- 4,911 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 48post #706 of 272611/16/12 at 11:30amLet us know what you find out from Sennheiser UK.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 272611/16/12 at 12:06pmThey are definitely plastic not aluminium.
These are very built headphones, HD25's are indestructible despite being plastic and these are more solid still. Headband can get bent out of shape ....under pressure that would break other headbands, but you can get it back into shape since it's metal.post #708 of 272611/16/12 at 12:32pm
And you know this... how? Have you disassembled the headphone? So far the response from Sennheiser is that they're aluminum. We're currently waiting for more information.post #709 of 272611/16/12 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lourdes
They are definitely plastic not aluminium.
These are very built headphones, HD25's are indestructible despite being plastic and these are more solid still. Headband can get bent out of shape ....under pressure that would break other headbands, but you can get it back into shape since it's metal.
Please supply us with evidence if you can.post #710 of 272611/16/12 at 12:55pm
Great to know that they are aluminium. Im still torn between this and the m100s. I love the looks of this but i like good bass as well. How does the momentums sound with amps ? Does amps help give the momentum PRAT ?? I have the fiio e11, do you think that would give enough bass boost n PRAT for pop n hip hop and then enjoying the rest of the different types of music with the bass boost switched off ? Anyhow does the iphone remote work with any android phone at least to just answer and pause ?
Edited by Jerryberry - 11/16/12 at 1:01pmpost #711 of 272611/16/12 at 1:25pmLOL evidence? I own the headphones, the cups are made from plastic.
Or is this some new form of aluminium that feels and sounds like plastic and doesn't get cold like normal aluminium.post #712 of 272611/16/12 at 1:35pmI own them as well. LOL. They could very well be aluminum coated in some other material. Then again, the Sennheiser rep and Amazon could both be wrong.post #713 of 272611/16/12 at 1:46pmQuote:Unfortunately this isn't a laughing matter.Have you opened up the headphones and examined the entire cup inside? I also own it, and I also believe it to be plastic, but I would like to be proven wrong - it's just when Amazon and Sennheiser both say it's a "metal ear cup" you have to think twice, because they can't just lie about the materials as that is a massive breach of trading standards.Imagine a climbing carabiner being sold as 'aluminium', but in fact it's made of plastic?I doubt it's something anyone could take them to court over, but it's easily grounds for a full refund no matter how long the item was owned or the returning condition. If it is plastic, Sennheiser are liars, and they'll lose customer trust.post #714 of 272611/16/12 at 1:51pm
It would be quite an embarrassment if Sennheiser provides false and misleading information about their products.
I personally think they could be aluminium ear cups with a thick coating giving the impression they are plastic.
I think another confirmation from Sennheiser is sorely needed here to end the confusion about the earcups once and for all.
Edited by Z3disD3ad - 11/16/12 at 1:56pmpost #715 of 272611/16/12 at 1:55pmI've just scraped away at part of one cup and have yet to hit any metal, I'm not going further as I need to return these. If there was any aluminium it's thickly coated with plastic which makes you wonder why they'd use it as it's only a selling point and desirable when the metal is exposed.post #716 of 272611/16/12 at 1:57pmpost #717 of 272611/16/12 at 3:11pmHaven't been on a long flight, but a same day return train journey of seven hours and they were pretty comfy as well as giving decent isolation. Better than my previous noise cancellation Bose.post #718 of 272611/16/12 at 3:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lourdes
I've just scraped away at part of one cup and have yet to hit any metal, I'm not going further as I need to return these. If there was any aluminium it's thickly coated with plastic which makes you wonder why they'd use it as it's only a selling point and desirable when the metal is exposed.
Well exactly, I really can't see Sennheiser lying about this, there's no point. That isn't to say that someone hasn't made a mistake in the detailing of specs. Deliberately misleading people, I doubt it.post #719 of 272611/16/12 at 3:35pmQuote:
I did the proper acid-test with my Momentums - McDonalds @ Notting Hill Gate at lunchtime on a Saturday. They passed :)
And just to fan the flames of the people saying they are bass-heavy, boomy, etc. They're not. Not at all - at least not for a closed can. I think that some folk have been listening to brand new units and not allowing them any run-in time. It does make a difference and allows them to really sing - perhaps over 10 hrs or so of use.post #720 of 272611/16/12 at 4:04pm
I'm also surprised by the few comments here and there about boomy bass. I've had headphones with boomy bass - D5000, GS1000 - and the Momentum are not boomy or loose. bass is solid, textured and extends well.
The treble and upper mids are shelved a good deal but, even then, they're clear and quick with good separation around instruments for a small, closed can. I wonder if the weird not-quite-around-ear-possibly-on-ear design is causing people to put them on with the drivers too close to the ear or directed at the back of the ear, possibly causing a more exaggerated bass.I dunno.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 24 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 49 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Nov 4th 2013 and feature poll... 50 seconds ago
- › brand new he6 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › **FS Schiit LYR plus Orange Globes** MINTY 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe