Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 15  

post #211 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post

Started playing Red Faction Armageddon, and I gotta say, this game has some incredible sound design. Like, seriously, some of the best I've ever heard in a game. One of the most impressive things about it is the ambient sounds, and how they aren't static. As you turn to look around, the sound actually pans to keep it's place in the environment. Most games that have ambient sound just keep it in one channel, so even if you're turning, it stays in the left or right ear. (I'm looking at you, Skyrim!)

Also, the sound of buildings and stuff falling is just awesome, and being able to hear the rubble scrape together as you walk over it is a nice touch. There's also a lot of variety in the sounds, so when you hear a building being crunched, it doesn't sound the same for every one.

Really, really neat. biggrin.gif

Oh, also, I just remembered: As your gun gets lower and lower on ammo, it makes a different noise when firing.
Ooooh, sounds great! I need to make space for it, though. frown.gif
post #212 of 9059
Thread Starter 

Assassin's Creed 3: 8/10 (PC Gameply mechanics and performance is bad)

COD BO2: 8/10

Dishonoured: 9/10 (too short and could have had better use of things)

Far Cry 3: 8.5/10 (nothing really much left after you beat SP)

 

I have many other games to demo.

post #213 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Assassin's Creed 3: 8/10 (PC Gameply mechanics and performance is bad)
COD BO2: 8/10
Dishonoured: 9/10 (too short and could have had better use of things)
Far Cry 3: 8.5/10 (nothing really much left after you beat SP)

I have many other games to demo.
How do you rate Saints Row 3?
post #214 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

How do you rate Saints Row 3?

7.5 to 8/10

 

I am not a free roaming liking dude that gives way too much freedom.

post #215 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

7.5 to 8/10

I am not a free roaming liking dude that gives way too much freedom.
But you can drive on sidewalks!!! xD
post #216 of 9059

Man, I loved Saints Row 3. Probably my favorite (non-RPG) open-world game. It's so silly, so much fun, and the character and vehicle customization is great. I think probably a third of my time spent playing that game was customizing my character and cars. biggrin.gif

post #217 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post

Man, I loved Saints Row 3. Probably my favorite (non-RPG) open-world game. It's so silly, so much fun, and the character and vehicle customization is great. I think probably a third of my time spent playing that game was customizing my character and cars. biggrin.gif
I need to get off that game, you should see my cars!
post #218 of 9059

One thing I got into the habit of doing is changing the colors of my character to match my car.

1000


If I got bored of that color of the car, I'd change it, and my character, too.

1000

post #219 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post

One thing I got into the habit of doing is changing the colors of my character to match my car.
1000



If I got bored of that color of the car, I'd change it, and my character, too.
1000
Nice! Have you done the body mods to the street sweeper yet? rolleyes.gif
post #220 of 9059

Why would I use the street sweeper when I have awersome cars like the Phoenix? tongue.gif

post #221 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post

Why would I use the street sweeper when I have awersome cars like the Phoenix? tongue.gif
Just try the look mods, it's well worth your time! wink.gif
post #222 of 9059

I got Far Cry 3, and I really want to like this game, but I'm just not quite there. I find myself getting incredibly annoyed by the fact that I run out of ammo half way to my destination. At least in the beginning of the game, ammo is so scarce, and it doesn't help that it takes so many shots to kill anything.

post #223 of 9059
Just started SWTOR. Feels a lot more like single player to me. Not much interaction between players are needed. I'd rate a 8/10 based on my current experience.

So what keyboard is everyone using ? My Ducky Shine II with MX Browns just got here.
post #224 of 9059
I think you want the Video Games Discussion forum, it has a game rating thread and a gaming keyboard thread. smily_headphones1.gif
post #225 of 9059
Thread Starter 

I got the Bethesda new year collection for the wrong price...yes!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)