- 138 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Costa Rica
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 15
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I really like the looks of them, materials and what i've read about SQ.
I am considering them for office use with fiio E17 + they would have added bonus of portability for holidays. Currently have ie80 but really need over an ear headphone for office. I always had iem's, never on-ear. What differences can I expect in SQ? Is sound stage much more narrow?
Many have commented that these are not truly circumaural for larger ears.
I have pretty large ears (approx 70mm), and they are circumaural to me. When you say many, can you quote who said that?
Though they do touch some parts of the ears. Nothing uncomfortable though.
Edited by eron - 9/26/12 at 8:57am
Actually they are more on-ear in my case (though I'd not considered my ears big), but extremely comfortable due to the soft pads and low pressure. I gut used to on-ear but still cannot stand too small cirumaurals touching my ears... the Momentum is not of this kind however.
I am curious as well in an Ed8 comparison, for many reasons, sonic and otherwise. The Ed8's are my all time favorite closed cans and are my go-to headphones for travel and even portable use. While some shy away from using the Ed8's in the wild due to their expensive nature, I have always found them to be perfect for that application due to their relatively small size, excellent isolation, and comfort. For me, the Ed8's are snug yet circumaural. I know others complain that they are too small to be considered a true circumaural design. I would love to see a size comparison between the Momentums and the Ed8's to see if the Momentums are roughly the same size. If so, the Momentums will be the perfect size for me.
While the Ed8's must be amped to live up to their full potential, it sounds like the Momentums are impedence matched and tuned to be driven straight from your DAP of choice, giving a full bodied sound signature without amping. While I do not expect the Momentums to measure up to the Ed8's sonically, they may be a great on-the-go substitute for those times when I don't have the time or patience to screw around with making sure my amp is charged, finding that elusive LOD, untangling the extra wires, etc. If the Momentums match the Ed8's in terms of comfort and isolation, and present a pleasing, albeit slightly colored, unamped sound from my iPhone, I will be very tempted to pull the trigger.
Edited by NewMexiCat - 9/26/12 at 9:24am
Do not have an HD650, but due to that fact that they are a completely different type of headphone I wouldn't expect them to sound similar. HD650's are an open back headphone and will have a much more neutral sound. The Momentum is a closed headphone with some slightly aggressive tuning in the low end. Other than the badge, they should be quite different. It should also be noted that Sennheiser was likely not trying to design these as a relative of the HD650.
I really love this recent push towards classically-stylish, leather-clad, sleek headphones. An unexpected result of Beats fandom, "club them with style." Beats will still dominate with it's core market of course, but put a set of headphones like these next to them and Beats looks like a juvenile kids toy, which is pretty representative of their sound. I hope this higher standard in style and materials keeps catching on.
I wish carrying cases were an option rather than default include though. If it's not something you're going to use, you shouldn't have to pay for it. Then they'd waste less and could charge more for those who want one. Debatable I guess.
You decide, I think the Bose QC15 is the best active noise cancelling headphone, and I love the comfort, man IT IS COMFORTABLE. However, the sound quality is unacceptable for the price (period), is not bad don´t get me wrong. but, with $300 I could buy another amazing headphone.
I don´t own the Momentum, but I have read pretty good reviews.
It all depends on what are you using your headphones. If you travel a lot on airplane, or live in a noisy environment. Bose is for you. If not, you have better alternatives.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tralucent 1P2 + silver gold cable 25 seconds ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 41 seconds ago
- › Custom 4 wire round braid of DHC Nucleotide UPOCC copper wire 32"... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › The 100 Greatest Pieces of Classical Music 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Sennheiser IE 800 earphones 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)