kingston's (HyperX). Same with other companies.

 

I sometimes wonder why I don't like Corsair. They're a great company but a lot of their products are rebrands (PSUs), have a few design flaws (cases but almost everyone's cases have flaws, so this really isn't valid), or overpriced (RAM). SSDs are okay but Samsung is the king of the hill right now. Mouse and keyboards are okay. Speakers and headphones are meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Do not get the M65, get the Corsair M60. I've had mine for a year the thing is rock solid and like $5 more, not to mention i have 0 issues with the M60 Software, I just upload Hardware settings into the mouse when I play a game [yea oy have to chance it every game] but it worksl ike magic

 

also... u got a GPU in dere q.Q'

This just looks like an overpriced NAS to me. I don't think you should be gaming with a rig like that. Maybe some Minecraft but that's it.

post #4155 of 6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Vengeance is fine. It's Dominator that's "overpriced". They're so expensive because they bin all of their chips so most modules are "golden modules", aka as good as they can be.

 

My question is how strict their binning is. It's probably no better than G.Skill's (Pi, Trident, etc.), Mushkin's (Redline), or Kingston's (HyperX). Same with other companies.

 

I sometimes wonder why I don't like Corsair. They're a great company but a lot of their products are rebrands (PSUs), have a few design flaws (cases but almost everyone's cases have flaws, so this really isn't valid), or overpriced (RAM). SSDs are okay but Samsung is the king of the hill right now. Mouse and keyboards are okay. Speakers and headphones are meh.

 

This just looks like an overpriced NAS to me. I don't think you should be gaming with a rig like that. Maybe some Minecraft but that's it.

NAS? U lost me there, and it's his build for all we know he could be running a Mine Craft Server 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)