or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 245  

post #3661 of 9059
Thread Starter 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #3662 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPFG View Post
 

 

To add to this, I remember reading an article on what separated good programmers and great programmers a while back.

 

The basic difference: Great programmers are problem solvers.

 

They can think logically, structure a solution to the problem at hand, and then write code that solves the problem as efficiently as possible.

 

Of course, that's quite a bit easier said than done, but if you keep it in mind, it should help you grasp the concept of computer programming a bit more easily. Think less about the syntax of whatever language you're using, and think more about how you can solve the problem at hand with what amounts to a glorified calculator.

 

Also note that with object-oriented programming, you have the benefit of developing classes that you can re-use later for other projects. Don't re-invent the wheel if you don't have to, and remember that you can break down important functions of your program into separate classes! Most of your code should NOT be in the main program with object-oriented languages, but in separate classes that you call from the main program.

 

I should note, I'm just a beginning programmer myself, having just finished an intro course on C# programming and developing with the PSM SDK with a long way to go to develop anything substantial...but programming syntax no longer intimidates me, and I feel like I have the foundational knowledge to proceed on my own from here. In fact, now I find myself trying to picture how games might function behind the scenes, knowing they're still running on glorified calculators...

 

 

Oh, damn it! Guess I better order a bunch of Gentle Typhoons soon.

 

But my HW Labs Black Ice GTX 360 wants LOTS of static pressure...three AP-29s, or six AP-15s in push-pull? Decisions, decisions...

 

(I'm currently using three Scythe S-Flex SFF21Fs, which do a decent job, but are discontinued and may not be perfectly ideal for a dense radiator like this. This is the sort of radiator that people get screaming loud, screaming fast Deltas for...but I wouldn't have much tolerance for the fan noise.)

Good post. Programming is about problem solving, not learning the syntax. A mistake most of us has made once or twice.

post #3663 of 9059
post #3664 of 9059
Nice job, bowei. Now you need sum o dem sexy braided cables.
post #3665 of 9059

I don't know why people call them braided. I'm used to modder terminology so they're sleeved cables to me. -_-"

post #3666 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

I don't know why people call them braided. I'm used to modder terminology so they're sleeved cables to me. -_-"
Hmmmm... They're braided cloth, sleeved cables.
post #3667 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

I don't know why people call them braided. I'm used to modder terminology so they're sleeved cables to me. -_-"

My PSU didn't have long enough cables for me to cable manage well.

 

Also....my PSU doesn't have four PCIE cables so I have a monstrosity of a 4 molex adapter mess of schiit-ness going on in the case

post #3668 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


Hmmmm... They're braided cloth, sleeved cables.

Well, the so called "cloth" may be braided but the cable themselves aren't.

 

And I put cloth in quotes since sleeve can be paracord or plastic (I think they use PET in sleeving).

post #3669 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Well, the so called "cloth" may be braided but the cable themselves aren't.

 

And I put cloth in quotes since sleeve can be paracord or plastic (I think they use PET in sleeving).

Paracord = braided nylon thread

Techflex(PET) = braided PET strands

...

so on.

post #3670 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcandmar View Post

You think that was an improvement, try Windows 8..
Hah, without the BIOS deal, my linux setup boots in like 4 seconds. <3
So I had a big programming contest in java, it was the written exam and not programming though... I'm currently in a 2A school (wanting to go to a charter), and this competition was with around 60 kids from 5A schools and schiit... I got second mofos! xD (And I'm only a freshman)
post #3671 of 9059
Thread Starter 

The amount of problems that Windows 8.1 is giving me.....

 

I'm having a problem that is being reported on Windows 8.1 right now where it will randomly crash but still enable the mouse to keep working, but not let things be clickable with limited keyboard usage.

 

Ahhhh...

post #3672 of 9059
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

The amount of problems that Windows 8.1 is giving me.....

 

I'm having a problem that is being reported on Windows 8.1 right now where it will randomly crash but still enable the mouse to keep working, but not let things be clickable with limited keyboard usage.

 

Ahhhh...

 

Ouch, this is with your new upgraded rig?

 

When in doubt, reformat. :p

 

After that, you'll have to start pulling parts out to isolate the problem, I hope it's not a hardware issue!

post #3673 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

 

Ouch, this is with your new upgraded rig?

 

When in doubt, reformat. :p

 

After that, you'll have to start pulling parts out to isolate the problem, I hope it's not a hardware issue!

From what I'm reading. It may be both.

 

Some weird 8.1 quirks with some hardware drivers causing it.

 

All my drivers are up to date but that doesn't mean anything really.

 

The crashing happened at an extreme amount when I plugged in some DIY audio DAC and tried playing music. How do I know this? I did it 5 times(restarted computer, and played music with the DAC) before complete utter entire system freeze and crash. Keyboard and some windows functions however worked, and worked extremely fast with no lag and the mouse still moved. Which leads me to believe that just as others say online, that it is some 8.1 quriks with current drivers. 

post #3674 of 9059
 
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

The crashing happened at an extreme amount when I plugged in some DIY audio DAC and tried playing music. How do I know this? I did it 5 times(restarted computer, and played music with the DAC) before complete utter entire system freeze and crash. Keyboard and some windows functions however worked, and worked extremely fast with no lag and the mouse still moved. Which leads me to believe that just as others say online, that it is some 8.1 quriks with current drivers. 

 

Ooooh, sounds like you got it sorted.

post #3675 of 9059

Ooh, nice thread going on here! I have a decked out X79 platform with the i7 extreme SB-E. Is there a worthy successor yet? I'm looking to scale down the heat a bit lol.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)