or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 142  

post #2116 of 9059

Steam: $20. Me: -$20.

 

This is only going to get worse...

post #2117 of 9059

LOL!

 

I only bought Ridge Racer Unbounded because I always wanted to play it and it's only $5-$7 bucks.

 

But I believe I will probably end up with a few more games that I will probably NOT play until 2014... (still have my PS3 backlog and I have the PS4 pre-ordered.... )

post #2118 of 9059
Dammit steam... Making me buy like another cheap game to get a summer trading card... rolleyes.gif surgeon simulator could be fun though...
post #2119 of 9059

Got Dishonored just to see what the fuss is about. Hope it's like Thief.

post #2120 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Got Dishonored just to see what the fuss is about. Hope it's like Thief.

I waiting for Dishonored to come up as a daily deal or a flash sale.

I bought Bastion already. Now I waiting for daily deals on Deadpool and Metro Last Light.
post #2121 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post

I waiting for Dishonored to come up as a daily deal or a flash sale.

I bought Bastion already. Now I waiting for daily deals on Deadpool and Metro Last Light.
Metro Last Light was kinda on sale yesterday

I posted the deal into the anime thread......but yeah
http://kotaku.com/right-now-you-can-buy-metro-last-light-for-one-penny-750398956
post #2122 of 9059

 

Actual game footage? SQUEEEE!

post #2123 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

 

Actual game footage? SQUEEEE!

I'm sorry, The Witcher has always been better than Dragon Age.


EDIT:  The youtube video does not do justice, particularly to the part mentioning the open world.


Edited by Yazen - 7/12/13 at 7:51pm
post #2124 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post

I'm sorry, The Witcher has always been better than Dragon Age.

 

 

The Witcher series easily has the worst combat I've played in a WRPG series, the first game in particular. The Witcher 3 certainly looks gorgeous, but I have absolutely no faith in them fixing the combat.

post #2125 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post

The Witcher series easily has the worst combat I've played in a WRPG series, the first game in particular. The Witcher 3 certainly looks gorgeous, but I have absolutely no faith in them fixing the combat.
Did you play Witcher 2?

I had no problems with the combat
post #2126 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Did you play Witcher 2?

I had no problems with the combat

 

Some of it. I was only able to get a few hours in because of the incredibly dry writing, characters, and world. The combat was admittedly better than the first Witcher's, but was still nothing great.

 

Also, the menus were an ABSOLUTE nightmare. Not sure just what the hell they were thinking when they designed them, but apparently they felt the need to throw out 20 years worth of WRPG design in favor of something more nonsensical.

post #2127 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post

 

Some of it. I was only able to get a few hours in because of the incredibly dry writing, characters, and world. The combat was admittedly better than the first Witcher's, but was still nothing great.

 

Also, the menus were an ABSOLUTE nightmare. Not sure just what the hell they were thinking when they designed them, but apparently they felt the need to throw out 20 years worth of WRPG design in favor of something more nonsensical.


Not to mention it seemed they tried to push the "mature" feeling by having the characters swear like a sailor every chance they get.  The combat is kind of a nightmare still; I managed to make it 8 hours in over the past few weeks and just gave up. Writing doesn't have to be explosive or exciting all the time, would it kill the writers to throw in SOME charm. The characters in the world just cannot deliver a line; I'm not sure if it's the voice actors or the actual writing but both just seem as dull and listless as a dead man's eyes. The menu's were pretty bad; and I have no idea why they made them so convoluted when it adds nothing to the game except some false depth? Maybe I'm over thinking the menu's thing but they were still pretty atrocious.

post #2128 of 9059
Thread Starter 
I really had no problems using it.

It realy dealt with me getting used to the menu, and once it did. I was perfectly fine. Making potions was hard at first but it got really easy after two hours or so.
Just played 3 hours of Metro Last Light after I finished 2033 yesterday

As of right now, I like Metro 2033's gameplay and levels better due to how open they were and how scavenging was really fun. The scavenging in Last Light feels a bit cheap, but that may just be me. Last Light also felt a bit too linear, but again, may be because I just finished the other.
post #2129 of 9059

I will be preordering Witcher 3 and waiting for DA:I to prove itself(no preorder for you EA, not after the schiit that was the ME3 ending).

 

Witcher one was harder than 2. Witcher 2 was like ezmode. Geralt does sound a bit monotone in his line delivery, but since I think the rest of the VA was good, I assume it's part of the character(I have yet to read the books).

 

The menu system is awkward for about 3 minutes. Ass Creed still stands out for me as having the worst user->game iteration of any game I've ever played.

post #2130 of 9059

--


Edited by Yazen - 7/13/13 at 10:16pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)