Double amping will almost always result in poor sound particularly with low impedance hp's.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 128
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Let us know how it works out with the Ele dac - I've been thinking about getting it, but it's one of those things where you wonder how something so cheap can possibly make any slight improvement in sound.
I'm using PA2V2 with my momentum, but mostly to improve my ipods battery life so I can get through a week of light commuting without charging it.
That's good to know, I'm really looking for something portable that will enhance the sound of these. I guess the dac is what was I was hoping would help more than anything, as I'm sure the one in my laptop is pretty lousy, even for a higher end Sony. I haven't had a chance to load my HTC One with music yet, so I'm not sure if I'll really need an external dac for that, but if I'm getting one for my laptop, it might as well be used with my phone too. As it stands though, I'm happy with the momentums, but I'm all for anything that will take them up a notch.
OMG what a gem of a phone... in first minute they spoke to me. I dare to say that this fresh, from the box, not burned in PX100IIi, moved me more then Momentums Amperiors... all in first minute no doubts and for 80euro with iphone controls and 26GBP !!!!!! on amazon.co.uk without controls... these are my portables now together with Heirs IEM 5.0.
They drivers fold flat so I can't fell it on my neck, great on ears, sound is miracle for the price, and you can fold them to fit small sunglasses case for transport.
Lads help me on that one as I seems to not trust my ears now! Does any one compared A to B Momentum with PX100II??
Mad Dogs vs Momentum for home use ??
Ive been a massive fan of the px100s for many years .Im worried that the Momentums will not sound as good.i have an old pair of sennheiser closed back cheapo phones(202).Im considering an upgrade shortly.
Was there a noticeable difference in quality when using an external dac vs. what was built into any of those devices(mac book and phones). It's seems pretty unanimous that amplification doesn't make a noticeable difference, but is it worth it to use an external dac with these?
thanks a lot for these pictures. i finally make my decision that i will buy the brown one. the black/red was pretty cool at first look, but now i reckon they are too flashy, the red cable in particular. brown, in contrast, is very classy.
The protecting plastic that comes on brand new Momentums.
Just looks like a reflection to me fwiw.
I plan to use the Momentum as a portable a good bit of the time. I have an iphone 4 which I think would work well but there is not much space for music. I also have a Sansa clip zip+ with a 32gb card. How does the zip do with the Momentum?
Didn't have them on my brown pair when I received them. Is there a glossy plastic ring under the protecting plastic on the black ones?
The input impedance of both pre-amps needs to perfectly match, and even there, some sound will rebound. So even with high impedance hp there will be unecessary loss.
Edited by musiclife - 5/15/13 at 12:12pm
Did anybody manage to put replacement pads on the Momentum? Something bigger and deeper to accommodate larger ears?
I'd love to get these and change the pads, but need to find out if alternative pads can be fitted afterwards.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 23 seconds ago
- › Upgrade help please. 1 minute ago
- › Synergistic Research "Atmosphere" 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Most comfortable, portable, over the ear cans? Under $200 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone switch to Desktop Monitors/Speakers from Open Backed... 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)