Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) - Page 82

post #1216 of 6226
Thread Starter 

As you guys have shown that your Athlon 64's and Core 2 Duo's (I'm over exaggerating) are working fine with your 660 Ti's. I more or less will just keep my CPU then.

 

I'll wait for my new batch of RAM to show up and see if my mobo is beyond saving or if it's my fricking RAM. 

post #1217 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

As you guys have shown that your Athlon 64's and Core 2 Duo's (I'm over exaggerating) are working fine with your 660 Ti's. I more or less will just keep my CPU then.

 

I'll wait for my new batch of RAM to show up and see if my mobo is beyond saving or if it's my fricking RAM. 

I never asked before, but what's your setup?~

Ram, HDD, SSD, CPU, you know what i mean.

post #1218 of 6226
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0SLobos View Post

I never asked before, but what's your setup?~

Ram, HDD, SSD, CPU, you know what i mean.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 125W C3 Revision 3.4GHz Stock. (Early 2010 World Champion for highest OC)

RAM: 8GB (2X 4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3. (Didn't need Samsung wonder RAM, needed looks, and won't overclock)

Mobo: ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 (Very popular AM3 motherboard) 790GX Dragon Gaming Chipset, 8+1 Phase Power

PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular (80 Plus w/ 125mm Silent Fan)

GPU: HIS ATi 5770 (very good OC capabilities without any special modifications, low power draw(15W idle) and low heat)

HDD: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB

DVD: Lite on Blu Ray and DVD

Cooling: Corsair H50 AIO Liquid

Case: NZXT Nemesis Elite (Won an NZXT contest with it)

post #1219 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0SLobos View Post

So driver issues not such a big deal like in the past anymore?

 

AMD still has more micro stuttering than NVIDIA (in multi GPU stuff). A lot more. Although that's something most people don't worry about.


Edited by Parall3l - 3/4/13 at 5:48pm
post #1220 of 6226
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post

 

AMD still has more micro stuttering than NVIDIA (in multi GPU stuff). A lot more. Although that's something most people don't worry about.

First World 1% Problems.

post #1221 of 6226

On the subject of AMD versus Nvidia, I had always liked AMD/ATI cards because they were typically lower in power consumption and heat output on their mid range cards, and that was a big deal for me since my case was (and still is) poor at circulating air. I think that's kind of changed recently, and now Nvidia has the edge. Or, at least, the 650Ti I got has the edge compared to the AMD counterpart in it's price range (it's also not as powerful, though).

 

As far as drivers go, I never really had any big issues with AMD drivers. There was a point where I'd have problems because I didn't have the right (early) .net Framework installed, but I think that was more of an issue with Windows XP. I do like that Nvidia's drivers much lighter-weight, and that translates into my computer coming to a complete boot-up about 20 seconds faster. Also, the in-built custom resolution tool is very handy, and makes doing supersampling on Nvidia much easier.


Edited by Kukuk - 3/5/13 at 7:30am
post #1222 of 6226

Moar screens. This time modded Skyrim.

 

They look kind of crappy when viewed in full size, but I imagine they will look good in image viewer mode here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Naturally, it looks waaaaaaaay better in motion.


Edited by Kukuk - 3/5/13 at 9:37am
post #1223 of 6226

Did you guys see that Skyrim is getting patch 1.9? (which is in beta now)

 

It adds two really neat features: A higher difficulty, and the ability to reset skills, thus removing the level cap.

 

New difficulty is pretty brutal so far. There have been enemies that one-hit me, and I'm only a couple hours in, so I certainly don't expect it to get any easier!

 

EDIT: Also, more screens.


Edited by Kukuk - 3/5/13 at 2:15pm
post #1224 of 6226

In general, AMD/ATI often has better price/performance solutions than that of nVidia. However, in case of AMD/ATI, you have to live in together with drivers' bug/fixes of Catalyst than with nVidia Forceware. Moreover, recently, AMD/ATI 7xxx series show a better ability of overclocking and less power consumption than nVidia (same products range). The debate between the two producers will last forever and ever, I think so.

post #1225 of 6226
AMD drivers for single cards are great. It's only with the dual GPU or fire solutions they lose ground to nvidia.
post #1226 of 6226

Tried to play Skyrim. Completely broken. Gets as far as loading the skryim logo, but CTDs before the menu loads. This is even after a fresh install, steam verification and all mods off. Damn it Bethesda, why can't you bug check your games!

post #1227 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Tried to play Skyrim. Completely broken. Gets as far as loading the skryim logo, but CTDs before the menu loads. This is even after a fresh install, steam verification and all mods off. Damn it Bethesda, why can't you bug check your games!

 

Makes me iffy to buy it for spring break. My illegal version of DmC and illegal vergil's downfall won't work properly. Maybe I'll just finish witcher 2 over break. But ehh I can't get back into rpgs after I quit for a little bit, if I did get back into witcher 2 I'd probably have to start from the beginning and I cbf. I don't even know what to play. I started arkham city but that didn't really catch my interest. Bah. Why I have my rig if I can't find any games I want to play ToT. 

post #1228 of 6226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

Makes me iffy to buy it for spring break. My illegal version of DmC and illegal vergil's downfall won't work properly. Maybe I'll just finish witcher 2 over break. But ehh I can't get back into rpgs after I quit for a little bit, if I did get back into witcher 2 I'd probably have to start from the beginning and I cbf. I don't even know what to play. I started arkham city but that didn't really catch my interest. Bah. Why I have my rig if I can't find any games I want to play ToT. 

Just play something brainless and fun like Sniper Elite V2. 

post #1229 of 6226

DmC was fun and brainless. Actually I want DmC4 now... DmC 3 was probably the best but I already played that to death. 

post #1230 of 6226

Hmm going to pick up the demo for kingdoms of amalur and see how that is. Always wanted to play that game. If worse comes to worse I'll just buy torchlight 2 and burn like 30 hours on that.

 

Edit: actually leggo illegal version of dishonored.


Edited by 28980 - 3/7/13 at 11:54am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)