- 141 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Costa Rica
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 15
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I really like the looks of them, materials and what i've read about SQ.
I am considering them for office use with fiio E17 + they would have added bonus of portability for holidays. Currently have ie80 but really need over an ear headphone for office. I always had iem's, never on-ear. What differences can I expect in SQ? Is sound stage much more narrow?
Many have commented that these are not truly circumaural for larger ears.
I have pretty large ears (approx 70mm), and they are circumaural to me. When you say many, can you quote who said that?
Though they do touch some parts of the ears. Nothing uncomfortable though.
Edited by eron - 9/26/12 at 8:57am
Actually they are more on-ear in my case (though I'd not considered my ears big), but extremely comfortable due to the soft pads and low pressure. I gut used to on-ear but still cannot stand too small cirumaurals touching my ears... the Momentum is not of this kind however.
I am curious as well in an Ed8 comparison, for many reasons, sonic and otherwise. The Ed8's are my all time favorite closed cans and are my go-to headphones for travel and even portable use. While some shy away from using the Ed8's in the wild due to their expensive nature, I have always found them to be perfect for that application due to their relatively small size, excellent isolation, and comfort. For me, the Ed8's are snug yet circumaural. I know others complain that they are too small to be considered a true circumaural design. I would love to see a size comparison between the Momentums and the Ed8's to see if the Momentums are roughly the same size. If so, the Momentums will be the perfect size for me.
While the Ed8's must be amped to live up to their full potential, it sounds like the Momentums are impedence matched and tuned to be driven straight from your DAP of choice, giving a full bodied sound signature without amping. While I do not expect the Momentums to measure up to the Ed8's sonically, they may be a great on-the-go substitute for those times when I don't have the time or patience to screw around with making sure my amp is charged, finding that elusive LOD, untangling the extra wires, etc. If the Momentums match the Ed8's in terms of comfort and isolation, and present a pleasing, albeit slightly colored, unamped sound from my iPhone, I will be very tempted to pull the trigger.
Edited by NewMexiCat - 9/26/12 at 9:24am
Do not have an HD650, but due to that fact that they are a completely different type of headphone I wouldn't expect them to sound similar. HD650's are an open back headphone and will have a much more neutral sound. The Momentum is a closed headphone with some slightly aggressive tuning in the low end. Other than the badge, they should be quite different. It should also be noted that Sennheiser was likely not trying to design these as a relative of the HD650.
I really love this recent push towards classically-stylish, leather-clad, sleek headphones. An unexpected result of Beats fandom, "club them with style." Beats will still dominate with it's core market of course, but put a set of headphones like these next to them and Beats looks like a juvenile kids toy, which is pretty representative of their sound. I hope this higher standard in style and materials keeps catching on.
I wish carrying cases were an option rather than default include though. If it's not something you're going to use, you shouldn't have to pay for it. Then they'd waste less and could charge more for those who want one. Debatable I guess.
You decide, I think the Bose QC15 is the best active noise cancelling headphone, and I love the comfort, man IT IS COMFORTABLE. However, the sound quality is unacceptable for the price (period), is not bad don´t get me wrong. but, with $300 I could buy another amazing headphone.
I don´t own the Momentum, but I have read pretty good reviews.
It all depends on what are you using your headphones. If you travel a lot on airplane, or live in a noisy environment. Bose is for you. If not, you have better alternatives.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 15 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 28 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 49 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)