Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 215

post #3211 of 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal1950 View Post
 

Please folks I'm about to puke reading all these posts on the trama over what color to get, the style, will they go with the color of my pants, misplaced sewing etc, etc, etc.

Can we please get back to discussing sound quality, tech issues, etc. This isn't GQ or some chicks fashion magazine.

*troll-mode activate*

No. :mad:

post #3212 of 3219

Has anyone actually tried those with hi-end gear? I wonder how they'd compare when facing HD800, for example... I know they're up a completely different alley and all, but curiosity tickles me.
 

post #3213 of 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I think there's been a recent price reduction, check it out, ah the temptation.

your are correct! 

 

There's been a price reduction of $50 in Australia for all there ipod touch range. 

 

16gb: A$249

32gb: A$299

64gb: A$349

 

I ended up purchasing a 5th gen iPod Touch 32gb in space grey on Ebay for a winning bid of $214 (including postage). The seller bought it as a impulse buy and he/she has only opened it to check whether it works (like it wouldn't lol)  but he/she hasn't even used any of the accessories so as far as I know  it's essentially brand new :)

 

I also bought a pair of Yamaha HPH-MT220's on catchoftheday.com.au for $117 :) so I saved around $118 on not buying the Sennheiser momentum's and instead going for the MT220's and I putting the rest towards the ipod touch. instead :)


Edited by Fluffy Muffinz - 7/26/14 at 12:10am
post #3214 of 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by koshtramba View Post
 

Has anyone actually tried those with hi-end gear? I wonder how they'd compare when facing HD800, for example... I know they're up a completely different alley and all, but curiosity tickles me.
 

I find it easily makes a good outdoor counterpart to my indoor-only HE-500. 

Sure, it doesn't have the same air, soundstage and fine details... well... they're entirely different sound signatures and presentations, but when I'm on the move I'm never in an environment where I'm truly listening to the music... mostly just hearing it; but I'm never left wanting for more. 

Only if it's a super-dull recording I might want a bit more treble, but I would usually consider these 'bad' recordings because they sound fairly dull on other headphones too, but this is also subjective.

post #3215 of 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

I find it easily makes a good outdoor counterpart to my indoor-only HE-500. 

Sure, it doesn't have the same air, soundstage and fine details... well... they're entirely different sound signatures and presentations, but when I'm on the move I'm never in an environment where I'm truly listening to the music... mostly just hearing it; but I'm never left wanting for more. 

Only if it's a super-dull recording I might want a bit more treble, but I would usually consider these 'bad' recordings because they sound fairly dull on other headphones too, but this is also subjective.

I found these headphones to be lacking clarity on neutral to slightly dull recordings.

 

They have amazing clarity however on brighter recordings.

post #3216 of 3219

When you say "lacking clarity" you make it sound like the detail is missing. I never feel these lack clarity, only some treble volume, sometimes.

post #3217 of 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

When you say "lacking clarity" you make it sound like the detail is missing. I never feel these lack clarity, only some treble volume, sometimes.

Not the detail, the treble volume indeed, which makes them sound slightly dull quite often.

post #3218 of 3219

I suppose this is greatly dependent on the music one has and listens to. 

In my quest for portable-closed back headphones, one of my biggest obstacles was peaky treble in too much of my music (which is mostly a variety of rock, although I do listen to whole bunch of other genres too) and the Momentum just solved this problem.

post #3219 of 3219
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

I suppose this is greatly dependent on the music one has and listens to. 

In my quest for portable-closed back headphones, one of my biggest obstacles was peaky treble in too much of my music (which is mostly a variety of rock, although I do listen to whole bunch of other genres too) and the Momentum just solved this problem.

Yeah, the Momentums are awesome for treble happy songs.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review