or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 208  

post #3106 of 9059
Anybody looking at Amd's new cards? The 280x is a pretty good deal and the HD7950 has dropped to like $200. I'm personally waiting to see the r9 290 before I upgrade.
post #3107 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

Buy a $200 keyboard, no one bats an eye.

 

Spend more than $60 on a mouse and everyone loses their mind.

Uses Happy Hacking Pro 2 Silent as keyboard. Uses 1996 era MS rollerball mouse.

post #3108 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post

lol I'd prefer a larger than normal mouse pad because 1) I play at some what low of sensitivity and 2) I have a gigantic desk that looks some what bare with the little disney land mouse pad on it.

as for the RAT mouses being poop, mine's been fine for over 2 years now I know people rage and destroy their controllers all the time but is it common for people to get pissed when gaming on their PCs and slam their mouses on the table or to punch their keyboards? 
Eh, I find people on PC are a lot more chilled out than on PSN. CoD fanboys on XBox: You get killed; (In whiny voice) "Heyyyyy, HE'S HACKING!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

Buy a $200 keyboard, no one bats an eye.

Spend more than $60 on a mouse and everyone loses their mind.
Ikr? lol The expression on your avatar perfectly matches how it would be while saying this irl.
post #3109 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob4tacoz View Post


Eh, I find people on PC are a lot more chilled out than on PSN. CoD fanboys on XBox: You get killed; (In whiny voice) "Heyyyyy, HE'S HACKING!!!"
Ikr? lol The expression on your avatar perfectly matches how it would be while saying this irl.

No.. PC gamers are just the same, if not worse.  The MOBA communities are probably the worst.  You only get to hear their whiny voices on Teamspeak unless there's voice integration, but you know they're whiny nerds haha.

 

I'm not a terrible player, but I make mistakes.  HoN/DotA players are too unforgiving, so when I'm stretched thin, I troll with my DT880s blasting my favorite tunes.

 

$200 for a keyboard is still pricey.  My trusty IBM Model M does me justice for $30, still white :D
More satisfying for typing than other switches I have tried.  Its not modern looking by any means, but you can always outfit one with LEDs.

post #3110 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post

No.. PC gamers are just the same, if not worse.  The MOBA communities are probably the worst.  You only get to hear their whiny voices on Teamspeak unless there's voice integration, but you know they're whiny nerds haha.

I'm not a terrible player, but I make mistakes.  HoN/DotA players are too unforgiving, so when I'm stretched thin, I troll with my DT880s blasting my favorite tuness.

I agree, in general the Dota community is pretty bad. I said one bad thing about it, not even saying it was a bad game just that it had one problem and they all freaked out at me on Facebook.
"Go back to LoL f**" etc.
Pretty immature actually
post #3111 of 9059

The entire BF community says "Go back to CoD kid" if you're doing better than them or if you say something they don't like.  

post #3112 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkswan View Post


I agree, in general the Dota community is pretty bad. I said one bad thing about it, not even saying it was a bad game just that it had one problem and they all freaked out at me on Facebook.
"Go back to LoL f**" etc.
Pretty immature actually

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

The entire BF community says "Go back to CoD kid" if you're doing better than them or if you say something they don't like.  

 

Its pretty disappointing to experience communities like these.  When I play a game, I'm there to PLAY it.  I don't care if they're up two creeps/minions or tickets lol.

Hard to call these games games when I feel more stressed than at university/work.

 

Lately I've been playing pokemon card gb2 on my phone lol.,  AI seems to be very positive and supportive after a victory well earned!

post #3113 of 9059

That's why in Neverwinter I only play with friends or guildies with voice chat on. If it's a pug, voice chat off.

post #3114 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
 

That's why in Neverwinter I only play with friends or guildies with voice chat on. If it's a pug, voice chat off.

Last time I tried playing Neverwinter I had a hard time finding a game.  But I'd imagine there being a lot of 35 year old pugs

post #3115 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post
 

$200 for a keyboard is still pricey.  My trusty IBM Model M does me justice for $30, still white :D
More satisfying for typing than other switches I have tried.  Its not modern looking by any means, but you can always outfit one with LEDs.

 

THAT's the only reason why $30 is working out for you.  There will never was another keyboard as good for as cheap as the Model M is, and there never will be another keyboard as good as the Model M in that price range.  I mean, we both know that the Model M is essentially the keyboardist's holy grail, but $30 won't do jack**** compared to $100+ in today's market unless you go used.

 

As for mice, I've had a Logitech G5 for over a year now, and it does me good, although I'm considering upgrading when I do get my next machine.  I know at the least I'm definitely pushing for a new keyboard then.

post #3116 of 9059
I have a generic old beige keyboard that I got for free and it works fine. My mouse I got for $10 and if it goes on sale again Im buying three
post #3117 of 9059

Hey guys, been a while, lol.

Anyway, quick question: Razer Naga (2013 redesign) vs. Logitech G602?

 

I'm just gonna list the pros for each or something, to save you the time to go to the websites :D:

(Note: The price I found on an online store is exactly the same. The seller is the same for both products.)

 

Razer Naga:

  • Accuracy (8400 dpi vs. 2500)
  • Speed (~50G vs >20G)
  • Buttons (19 vs. 11)
  • Tilt-click scroll wheel

 

Logitech G602:

  • Wireless capability
  • Battery life (250 hrs. on Gaming mode, 1440 hrs on Performance mode)

 

Hmm, honestly the G602 would fit my needs as the gaming computer's position is used as more of an HTPC, therefore wireless mice are more convenient; of course, I could put up with a seven-foot cable straight onto the coffee table. What do you think?

post #3118 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Hey guys, been a while, lol.
Anyway, quick question: Razer Naga (2013 redesign) vs. Logitech G602?

I'm just gonna list the pros for each or something, to save you the time to go to the websites biggrin.gif :
(Note: The price I found on an online store is exactly the same. The seller is the same for both products.)

Razer Naga:
  • Accuracy (8400 dpi vs. 2500)
  • Speed (~50G vs >20G)
  • Buttons (19 vs. 11)
  • Tilt-click scroll wheel

Logitech G602:
  • Wireless capability
  • Battery life (250 hrs. on Gaming mode, 1440 hrs on Performance mode)

Hmm, honestly the G602 would fit my needs as the gaming computer's position is used as more of an HTPC, therefore wireless mice are more convenient; of course, I could put up with a seven-foot cable straight onto the coffee table. What do you think?
IMO the Naga is the better mouse. But if youre sitting on the couch Youre gonna Want the wireless.
post #3119 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkswan View Post


IMO the Naga is the better mouse. But if youre sitting on the couch Youre gonna Want the wireless.

Meh, I think I'll take the Naga, since I should be able to put up with the cables. 

Still, I don't play many games that really use the side buttons, save for Terraria and Minecraft for the hotkeys (the mouses I've tried left a bad impression on me, so I'm not sure if I could trust them any more). Other than that, I play mostly FPS, but I'm looking forward to getting FF14 this holiday season (for the PC, of course). 

 

IMHO, MMOs are annoying with most of them being the freemium types.

Plus, the RotM character development is really getting old, fast. And finally, I don't have many friends.

Okay, maybe I do, and he plays LoL, so I'll give it a shot, maybe.

post #3120 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Yeah, I got 16GB of DDR3-1866 for ~£30 last year. Only problem is that it's rated for 1.65V...which didn't matter anyway since it was stable at 1.5V

 

If I just had future sight back then, I'd be running a full 32 GB instead of 16 GB...probably would be faster than DDR3-1333 too, but I don't think many applications (not benchmarks) benefit much from memory overclocking compared to CPU and GPU overclocking.

 

I know what you're thinking: "16 GB is already overkill, why do you need 32 GB?" Turns out that Windows has some spiffy new RAM disk utilities now, plus I like to multi-task on my systems. As it turns out, Web browsers alone will eat up several gigabytes with all the tabs I open if left unchecked, and then there are the few 64-bit-capable titles like DCS World that force me to cut down on the background processes to free up valuable RAM. Yeah, it's not hard for me to utilize 8 GB right now, if for no other reason than the software I use probably being full of memory leaks and crap.

 

Anyway, I've got most of that new computer being delivered this week. The one thing I haven't bought yet is the CPU, since I need to be sure my bank account can take the $212 hit. (How can I get it that cheaply, you say? Two words: Micro Center. Now if I just had a job that would qualify me for Intel Retail Edge...)

 

Also, looking back at all the IBM Model M talk...that is unquestionably the one best value in keyboards, so long as you don't mind a 2KRO matrix. I'm still rocking my 1391401 on my desktop. The only other switch that even comes close for me is the Cherry MX Clear, which is incredibly difficult to find as an option compared to the other Cherry MX switch types. I haven't tried the older IBM beam springs yet, though...

 

Ultimately, I want either an ErgoDox with MX Clears, or a Model F 122-key converted to PS/2 or USB with full NKRO. That probably won't happen for a while.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)