- 715 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 49post #721 of 275911/16/12 at 6:23pmI have regular interaction with Sennheiser and was able to preview the Momentum prototype as well as final production samples. They are NOT metal ear cups. They are plastic. At one point, I even asked them why they did not decide to go with aluminum ear cups. While I will not share their response, suffice it to say, they are indeed NOT metal of any kind.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 275911/17/12 at 1:25amI think, the Sennheiser Rep. simply got them mixed up with the Amperior... I own a pair of the Momentum and would be very surprised if the cups were aluminium.
Besides that Sennheiser boasts about the leather used in the headband and cups, but Dose Not mention the material of the cups themselves. With the Amperior they do...post #723 of 275911/17/12 at 2:09amQuote:
Thanks, sounds good I've been looking for something to side with my ESW10JPN, since they got no islolation at all and to be honest after 30 mins~ their not that comfy any more, the pads are great by the clamping force is just to much.Quote:Originally Posted by garysan
I did the proper acid-test with my Momentums - McDonalds @ Notting Hill Gate at lunchtime on a Saturday. They passed :)
And just to fan the flames of the people saying they are bass-heavy, boomy, etc. They're not. Not at all - at least not for a closed can. I think that some folk have been listening to brand new units and not allowing them any run-in time. It does make a difference and allows them to really sing - perhaps over 10 hrs or so of use.
Thats great, I've been looking for something to use during 10hour flights~, I've been trying to use diffrent IEM's couse they allow you to fall asleep in a few more angles, but they become rather painfull after a long flight.post #724 of 275911/17/12 at 2:33amQuote:Originally Posted by danne
Thanks, sounds good I've been looking for something to side with my ESW10JPN, since they got no islolation at all and to be honest after 30 mins~ their not that comfy any more, the pads are great by the clamping force is just to much.
Thats great, I've been looking for something to use during 10hour flights~, I've been trying to use diffrent IEM's couse they allow you to fall asleep in a few more angles, but they become rather painfull after a long flight.
Regarding comfort, I agree with you on the ESW10JPN. The ESW11LTD is better than the ESW10JPN since it is larger but for me the Momentum totally trashes it too. Wearing custom iem for long hours just doesn't make me feel good. I don't like to have things stuffed in my ears for long hours. The soft-tip of the Westone 5 is as comfortable as it could get for a custom.
Regarding the Momentum, gathering from a mixed responses here, it could be either circumaural or supraaural depending on the size of your ears and thus, the degree of comfort as well as the resulting sound quality may differ greatly. Those who finds it comfortable also tend to praise its great SQ. Those who finds it uncomfortable tend to also complain about its poor SQ. I guess we could infer that there is a strong correlation and it could either work (or does not work) for you.
Edited by uelover - 11/17/12 at 5:07ampost #725 of 275911/17/12 at 3:30am
to support this statement above,
i notice with the HD202 which i have (which is similar in shape in a number of ways) is that if i wear it around the ear the bass is less boomy and the trebles are more prominent where else if i wear it on ear (like my mom does) i find the treble has greatly reduced and the bass becomes really quite boomy and the sound of the treble becomes rather tinny too
this is probably why some people complain that the Momentum is boomy and harsh while others state that has really well controlled bass and smooth highs
Edited by streetdragon - 11/17/12 at 3:33ampost #726 of 275911/17/12 at 4:47am
Very interesting observation... maybe the inner parts of the cushions made of cloth might have something to do with that. I wear them on-ear (simply due to the size of the cups not fitting around my ears) and consider them a bit too bassy.post #727 of 275911/17/12 at 9:27ampost #728 of 275911/18/12 at 2:21ampost #729 of 275911/18/12 at 8:14ampost #730 of 275911/18/12 at 1:59pmpost #731 of 275911/18/12 at 2:04pmpost #732 of 275911/18/12 at 6:19pmpost #733 of 275911/18/12 at 6:40pm
I believe my colleague indeed got the MOMENTUM mixed up with the Amperior. The ear cups of the MOMENTUM are made of premium plastic reinforced with glass fiber.
Apologies for any confusion this may have caused.Quote:Originally Posted by plakat
I think, the Sennheiser Rep. simply got them mixed up with the Amperior... I own a pair of the Momentum and would be very surprised if the cups were aluminium.
Besides that Sennheiser boasts about the leather used in the headband and cups, but Dose Not mention the material of the cups themselves. With the Amperior they do...post #734 of 275911/18/12 at 7:46pm
Interested in Momentum rather than Amperior
Does MOMENTUM's sound resembles HD202 but in premium quality?
The exterior and size looked almost same the size & design.
From the descriptions, seems near HD202 charcteristics.
waiting for inputpost #735 of 275911/19/12 at 4:07amQuote:
I would say that they do sound fairly similar, with the Momentums performing better in every way, especially the smoother bass.
This is to say, the sound signature is similar, but the quality is miles apart.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › STUDIO HEADPHONES! PLEASE HELP 37 seconds ago
- › FS: Shure SRH1540 1 minute ago
- › Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! 1 minute ago
- › Stereo or 5.1 Surround Sound - Home Theater 1 minute ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 3 minutes ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--application 20-26 December 2013 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe