or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 133  

post #1981 of 9059
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

I refuse to buy anything OCZ, Thermaltake, Corsair, HIS, Razer, Gigabyte or MSI. 

 

I know it's all about luck, but if I have one defective product, I just don't buy anything from them again. tongue.gif

 

I kind of hate Dell too, because my monitor developed a fault 6 months outside warranty. Bad luck that the new Australian consumer laws weren't in place when I got the monitor, or else they'd still have to replace it even though its outside warranty.

 

I'm starting to despise Logitech now too, I always get the double-click problem with their mice, very annoying.

Not a very good way to gauge quality.

post #1982 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

I refuse to buy anything OCZ, Thermaltake, Corsair, HIS, Razer, Gigabyte or MSI. 

 

I know it's all about luck, but if I have one defective product, I just don't buy anything from them again. tongue.gif

 

I kind of hate Dell too, because my monitor developed a fault 6 months outside warranty. Bad luck that the new Australian consumer laws weren't in place when I got the monitor, or else they'd still have to replace it even though its outside warranty.

 

I'm starting to despise Logitech now too, I always get the double-click problem with their mice, very annoying.

Thermaltake and razer are on my list of "won't buy" not because of bad CS but because their products are just crappy. Gigabyte RMA turnaround in the UK is very fast, around two days so they're currently a favorite of mine whilst I'm yet to have any MSI product fail on me. EVGA are whitelisted for me due to their excellent warranty and rapid RMA. That and the fact they gave me two GTX670's in return for one and told me to keep the spare. biggrin.gif

post #1983 of 9059
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Not a very good way to gauge quality.

 

Oh great Panda-sama, bestow me with your wisdom.

 

Everything is just a coin toss when it comes to PC components, with very few exceptions like power supplies.

post #1984 of 9059
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Thermaltake and razer are on my list of "won't buy" not because of bad CS but because their products are just crappy. Gigabyte RMA turnaround in the UK is very fast, around two days so they're currently a favorite of mine whilst I'm yet to have any MSI product fail on me. EVGA are whitelisted for me due to their excellent warranty and rapid RMA. That and the fact they gave me two GTX670's in return for one and told me to keep the spare. biggrin.gif

 

Nice!

 

One month turnaround time from Gigabyte for me. Had a TOTL X58 mobo, and a 5850 die. frown.gif

 

Yeah, we get shafted here in Australia.

post #1985 of 9059
Razer and Thermaltake overall make cheap products (although some of their products are very solid and I have had a lot of use out of). With that said - Corsair is an incredible company, I have never had any problems with them, and I have probably ordered 50 different parts from them or more over the years. Even if I were to have one bad experience with them today - I would still think highly of them. The other company's mentioned such as OCZ are also company's I respect, maybe had one issue or two over a large span of time, but overall they seem to create great products.
post #1986 of 9059
Originally Posted by Rem1x View Post

Razer and Thermaltake overall make cheap products (although some of their products are very solid and I have had a lot of use out of). With that said - Corsair is an incredible company, I have never had any problems with them, and I have probably ordered 50 different parts from them or more over the years. Even if I were to have one bad experience with them today - I would still think highly of them. The other company's mentioned such as OCZ are also company's I respect, maybe had one issue or two over a large span of time, but overall they seem to create great products.

 

I think my luck has just been terrible, I've had dead Corsair RAM (3-4 sticks) and power supplies.

 

Don't even get me started on the early OCZ SSD's. tongue.gif

post #1987 of 9059

In what way is Razer products cheap? They are generally as expensive as they get :)

post #1988 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post

In what way is Razer products cheap? They are generally as expensive as they get :)

Build quality.

post #1989 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Build quality.

True. Odd thing is that they combine poorest build quality with highest prices?

post #1990 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

My old HTPC chip (Athlon X2 250) never got hot either.


I'd just blacklist gamefly. Companies get one mistake in my book. Just one, then they get blacklisted.

 

So far on my blacklist:

  • Overclockers.co.uk
  • Asus
  • Creative(actual creative products, not Fostex OEMs)
  • Microlab

Fok them. Fok them all.

+1 for Asus and Creative.

Everything I have ever purchased from ASUS has had serious flaws, including my Zenbook that I waited 3 weeks for RMA (just recently).  The Zenbook had its issues fixed but they introduced new problems!  Now I suffer a loose hinge, keyboard flex, and the ******* did not take the time to screw in the touchpad properly........

 

Lets add HP to the list shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I don't do that usually.

 

ASUS, OCN have all been pretty schiitty in terms of responces I get from them. ASUS USA support is quite terribad. And OCN is filled with non objectivists for the most part. HOWEVER. OCN does still have objectivists that have large followings for it. Good stuff there.

 

I'm pretty pissed right now at Gamefly for this.

Origin is the worst, purchased DLC content and never received it.  What's funny is that they won't give me the DLC, nor refund me my money.......

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

I refuse to buy anything OCZ, Thermaltake, Corsair, HIS, Razer, Gigabyte or MSI. 

 

I know it's all about luck, but if I have one defective product, I just don't buy anything from them again. tongue.gif

 

I kind of hate Dell too, because my monitor developed a fault 6 months outside warranty. Bad luck that the new Australian consumer laws weren't in place when I got the monitor, or else they'd still have to replace it even though its outside warranty.

 

I'm starting to despise Logitech now too, I always get the double-click problem with their mice, very annoying.

If you hate Gigabyte you're dead to me redface.gif

I buy components all the time, Gigabyte has never once failed on me..  Heck even my $25 budget gigabyte PSU is still kicking after 5 years, cannot say the same for my more expensive ones.

 

My all time top 10 list of horrible manfs (No particular order, but ASUS is the worst lol).

 

1 - ASUS             |        9/10 products I own from ASUS have major defects

2 - HP                  |        every HP product I own has ceased to work and needed to be replaced, except for my Palm Pre 3 / Touchpad (Technically HP lol)

3 - Thermaltake |        Their PSUs and Heatsinks are junk, I wouldn't even dare dabble into their other products.

4 - Razer             |         Poor quality products, flashy but very poor quality.  Good luck trying to dominate your enemy when you're trying to wrap your cord to fix the connection.

5 - Apple             |          Need I even explain?

7 - MSI                 |          ^

8 - Monster         |          ^

9 - ASrock           |          ^  And their customer support is trash too lol

10 - HIS               |          ^^  And I thought ASrock had bad customer support

post #1991 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post

True. Odd thing is that they combine poorest build quality with highest prices?

I paid $50 for my Sidewinder x4 and x5.  2 years and they still both perform without a hitch and feel very solid!  On hour one Razer Blackwidow Ultimate lost backlight in the V, B, N, and M keys!

 

Beats is to Razer as Razer is to Apple as Apple is to Expensive **** that teenagers buy........

post #1992 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post

+1 for Asus and Creative.

Everything I have ever purchased from ASUS has had serious flaws, including my Zenbook that I waited 3 weeks for RMA (just recently).  The Zenbook had its issues fixed but they introduced new problems!  Now I suffer a loose hinge, keyboard flex, and the ******* did not take the time to screw in the touchpad properly........

 

Lets add HP to the list shall we?

Origin is the worst, purchased DLC content and never received it.  What's funny is that they won't give me the DLC, nor refund me my money.......

 

If you hate Gigabyte you're dead to me redface.gif

I buy components all the time, Gigabyte has never once failed on me..  Heck even my $25 budget gigabyte PSU is still kicking after 5 years, cannot say the same for my more expensive ones.

 

My all time top 10 list of horrible manfs (No particular order, but ASUS is the worst lol).

 

1 - ASUS             |        9/10 products I own from ASUS have major defects

2 - HP                  |        every HP product I own has ceased to work and needed to be replaced, except for my Palm Pre 3 / Touchpad (Technically HP lol)

3 - Thermaltake |        Their PSUs and Heatsinks are junk, I wouldn't even dare dabble into their other products.

4 - Razer             |         Poor quality products, flashy but very poor quality.  Good luck trying to dominate your enemy when you're trying to wrap your cord to fix the connection.

5 - Apple             |          Need I even explain?

7 - MSI                 |          ^

8 - Monster         |          ^

9 - ASrock           |          ^  And their customer support is trash too lol

10 - HIS               |          ^^  And I thought ASrock had bad customer support

Nothing wrong with MSI. My MSI motherboard is going strong and I've pump pretty hefty voltages through it. Not sure about their low end kit, but their high end stuff is rock solid. Looks nice too.

 

HP are good for...laser printers. They make very good laser printers. Not as good as Xerox, but still great.

post #1993 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Nothing wrong with MSI. My MSI motherboard is going strong and I've pump pretty hefty voltages through it. Not sure about their low end kit, but their high end stuff is rock solid. Looks nice too.

 

HP are good for...laser printers. They make very good laser printers. Not as good as Xerox, but still great.

Yeah my laser printer died after running a few scans lol.  Had to go through 2 models before the third worked.  Pavilion DV6000 owner as well, just read the threads lol.

post #1994 of 9059
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post

If you hate Gigabyte you're dead to me redface.gif

I buy components all the time, Gigabyte has never once failed on me..  Heck even my $25 budget gigabyte PSU is still kicking after 5 years, cannot say the same for my more expensive ones.

 

Unfortunately, I haven't had the same luck as you. tongue.gif

 

There really needs to be a website showing detailed statistics about reliability and such for different PC components. But I think manufacturers won't be so keen on giving out data, not to mention the ensuing flame wars from fanboys that will inevitably happen.


Originally Posted by Yazen View Post

Beats is to Razer as Razer is to Apple as Apple is to Expensive **** that teenagers buy........

 

Apple build quality is usually very good though, I wouldn't touch their desktops but their notebooks are second to none.

post #1995 of 9059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazen View Post

Yeah my laser printer died after running a few scans lol.  Had to go through 2 models before the third worked.  Pavilion DV6000 owner as well, just read the threads lol.

Ahh, well I didn't have any problems with mine (Laserjet pro 400). I don't buy anything from the big box retailers that isn't business class since you get schiitier customer support and quality.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)