- 94 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 131
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Actually my R1 will be arriving within next week...until then i can not give you a definite answer. However...according to a friend of mine, both has different sound signature. The Momentum is cleaner and more relaxing sound with a delicious low bass, while the R1 is tend to be more to a fun sounding headphones with more emphasize on the mid bass. But that was what my friend told me. The fitting comfort, R1 is well known being the most comfortable headphones for the size and i believe they are more comfortable than the Momentum.
I'm not excited to hear that I'll be losing sub-bass, but I'll let my ears decide. I ordered them as well so hopefully they'll be here soon.
I read everywhere that the V-Moda M-100 is a basshead phone and this turns me off. I don't want to have to EQ anything so I don't think it'll work out.
I'll check out the HD 558 though, as I've seen it in stores locally (which returning easy).
After my experience with the Momentum I'm staying away from on ears. I do like the Denon sound though. Perhaps the 1100?
No you definitely dont want to do that! The 1100's are very bass heavy and very loose. I love Denon and controlled bass. My favorite can is the 7100, which most audiophiles think has too much bass and sub base (even though its controlled), but the 1100's were ridiculous! Since you dont care for a lot of bass that much and dont want an on-ear, I recommend AKG K551 or the shure 440 or 840. Good luck!
Well I have the D600 and enjoy the sub bass. Too bad they're so loose on my head; it ruins any movement, the seal, and isolation. The momentum has slightly less bass, but it's tighter and punchy so I think it's perfect. I tried the AKG 550 and bass was anemic but it was a very flat sounding headphone. Ugh... the search is exhausting.
I'm pretty sure I'm getting it down to V-Moda M-100 and Sony MDR-1R even though I've heard neither yet. I'm losing quite a bit of money returning all these phones though.
Edit: I can't keep track of which threads I'm posting on so sorry if I repeat myself. lol
Edited by Dratta - 5/19/13 at 4:29am
mdr-1r are pretty similar too, but i didn't get a chance to a/b, just auditioned the 1r
shure-840s I own, and they sound NOTHING like the momentums. at all.
Edited by gnewylliw - 5/19/13 at 11:10am
Well i guess sharp is the wrong word to use actually....
More of sparkly i guess?
Also i may have mistaken the SRH840 for the SRH940 which is more sparkly.
Something like the SR325i however i would consider sharp.
We probably have a different preference as i thought the momentums were a little dark but not overly so.
Agreed. The SRH840 sounds absolutely nothing like the Momentum. The SRH840 a far more neutral headphone and, unlike the Momentum, can actually be used for critical listening. The SRH940 is league above either of them as well.
Edited by roguegeek - 5/19/13 at 5:15pm
I can agree with that, but I do find them to be on the warm side and when I think about there arent many closed cans that are warm and not bassy, so I thought it would be a good choice for him.
I would say that the SRH940s are amongst the worst headphones I've heard. Simply way too treble tilted and bass that is AWOL. Sorry, can't agree with you here. They are amongst my "most hated" headphones ever. The SRH840s are "nice" closed headphones and quite a step up from the 940s. But they are both leagues below the Momentums.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 38 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Magni vs. Magni 2. 1 minute ago
- › SACDs for sale 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Little Dot MKVI+ Fully Balanced Tube Amp with upgraded tubes,... 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2