- 785 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 49post #721 of 300211/16/12 at 6:23pmI have regular interaction with Sennheiser and was able to preview the Momentum prototype as well as final production samples. They are NOT metal ear cups. They are plastic. At one point, I even asked them why they did not decide to go with aluminum ear cups. While I will not share their response, suffice it to say, they are indeed NOT metal of any kind.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 300211/17/12 at 1:25amI think, the Sennheiser Rep. simply got them mixed up with the Amperior... I own a pair of the Momentum and would be very surprised if the cups were aluminium.
Besides that Sennheiser boasts about the leather used in the headband and cups, but Dose Not mention the material of the cups themselves. With the Amperior they do...post #723 of 300211/17/12 at 2:09amQuote:
Thanks, sounds good I've been looking for something to side with my ESW10JPN, since they got no islolation at all and to be honest after 30 mins~ their not that comfy any more, the pads are great by the clamping force is just to much.Quote:Originally Posted by garysan
I did the proper acid-test with my Momentums - McDonalds @ Notting Hill Gate at lunchtime on a Saturday. They passed :)
And just to fan the flames of the people saying they are bass-heavy, boomy, etc. They're not. Not at all - at least not for a closed can. I think that some folk have been listening to brand new units and not allowing them any run-in time. It does make a difference and allows them to really sing - perhaps over 10 hrs or so of use.
Thats great, I've been looking for something to use during 10hour flights~, I've been trying to use diffrent IEM's couse they allow you to fall asleep in a few more angles, but they become rather painfull after a long flight.post #724 of 300211/17/12 at 2:33amQuote:Originally Posted by danne
Thanks, sounds good I've been looking for something to side with my ESW10JPN, since they got no islolation at all and to be honest after 30 mins~ their not that comfy any more, the pads are great by the clamping force is just to much.
Thats great, I've been looking for something to use during 10hour flights~, I've been trying to use diffrent IEM's couse they allow you to fall asleep in a few more angles, but they become rather painfull after a long flight.
Regarding comfort, I agree with you on the ESW10JPN. The ESW11LTD is better than the ESW10JPN since it is larger but for me the Momentum totally trashes it too. Wearing custom iem for long hours just doesn't make me feel good. I don't like to have things stuffed in my ears for long hours. The soft-tip of the Westone 5 is as comfortable as it could get for a custom.
Regarding the Momentum, gathering from a mixed responses here, it could be either circumaural or supraaural depending on the size of your ears and thus, the degree of comfort as well as the resulting sound quality may differ greatly. Those who finds it comfortable also tend to praise its great SQ. Those who finds it uncomfortable tend to also complain about its poor SQ. I guess we could infer that there is a strong correlation and it could either work (or does not work) for you.
Edited by uelover - 11/17/12 at 5:07ampost #725 of 300211/17/12 at 3:30am
to support this statement above,
i notice with the HD202 which i have (which is similar in shape in a number of ways) is that if i wear it around the ear the bass is less boomy and the trebles are more prominent where else if i wear it on ear (like my mom does) i find the treble has greatly reduced and the bass becomes really quite boomy and the sound of the treble becomes rather tinny too
this is probably why some people complain that the Momentum is boomy and harsh while others state that has really well controlled bass and smooth highs
Edited by streetdragon - 11/17/12 at 3:33ampost #726 of 300211/17/12 at 4:47am
Very interesting observation... maybe the inner parts of the cushions made of cloth might have something to do with that. I wear them on-ear (simply due to the size of the cups not fitting around my ears) and consider them a bit too bassy.post #727 of 300211/17/12 at 9:27ampost #728 of 300211/18/12 at 2:21ampost #729 of 300211/18/12 at 8:14ampost #730 of 300211/18/12 at 1:59pmpost #731 of 300211/18/12 at 2:04pmpost #732 of 300211/18/12 at 6:19pmpost #733 of 300211/18/12 at 6:40pm
I believe my colleague indeed got the MOMENTUM mixed up with the Amperior. The ear cups of the MOMENTUM are made of premium plastic reinforced with glass fiber.
Apologies for any confusion this may have caused.Quote:Originally Posted by plakat
I think, the Sennheiser Rep. simply got them mixed up with the Amperior... I own a pair of the Momentum and would be very surprised if the cups were aluminium.
Besides that Sennheiser boasts about the leather used in the headband and cups, but Dose Not mention the material of the cups themselves. With the Amperior they do...post #734 of 300211/18/12 at 7:46pm
Interested in Momentum rather than Amperior
Does MOMENTUM's sound resembles HD202 but in premium quality?
The exterior and size looked almost same the size & design.
From the descriptions, seems near HD202 charcteristics.
waiting for inputpost #735 of 300211/19/12 at 4:07amQuote:
I would say that they do sound fairly similar, with the Momentums performing better in every way, especially the smoother bass.
This is to say, the sound signature is similar, but the quality is miles apart.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › WTB: I need a stock HD800 cable! 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for decent cans under $300(help wanted) 3 minutes ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob