- 4,912 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I use them continuously: during the commuting in the subway, on the plane, at home and in the office for my conference calls. I was expecting much lower musical quality from a BT can, but actually...
I spend my working days far from home and I was looking for something compact with two specific characteristics: keep the same feeling that I have when I listen to the Sennheiser HD650 driven by...
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 48post #706 of 300211/16/12 at 11:30amLet us know what you find out from Sennheiser UK.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 300211/16/12 at 12:06pmThey are definitely plastic not aluminium.
These are very built headphones, HD25's are indestructible despite being plastic and these are more solid still. Headband can get bent out of shape ....under pressure that would break other headbands, but you can get it back into shape since it's metal.post #708 of 300211/16/12 at 12:32pm
And you know this... how? Have you disassembled the headphone? So far the response from Sennheiser is that they're aluminum. We're currently waiting for more information.post #709 of 300211/16/12 at 12:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lourdes
They are definitely plastic not aluminium.
These are very built headphones, HD25's are indestructible despite being plastic and these are more solid still. Headband can get bent out of shape ....under pressure that would break other headbands, but you can get it back into shape since it's metal.
Please supply us with evidence if you can.post #710 of 300211/16/12 at 12:55pm
Great to know that they are aluminium. Im still torn between this and the m100s. I love the looks of this but i like good bass as well. How does the momentums sound with amps ? Does amps help give the momentum PRAT ?? I have the fiio e11, do you think that would give enough bass boost n PRAT for pop n hip hop and then enjoying the rest of the different types of music with the bass boost switched off ? Anyhow does the iphone remote work with any android phone at least to just answer and pause ?
Edited by Jerryberry - 11/16/12 at 1:01pmpost #711 of 300211/16/12 at 1:25pmLOL evidence? I own the headphones, the cups are made from plastic.
Or is this some new form of aluminium that feels and sounds like plastic and doesn't get cold like normal aluminium.post #712 of 300211/16/12 at 1:35pmI own them as well. LOL. They could very well be aluminum coated in some other material. Then again, the Sennheiser rep and Amazon could both be wrong.post #713 of 300211/16/12 at 1:46pmQuote:Unfortunately this isn't a laughing matter.Have you opened up the headphones and examined the entire cup inside? I also own it, and I also believe it to be plastic, but I would like to be proven wrong - it's just when Amazon and Sennheiser both say it's a "metal ear cup" you have to think twice, because they can't just lie about the materials as that is a massive breach of trading standards.Imagine a climbing carabiner being sold as 'aluminium', but in fact it's made of plastic?I doubt it's something anyone could take them to court over, but it's easily grounds for a full refund no matter how long the item was owned or the returning condition. If it is plastic, Sennheiser are liars, and they'll lose customer trust.post #714 of 300211/16/12 at 1:51pm
It would be quite an embarrassment if Sennheiser provides false and misleading information about their products.
I personally think they could be aluminium ear cups with a thick coating giving the impression they are plastic.
I think another confirmation from Sennheiser is sorely needed here to end the confusion about the earcups once and for all.
Edited by Z3disD3ad - 11/16/12 at 1:56pmpost #715 of 300211/16/12 at 1:55pmI've just scraped away at part of one cup and have yet to hit any metal, I'm not going further as I need to return these. If there was any aluminium it's thickly coated with plastic which makes you wonder why they'd use it as it's only a selling point and desirable when the metal is exposed.post #716 of 300211/16/12 at 1:57pmpost #717 of 300211/16/12 at 3:11pmHaven't been on a long flight, but a same day return train journey of seven hours and they were pretty comfy as well as giving decent isolation. Better than my previous noise cancellation Bose.post #718 of 300211/16/12 at 3:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lourdes
I've just scraped away at part of one cup and have yet to hit any metal, I'm not going further as I need to return these. If there was any aluminium it's thickly coated with plastic which makes you wonder why they'd use it as it's only a selling point and desirable when the metal is exposed.
Well exactly, I really can't see Sennheiser lying about this, there's no point. That isn't to say that someone hasn't made a mistake in the detailing of specs. Deliberately misleading people, I doubt it.post #719 of 300211/16/12 at 3:35pmQuote:
I did the proper acid-test with my Momentums - McDonalds @ Notting Hill Gate at lunchtime on a Saturday. They passed :)
And just to fan the flames of the people saying they are bass-heavy, boomy, etc. They're not. Not at all - at least not for a closed can. I think that some folk have been listening to brand new units and not allowing them any run-in time. It does make a difference and allows them to really sing - perhaps over 10 hrs or so of use.post #720 of 300211/16/12 at 4:04pm
I'm also surprised by the few comments here and there about boomy bass. I've had headphones with boomy bass - D5000, GS1000 - and the Momentum are not boomy or loose. bass is solid, textured and extends well.
The treble and upper mids are shelved a good deal but, even then, they're clear and quick with good separation around instruments for a small, closed can. I wonder if the weird not-quite-around-ear-possibly-on-ear design is causing people to put them on with the drivers too close to the ear or directed at the back of the ear, possibly causing a more exaggerated bass.I dunno.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Why have more than a few pairs of headphones? 16 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 32 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 1 minute ago
- › Topping TP-32 TP32 Digital Any good? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD600/650 vs HiFiMan HE400 2 minutes ago
- › IEMs that are most similar to B&W P7 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [Multi-Review] Hifiman HM901, Fiio X5, Sony ZX1, Hisound Studio 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › iFi iDAC DAC / headphone Amplifier by Faber65
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob