or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 236  

post #3526 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


No, it looks like a plastic folding table.

Have you ever seen one in store? It's very majestic.

 

Why not build your own?

post #3527 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Have you ever seen one in store? It's very majestic.

Why not build your own?
Idk if my dad is willing to do that with me, we'll see. I've thought of that before... Anyway, the nearest Ikea is 35-40mi. away.
post #3528 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


Idk if my dad is willing to do that with me, we'll see. I've thought of that before... Anyway, the nearest Ikea is 35-40mi. away.

Mine is the same distance away. Not too bad for us. :/

post #3529 of 9059

Hmm, ever try gently used/thrift stores?

 

Got a very modest sized desk, imitation wood for $18.  Auctions are great too, local ones (not those online types)

post #3530 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 

Hmm, ever try gently used/thrift stores?

 

Got a very modest sized desk, imitation wood for $18.  Auctions are great too, local ones (not those online types)

I got my desk at a garage sale for $7, the worse part was carrying it by hand. For a mile.

post #3531 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post

I got my desk at a garage sale for $7, the worse part was carrying it by hand. For a mile.
Damn.
post #3532 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


Idk if my dad is willing to do that with me, we'll see. I've thought of that before... Anyway, the nearest Ikea is 35-40mi. away.

I remember when I lived in Coventry, UK....the nearest Ikea was 250m away. Good times.

post #3533 of 9059
Found a relatively good corner desk from Staples. Normally $130, I got it for $60, as a early Cyber Monday sale.
post #3534 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post

Found a relatively good corner desk from Staples. Normally $130, I got it for $60, as a early Cyber Monday sale.

GARAGE SALE 1

STAPLES 0

 

Could you take a photo of your system once its all finished :D

post #3535 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post

GARAGE SALE 1
STAPLES 0

Could you take a photo of your system once its all finished biggrin.gif
System? You mean office thing?
post #3536 of 9059

Ikea Galant ftw. :D

 

I need to get myself one.

post #3537 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Ikea Galant ftw. :D

 

I need to get myself one.

It's WOBBLY AS **** though. Yes, I have it all set and done right. The big big big ass table size however does give it about 1cm of 'flex' which isn't much, but enough to put some wobble into it

 

The wobble problem goes away once you have stuff on the desk though. 

 

It's not exactly wobbly either, just a poor choice of words. It bends a bit is what I mean to say.

post #3538 of 9059
Thread Starter 

 

 

This is glorious on too many levels. 10MB/s? Yes please. That is a big B by the way :D

post #3539 of 9059

What's your guys take on upgrading to SSDs?  Has anyone cloned their system image and just done it that way without re-installing any programs or needing to re-install windows?  Right now I'm probably going to just re install everything but I'm not confident that I'll actually see a performance boost this way (compared to cloning).... Just a huge headache needing to re-install/download all my games and programs.  

 

Also a kind of stupid question:  If I only put my OS and maybe some programs like Photoshop on  the ssd and all my games and programs on my other 500gb hdd would I still get faster loading times with games even if they're installed on the hdd?

post #3540 of 9059
Thread Starter 

I don't care for program data or any of that so its always fresh instals for me :/

 

Samsung and some other companies have SSD transfer kits that do what you are saying but I guess more consumer friendly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)