Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 13

post #181 of 6093
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I paid full price for most of my THQ games. Didn't really want to pay for them a second time around. They'll be getting my money for COH2 in any case.

I haven't played COH yet :/

 

I'll play it later. FC3 first :)

post #182 of 6093
Paid $7. Quite a few games I passed over or want to play again in there.
post #183 of 6093
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Paid $7. Quite a few games I passed over or want to play again in there.

Or replay in my case. I just rage quitted out of MEtro 2033 a few years back.

post #184 of 6093
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I haven't played COH yet :/

 

I'll play it later. FC3 first :)

 

Speaking of Far Cry 3, someone posted these benchmarks on another site I visit:

 

http://www.abload.de/img/far-cry-3-test-gpus-13ir6i.png

 

Looks pretty demanding. Hits just barely over 30FPS maxed out on the best video cards available...

post #185 of 6093
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post

 

Speaking of Far Cry 3, someone posted these benchmarks on another site I visit:

 

http://www.abload.de/img/far-cry-3-test-gpus-13ir6i.png

 

Looks pretty demanding. Hits just barely over 30FPS maxed out on the best video cards available...

I won't be maxing it out :) My card is comparable to that GTX460 right there so I guess medium or low settings for me.

post #186 of 6093

Apparently running in DX9 mode improves performance a lot, with a minimal quality hit. Also, updating drivers grants pretty big performance improvements.

post #187 of 6093
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post

Apparently running in DX9 mode improves performance a lot, with a minimal quality hit. Also, updating drivers grants pretty big performance improvements.

I heard that too but I am trying DX11 right now. right now I don't see any problems. I didn't see a medium, high, low or best setting. 

post #188 of 6093
Thread Starter 

Very stable running DX11 1080p with 5770 on High settings. 

post #189 of 6093

Why is my 670 just.. completely missing from that list? :x.

post #190 of 6093
Hey guys, I'd like some help overclocking. I purchased the Thermaltake Water 2.0 about 2 months ago, and a Hyper 212 EVO prior with intents of overclocking, but never got around to it. The CPU is a 3570k, and the Motherboard is a ASUS P8Z68 Pro/GEN3. I run a decent system with a 64 gig intel 330 SSD for boot, 1 TB Barracuda for games + programs, and a 3 TB Barracuda for music, documents, and movies. Graphics card is a GTX480 (Got it for $200 last summer!), the Liteon Ihas424b disk burner, 16 gigs of G.Skill Sniper RAM, a Rosewill WiFi card, a Titanium HD, and it's all packaged in a Red Antec Lanboy Air powered with a 750 Watt Corsair PSU.
Edited by gopanthersgo1 - 12/16/12 at 8:15pm
post #191 of 6093
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Hey guys, I'd like some help overclocking. I purchased the Thermaltake Water 2.0 about 2 months ago, and a Hyper 212 EVO prior with intents of overclocking, but never got around to it. The CPU is a 3570k, and the Motherboard is a ASUS P8Z68 Pro/GEN3. I run a decent system with a 64 gig intel 330 SSD for boot, 1 TB Barracuda for games + programs, and a 3 TB Barracuda for music, documents, and movies. Graphics card is a GTX480 (Got it for $200 last summer!), the Liteon Ihas424b disk burner, 16 gigs of G.Skill Sniper RAM, a Rosewill WiFi card, a Titanium HD, and it's all packaged in a Red Antec Lanboy Air.
There are many guides to intel oc online

But the main parts are to stop and not run other processes while doing it and monitor temp closely. Find a frequency or fsb and then set a higher vcore every time and move up and up. Find a freq you like? Prime 95 it
post #192 of 6093
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

There are many guides to intel oc online
But the main parts are to stop and not run other processes while doing it and monitor temp closely. Find a frequency or fsb and then set a higher vcore every time and move up and up. Find a freq you like? Prime 95 it
Ok, Yeah, in the BIOS, there is a thousand setting, never thought to use an on OS software for it, any recommendations?
post #193 of 6093

Sweet Jesus, Hawken is beautiful.

1000

1000

1000

 

It's also easy as hell to run. Running it on Ultra, and get a near-constant 60FPS. Really a shame Fraps doesn't work properly with it. When I take a screenshot there's like a 20 second freeze, so using it on non-tutorial levels is out of the question! (And 'print screen' doesn't work)


Edited by Kukuk - 12/17/12 at 6:09am
post #194 of 6093
Thread Starter 
That looks godly!
post #195 of 6093

No kidding, man. If someone were to tell me this was a PS4 or Xbox 3 game I'd be inclined to believe them.

 

Anyone know of a good screenshot utility that isn't Fraps? Don't need anything fancy like benchmarking or video recording.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)