- 52 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Calgary
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 163
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Soundstage wise, I think many people have complain of the lack of space in this headphone. it feels congested, I completely agree, But I think they intend to make the listener feel to be there with the performer. As a Musician, this headphone sounds exactly as how I perform with other people on-stage unlike other headphones that gives you the feeling of 20th row seat, or at the further back of the concert hall. Afterall, it's a personal preference. But I do like this headphone a lot. The only complain is the highs that is so recessed.
They're the same headphone.
This was a bit of a disappointment. The Momentum seemed so perfect on paper: Good looks, quality materials, great sound, isolation and an affordable price tag. But they are so small! I'm 6'3, with medium ears, and they can barely fit inside the cups.
I have been reading some reviews on them, and they have been mixed, like this one: "The build of the headphones is typically Sony, feels very good, but it is plastic." So not on par with the Momentums, as far as I can tell.
If you have a unfixed budget in mind, take a look at the Bang & Olufsen H6 - but the bass is a little light for some people - I found it an extremely good listen, quite neutral and good detail/texture.
To put this in context, I own the Momentum because I have small ears.
Also wait a few days and try to find the Bowers & Wilkins P7 for audition - should be a lot better than the previous P5 and P3.... but so far only on paper.
It does not sound as good as the momentums either. Probably a notch down in terms of refinement.
sorry for the double post but does sennheiser sells replacement earpads?
i'm eyeing the black one the red and black looks amazing
if a white come comes out with orange innerlinnings that would be sweet!
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 19 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 28 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 45 seconds ago
- › Tralucent 1Plus2 2.0 w/ gold+silver cable 58 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 59 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Giveaway: Sennheiser HD700 and Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies DAC/amp 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by twister6
- › Meridian Explorer by dnun8086
- › Audio Technica ATH-WS55i Portable Headphones with Microphone for... by oThatsEric
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3