- 138 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Costa Rica
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Bose QC20/QC20i Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse potentially inflicted upon me, unlike those who received free...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 15
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I really like the looks of them, materials and what i've read about SQ.
I am considering them for office use with fiio E17 + they would have added bonus of portability for holidays. Currently have ie80 but really need over an ear headphone for office. I always had iem's, never on-ear. What differences can I expect in SQ? Is sound stage much more narrow?
Many have commented that these are not truly circumaural for larger ears.
I have pretty large ears (approx 70mm), and they are circumaural to me. When you say many, can you quote who said that?
Though they do touch some parts of the ears. Nothing uncomfortable though.
Edited by eron - 9/26/12 at 8:57am
Actually they are more on-ear in my case (though I'd not considered my ears big), but extremely comfortable due to the soft pads and low pressure. I gut used to on-ear but still cannot stand too small cirumaurals touching my ears... the Momentum is not of this kind however.
I am curious as well in an Ed8 comparison, for many reasons, sonic and otherwise. The Ed8's are my all time favorite closed cans and are my go-to headphones for travel and even portable use. While some shy away from using the Ed8's in the wild due to their expensive nature, I have always found them to be perfect for that application due to their relatively small size, excellent isolation, and comfort. For me, the Ed8's are snug yet circumaural. I know others complain that they are too small to be considered a true circumaural design. I would love to see a size comparison between the Momentums and the Ed8's to see if the Momentums are roughly the same size. If so, the Momentums will be the perfect size for me.
While the Ed8's must be amped to live up to their full potential, it sounds like the Momentums are impedence matched and tuned to be driven straight from your DAP of choice, giving a full bodied sound signature without amping. While I do not expect the Momentums to measure up to the Ed8's sonically, they may be a great on-the-go substitute for those times when I don't have the time or patience to screw around with making sure my amp is charged, finding that elusive LOD, untangling the extra wires, etc. If the Momentums match the Ed8's in terms of comfort and isolation, and present a pleasing, albeit slightly colored, unamped sound from my iPhone, I will be very tempted to pull the trigger.
Edited by NewMexiCat - 9/26/12 at 9:24am
Do not have an HD650, but due to that fact that they are a completely different type of headphone I wouldn't expect them to sound similar. HD650's are an open back headphone and will have a much more neutral sound. The Momentum is a closed headphone with some slightly aggressive tuning in the low end. Other than the badge, they should be quite different. It should also be noted that Sennheiser was likely not trying to design these as a relative of the HD650.
I really love this recent push towards classically-stylish, leather-clad, sleek headphones. An unexpected result of Beats fandom, "club them with style." Beats will still dominate with it's core market of course, but put a set of headphones like these next to them and Beats looks like a juvenile kids toy, which is pretty representative of their sound. I hope this higher standard in style and materials keeps catching on.
I wish carrying cases were an option rather than default include though. If it's not something you're going to use, you shouldn't have to pay for it. Then they'd waste less and could charge more for those who want one. Debatable I guess.
You decide, I think the Bose QC15 is the best active noise cancelling headphone, and I love the comfort, man IT IS COMFORTABLE. However, the sound quality is unacceptable for the price (period), is not bad don´t get me wrong. but, with $300 I could buy another amazing headphone.
I don´t own the Momentum, but I have read pretty good reviews.
It all depends on what are you using your headphones. If you travel a lot on airplane, or live in a noisy environment. Bose is for you. If not, you have better alternatives.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Eddie Current Balancing Act 2 seconds ago
- › New version of HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (external PSU) with AMP! 34 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best all-rounder ($250) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Amplifier for DT990 600ohm? 3 minutes ago
- › Best pricing? 4 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)