or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 243  

post #3631 of 9059
MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 for my friend's build?
post #3632 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post

MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 for my friend's build?

awwww how cute.

post #3633 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

awwww how cute.

That's what I thought. Must be a pretty cute little build. Don't forget to put some pink on the case.

 

No other comments.

post #3634 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 

There are many philosophies when it comes to designing an operating system, and just about darn everything in computing! If there was only one way to do things, there's a good chance AMD would not be around.

 

There are many Linux distributions because there are many ideals and goals in the Linux community. I like Linux because of the sheer flexibility and possibilities to achieve something that the average user would not think to do/ care about.

 

In respect to Super users, why not make yourself root? Or you could just use the default root account made by your distro if applicable.

 

thats normally what i do but its just pain and hasstle.  which for me sums up linux.  usless your a super basic user who wants to change nothing and will just use whatever the default browser is then changing things is always more pain than it should be.  

 

plus i was a big gnome 2 fan and its dead.  the fall out from that has just been a big heap of petty squabbles.  the result it everything seems to be trying to look like either windows or osx, or things like unity.  tbh if im going to use soemthing that looks like windows why not use windows?

post #3635 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post

awwww how cute.
Ummmm ok? He got his Prodigy, and this is the only decent mobo I could find within his budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post

That's what I thought. Must be a pretty cute little build. Don't forget to put some pink on the case.

No other comments.
It'll be easy to paint, trust me.
post #3636 of 9059

FEZ sold over a million copies! :D

post #3637 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

awwww how cute.


WELL, DO YOU HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?!?!?!? lol, kidding, but really, I need to find a good mobo for him, typically under $90.

post #3638 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post
 


WELL, DO YOU HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?!?!?!? lol, kidding, but really, I need to find a good mobo for him, typically under $90.

Not really, might want to go AM3+ mobo but I think the A<insert> series is kicking off. I looked at for a while when I was thinking of building a HTPC/<insert random uses>. You can actually pull pretty awesome stuff off of the APUs, and it's perfect if you don't plan on heavy gaming or installing a GPU. My only down point is there is only 4 SATAs, but then again, I fill all my computers to the brim with HDDs (when I can afford it).

 

My word for MSI is stay away from that stupid Winki thing, your brain will start hating you if you use it.

post #3639 of 9059

huehuehue the most egotistical, snobish, drives his dads $18,000 truck and brags when he destroys the suspension type kid in my CAD class today had quite a fit because some file he downloaded was zipped.  It seemed that he didn't know how to unzip a file.  "Yeah I downloaded it but it's zipped, why is it zipped? "  I laughed pretty hard for being 7:50 am, no doubt a great way to start off my day.

post #3640 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

huehuehue the most egotistical, snobish, drives his dads $18,000 truck and brags when he destroys the suspension type kid in my CAD class today had quite a fit because some file he downloaded was zipped.  It seemed that he didn't know how to unzip a file.  "Yeah I downloaded it but it's zipped, why is it zipped? "  I laughed pretty hard for being 7:50 am, no doubt a great way to start off my day.

LOL

 

The gap between the people who are educated in technology and those who aren't is getting a bit too big tbh.

post #3641 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

LOL

 

The gap between the people who are educated in technology and those who aren't is getting a bit too big tbh.

First week of a programming class I took was teaching people how to turn on and log into the the Macs we use in class. That was fun... and they say Macs are 100% user friendly.

post #3642 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

First week of a programming class I took was teaching people how to turn on and log into the the Macs we use in class. That was fun... and they say Macs are 100% user friendly.

I'm thinking it says more about the future coders you had in class than it does about Macs. 

post #3643 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

I'm thinking it says more about the future coders you had in class than it does about Macs. 

Maybe. Being pretty adapt with PCs myself, it took me a second to realize the power button was on the BACK of the dang thing. But it was still pretty amusing.

post #3644 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

Maybe. Being pretty adapt with PCs myself, it took me a second to realize the power button was on the BACK of the dang thing. But it was still pretty amusing.

Well, at least it showed them the kind of agility it takes to work in IT. Few things are exactly the way we want, so we have to adapt. Not sure I've heard of programmers not knowing how to turn on a computer though. Was this in university?

post #3645 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

Was this in university?

Nah, highschool.

 

I actually just surprised myself, I was able to completely wipe Vista off my machine and install Windows 7 onto it. And get the basic stuff running in about 3 hours. Wow.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)