- 94 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 131
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Actually my R1 will be arriving within next week...until then i can not give you a definite answer. However...according to a friend of mine, both has different sound signature. The Momentum is cleaner and more relaxing sound with a delicious low bass, while the R1 is tend to be more to a fun sounding headphones with more emphasize on the mid bass. But that was what my friend told me. The fitting comfort, R1 is well known being the most comfortable headphones for the size and i believe they are more comfortable than the Momentum.
I'm not excited to hear that I'll be losing sub-bass, but I'll let my ears decide. I ordered them as well so hopefully they'll be here soon.
I read everywhere that the V-Moda M-100 is a basshead phone and this turns me off. I don't want to have to EQ anything so I don't think it'll work out.
I'll check out the HD 558 though, as I've seen it in stores locally (which returning easy).
After my experience with the Momentum I'm staying away from on ears. I do like the Denon sound though. Perhaps the 1100?
No you definitely dont want to do that! The 1100's are very bass heavy and very loose. I love Denon and controlled bass. My favorite can is the 7100, which most audiophiles think has too much bass and sub base (even though its controlled), but the 1100's were ridiculous! Since you dont care for a lot of bass that much and dont want an on-ear, I recommend AKG K551 or the shure 440 or 840. Good luck!
Well I have the D600 and enjoy the sub bass. Too bad they're so loose on my head; it ruins any movement, the seal, and isolation. The momentum has slightly less bass, but it's tighter and punchy so I think it's perfect. I tried the AKG 550 and bass was anemic but it was a very flat sounding headphone. Ugh... the search is exhausting.
I'm pretty sure I'm getting it down to V-Moda M-100 and Sony MDR-1R even though I've heard neither yet. I'm losing quite a bit of money returning all these phones though.
Edit: I can't keep track of which threads I'm posting on so sorry if I repeat myself. lol
Edited by Dratta - 5/19/13 at 4:29am
mdr-1r are pretty similar too, but i didn't get a chance to a/b, just auditioned the 1r
shure-840s I own, and they sound NOTHING like the momentums. at all.
Edited by gnewylliw - 5/19/13 at 11:10am
Well i guess sharp is the wrong word to use actually....
More of sparkly i guess?
Also i may have mistaken the SRH840 for the SRH940 which is more sparkly.
Something like the SR325i however i would consider sharp.
We probably have a different preference as i thought the momentums were a little dark but not overly so.
Agreed. The SRH840 sounds absolutely nothing like the Momentum. The SRH840 a far more neutral headphone and, unlike the Momentum, can actually be used for critical listening. The SRH940 is league above either of them as well.
Edited by roguegeek - 5/19/13 at 5:15pm
I can agree with that, but I do find them to be on the warm side and when I think about there arent many closed cans that are warm and not bassy, so I thought it would be a good choice for him.
I would say that the SRH940s are amongst the worst headphones I've heard. Simply way too treble tilted and bass that is AWOL. Sorry, can't agree with you here. They are amongst my "most hated" headphones ever. The SRH840s are "nice" closed headphones and quite a step up from the 940s. But they are both leagues below the Momentums.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 seconds ago
- › What's a good DAC for my DarkVoice 336SE ? 19 seconds ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF180 Performance Series Impression&Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › looking for tera player IE headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)