Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 153

post #2281 of 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

I think the Momentums sound much better with an amp.

 

Straight out of my iPad and my iPhone5 the bass is just a little bloated.  When I hook them up to the Yulong D100 or my Fiio E7 the bass is tighter and...err...just better.

 

The DT1350s sound just as good with or without an amp.   

 

I'm happy with the purchase.   I can understand why this is one of Tyll's favorite headphones.

 

I can definitely see that. I have my iPhone 4s volume cranked to the max so the sound can be where I like it, if I mess with the equalizer at all it's quieter than I want it. I've just been avoiding sinking money into a portable amp because there are other things I need my money for right now.

post #2282 of 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzam6999 View Post
 I've just been avoiding sinking money into a portable amp because there are other things I need my money for right now.

 

Like more headphones, right?  tongue.gif
 

post #2283 of 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

 

Like more headphones, right?  tongue.gif
 

 

Well.... yeah. I'm trying to get a pair of m100s. Mostly though it's just hard to justify buying a second headphone amp when I have such a nice one at home already. I really like the sound of the Momentums without an amp, I can hear where there could be improvement though. 

post #2284 of 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Considering the on-ear version isn't available yet, I doubt the replacement pads are.  Out of curiosity, what would you use them for?

Office:) I have the brown ones, and I found them quite comfy and better bass if I wear them on ear, but unfortunately they easily fall of the ear with their current design . The on-ear version or earpads are thicker, so I imagine they don't slip.

As far as sound quality is a concern ATH-M50 is really good alternative to Momentums, but if you actually like the look of Momentums, then what else remains... Also if you don't use amp, then only Momentums really shine with portables...
Edited by koolas - 7/16/13 at 9:02am
post #2285 of 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzam6999 View Post

Well.... yeah. I'm trying to get a pair of m100s. Mostly though it's just hard to justify buying a second headphone amp when I have such a nice one at home already. I really like the sound of the Momentums without an amp, I can hear where there could be improvement though. 

What's Vmoda like? Is it close to Momentums?
post #2286 of 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolas View Post


What's Vmoda like? Is it close to Momentums?

 

Not really, which is why I want the m100s. The Momentums have a warmer sound and the bass doesn't punch as hard. I like the Momentums a lot for instrumental music, RnB, and I guess smooth jazzier sounds. Where the m100s really stood out for me was hip-hop. The m100 bass wakes me up and gets me hyped. I'm not always into bass, but when I am I want a pair of cans that can make the bass into the centerpiece while not completely overshadowing all the other sounds. 

 

Disclaimer: I only have ~1.5 hours of listening experience with the m100s. 


Edited by Shazzam6999 - 7/16/13 at 10:15am
post #2287 of 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzam6999 View Post

 

Not really, which is why I want the m100s. The Momentums have a warmer sound and the bass doesn't punch as hard. I like the Momentums a lot for instrumental music, RnB, and I guess smooth jazzier sounds. Where the m100s really stood out for me was hip-hop. The m100 bass wakes me up and gets me hyped. I'm not always into bass, but when I am I want a pair of cans that can make the bass into the centerpiece while not completely overshadowing all the other sounds. 

 

Disclaimer: I only have ~1.5 hours of listening experience with the m100s. 


My experience with senns is usually the over-emphasis on bass... so can we say that then restrained themselves (a little at least) with the momentums?

post #2288 of 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclife View Post


My experience with senns is usually the over-emphasis on bass... so can we say that then restrained themselves (a little at least) with the momentums?

Momentum is one of Sennheisers bassier headphones (compared to open-back similar priced models). Bass is similar in quantity to most of their cheaper closed back models. (not including HD-25 which punches harder)

post #2289 of 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclife View Post


My experience with senns is usually the over-emphasis on bass... so can we say that then restrained themselves (a little at least) with the momentums?

Yeah actually restrained is the perfect way to describe it. I still see people on here who think the bass on the Momentums is too much. The Momentum bass is relaxing in my opinion, whereas the m100 is exciting and lively. Both are good sounds, but they serve different purposes. 

post #2290 of 3330

Their stated goal, with regard to Momentum, was to achieve the sound of their higher-end audio products with a slight bass emphasis.  I feel they achieved this, even though the statement made me worry.  

post #2291 of 3330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

Their stated goal, with regard to Momentum, was to achieve the sound of their higher-end audio products with a slight bass emphasis.  I feel they achieved this, even though the statement made me worry.  

Makes perfect sense for a portable headphone though.

At home they're almost bass-head material.

post #2292 of 3330

Gotta say I love'em still. Had 'em, sold them and went another direction and re-bought them. And couldn't be happier. This time I picked up a black pair. In case anyone is interested:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-psb-m4u2-senn-momentum-sony-mdr-1r-bose-qc15-beyer-dt1350-ue9000

post #2293 of 3330
Just got a pair of these on sale for $270AUD :D definitely happy with my find. If anyone is in Australia, jump on the sale. Colour option is black only right now. www.myer.com.au
post #2294 of 3330
Picked up a pair for $175 from a local and I'm quite happy with them. Almost wish I didn't promise to give these as a gift.
Though on that note I still prefer my AT ESW11LTD more.
post #2295 of 3330

Waiting for my pair (brown). Should be here today (it is 00:50 now) or tomorrow.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review