Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 193

post #2881 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

The on ear has terrible isolation so in a noisy environment the extra bass will probably not make a difference. I tried them in a noisey store. I didn't care much for their sound, IMO too much bass, not enough mids and the treble had a ramped up response. I'm not a fan of either a V or U shaped FR. Some call that fun, not me. I don't care of what that does to vocals or the sound of cymbals, etc. If only the bass was pushed up a tad, that would be better for my tastes. I like extra bass but not when the rest of the FR is messed with.

 

i haven't seen a pair up here in canada ( but i heard that isolation is subpar), so even that extra bass wouldn't really do much i would think.

 

maybe their really meant to be used while walking around a decently busy street (rather than heavy commuting, trains/planes/subway).

 

plus their target population isn't really "audiophiles" per say, it seems like sennheiser is trying to take a bite out of beat's market. (which is to be expected that probably 8/10 people that use earphones/ headphones are either apple or beats in the general public 

 

but that said i see people using earpods on subways... i dunno how they do that... i've never done that.... but i did use some of those sony fontopia earbuds in high school so i know the lack of isolation

 

 

sorry went off track there 

post #2882 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasun View Post


He's comparing the over-ear vs the on-ear, essentially...not the colors.

oh haha my mistake thanks for clearing that up... i dunno how i saw that the way i did sorry

post #2883 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Reverse the headphones to make sure it isn't your hearing. No joke, I have a friend that wasn't aware of having earwax in one ear that was affecting his hearing. A quick trip to the doctor and he was back in business. Not likely, but worth a quick flip of the headphones.

I know the amp i've been using has a louder left side, cause it both affected the alessandro and sennheiser when I flipped it around. Had to boost the right side by 3 db to compensate for the difference. Luckily it wasn't my hearing that has gone bad.:blink:

post #2884 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post
 

I know the amp i've been using has a louder left side, cause it both affected the alessandro and sennheiser when I flipped it around. Had to boost the right side by 3 db to compensate for the difference. Luckily it wasn't my hearing that has gone bad.:blink:

Is it the Bravo Ocean that's unbalanced? What do you think of the Ocean?

post #2885 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Is it the Bravo Ocean that's unbalanced? What do you think of the Ocean?

Yeah it's unbalanced oddly. When i plugged it in directly to the Xduoo it sounds fine.

post #2886 of 3376

With my DACport LX and my Duet, I find them almost perfect for a non-fatuiging listen. Keeping the warm yet clear midrange, the bass is significantly tighter and hitting even harder. Overall the sound is more articulate and detailed (as if an improvement wasn't expected) than the Momentum directly from my iPhone.

post #2887 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

interesting findings! did anyone notice any AUDIBLE  differences between the original brown and the black ones?? 

i'm really digging the black ones, cause of the matte finish looks amazing and looks like it would feel amazing (never actually tried it but i did try the brown,it has a sort of a glossier/metallic sheen to it) and i find the black ones easier to accessorizes with my clothes. plus the striking red cables and sticking is quite nice

the brown is very classy! a bit to classy for me, but its definitely a breath of fresh air compare to all the other black blobs (headphones out there), i'm more of a youthful dresser, and i'm relatively young (21) so id rather say youthful as long as i can =) hahaha

but it seems like everyone on these forums have the original brown ones unless otherwise stated, correct me if i'm wrong 

I just agree with you. I like the black one better. However, Now the Ivory one is released, Maybe I will have a try on it.
post #2888 of 3376

Has anybody noticed that the cable with the inline control is a lot quieter and softer than the normal cable?

I just tested by playing the same song with same volume and the one with the control was noticeably quieter...is that normal?

post #2889 of 3376

Anyone have any tips to improve comfort? these hurt my ears so much. Whatever Quality control guy approved these must of got fired because the size of the "Over-Ear" editions, are fairly not over ear. I have a small head with kinda small ears imo. so these earcups are just why? Not trying to stereotype or anything but don't germans usually have more developed and larger ears than the common american?

 

But anyway, they sound too liking to replace em with other cans before trying to improve comfort. Any recommendations?


Edited by Shoulon - 1/29/14 at 12:10am
post #2890 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by samk0814 View Post

Has anybody noticed that the cable with the inline control is a lot quieter and softer than the normal cable?
I just tested by playing the same song with same volume and the one with the control was noticeably quieter...is that normal?

The inline control probably increased the overall resistance of the cable and thus requires slightly more volume on your device/amp
post #2891 of 3376
[quote name="Shoulon" url="/t/627587/sennheiser-momentum-review/2880#post_1021Anyone have any tips to improve comfort? these hurt my ears so much. Whatever Quality control guy approved these must of got fired because the size of the "Over-Ear" editions, are fairly not over ear. I have a small head with kinda small ears imo. so these earcups are just why? Not trying to stereotype or anything but don't germans usually have more developed and larger ears than the common american?

But anyway, they sound too liking to replace em with other cans before trying to improve comfort. Any recommendations?
[/quote]

Give them time. Mine were the same out of the box, a few weeks later they became the most comfy headphones I have ever had.
post #2892 of 3376
I'm thinking of getting these to replace my se535s. I'm concerned about isolation . How well do these isolate? I will be using them for out and about (long dog walks mainly) and for travel. I know they won't isolate as well as the shures buy once music is playing do they do a good enough job?
post #2893 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-uk View Post

I'm thinking of getting these to replace my se535s. I'm concerned about isolation . How well do these isolate? I will be using them for out and about (long dog walks mainly) and for travel. I know they won't isolate as well as the shures buy once music is playing do they do a good enough job?

 

When music is on they isolate quite well. I was on an aeroplane and hardly heard any background noice whilst listening to music on moderate volume levels. Well enough actually, that my fiancee has apparently been yelling at me from the next room for the past 15 minutes and I haven't noticed anything. :evil: 

post #2894 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojokkeli View Post

When music is on they isolate quite well. I was on an aeroplane and hardly heard any background noice whilst listening to music on moderate volume levels. Well enough actually, that my fiancee has apparently been yelling at me from the next room for the past 15 minutes and I haven't noticed anything. evil_smiley.gif  
Thanks for the response, if they block out noise on Plane that's good enough for me.
post #2895 of 3376

How is the quality of the cable? Since its kind of custom made, where you have to turn it in, you cant just use any cable you want. Does it break easily? Im thinking of the cable with remote and mic on it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review