- 110 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Costa Rica
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 15post #211 of 29859/26/12 at 7:03amVery nice review. These look very classy and retro. Unfortunately the price tag is a little higher than my budget for on the go headphones, and for the house I prefer open hps.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 29859/26/12 at 7:29am
I really like the looks of them, materials and what i've read about SQ.
I am considering them for office use with fiio E17 + they would have added bonus of portability for holidays. Currently have ie80 but really need over an ear headphone for office. I always had iem's, never on-ear. What differences can I expect in SQ? Is sound stage much more narrow?
Thank you!post #213 of 29859/26/12 at 8:16ampost #214 of 29859/26/12 at 8:36ampost #215 of 29859/26/12 at 8:39ampost #216 of 29859/26/12 at 8:40amQuote:
Many have commented that these are not truly circumaural for larger ears.post #217 of 29859/26/12 at 8:42ampost #218 of 29859/26/12 at 8:55amQuote:
I have pretty large ears (approx 70mm), and they are circumaural to me. When you say many, can you quote who said that?
Though they do touch some parts of the ears. Nothing uncomfortable though.
Edited by eron - 9/26/12 at 8:57ampost #219 of 29859/26/12 at 8:57amQuote:
Actually they are more on-ear in my case (though I'd not considered my ears big), but extremely comfortable due to the soft pads and low pressure. I gut used to on-ear but still cannot stand too small cirumaurals touching my ears... the Momentum is not of this kind however.post #220 of 29859/26/12 at 9:18amQuote:
I am curious as well in an Ed8 comparison, for many reasons, sonic and otherwise. The Ed8's are my all time favorite closed cans and are my go-to headphones for travel and even portable use. While some shy away from using the Ed8's in the wild due to their expensive nature, I have always found them to be perfect for that application due to their relatively small size, excellent isolation, and comfort. For me, the Ed8's are snug yet circumaural. I know others complain that they are too small to be considered a true circumaural design. I would love to see a size comparison between the Momentums and the Ed8's to see if the Momentums are roughly the same size. If so, the Momentums will be the perfect size for me.
While the Ed8's must be amped to live up to their full potential, it sounds like the Momentums are impedence matched and tuned to be driven straight from your DAP of choice, giving a full bodied sound signature without amping. While I do not expect the Momentums to measure up to the Ed8's sonically, they may be a great on-the-go substitute for those times when I don't have the time or patience to screw around with making sure my amp is charged, finding that elusive LOD, untangling the extra wires, etc. If the Momentums match the Ed8's in terms of comfort and isolation, and present a pleasing, albeit slightly colored, unamped sound from my iPhone, I will be very tempted to pull the trigger.
Edited by NewMexiCat - 9/26/12 at 9:24ampost #221 of 29859/26/12 at 9:49am
Do not have an HD650, but due to that fact that they are a completely different type of headphone I wouldn't expect them to sound similar. HD650's are an open back headphone and will have a much more neutral sound. The Momentum is a closed headphone with some slightly aggressive tuning in the low end. Other than the badge, they should be quite different. It should also be noted that Sennheiser was likely not trying to design these as a relative of the HD650.post #222 of 29859/26/12 at 10:33ampost #223 of 29859/26/12 at 10:37ampost #224 of 29859/26/12 at 11:38am
I really love this recent push towards classically-stylish, leather-clad, sleek headphones. An unexpected result of Beats fandom, "club them with style." Beats will still dominate with it's core market of course, but put a set of headphones like these next to them and Beats looks like a juvenile kids toy, which is pretty representative of their sound. I hope this higher standard in style and materials keeps catching on.
I wish carrying cases were an option rather than default include though. If it's not something you're going to use, you shouldn't have to pay for it. Then they'd waste less and could charge more for those who want one. Debatable I guess.post #225 of 29859/26/12 at 12:06pmQuote:
You decide, I think the Bose QC15 is the best active noise cancelling headphone, and I love the comfort, man IT IS COMFORTABLE. However, the sound quality is unacceptable for the price (period), is not bad don´t get me wrong. but, with $300 I could buy another amazing headphone.
I don´t own the Momentum, but I have read pretty good reviews.
It all depends on what are you using your headphones. If you travel a lot on airplane, or live in a noisy environment. Bose is for you. If not, you have better alternatives.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New Hifiman HM-802 DAP Announced 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 6 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 8 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude