Double amping will almost always result in poor sound particularly with low impedance hp's.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 128
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Let us know how it works out with the Ele dac - I've been thinking about getting it, but it's one of those things where you wonder how something so cheap can possibly make any slight improvement in sound.
I'm using PA2V2 with my momentum, but mostly to improve my ipods battery life so I can get through a week of light commuting without charging it.
That's good to know, I'm really looking for something portable that will enhance the sound of these. I guess the dac is what was I was hoping would help more than anything, as I'm sure the one in my laptop is pretty lousy, even for a higher end Sony. I haven't had a chance to load my HTC One with music yet, so I'm not sure if I'll really need an external dac for that, but if I'm getting one for my laptop, it might as well be used with my phone too. As it stands though, I'm happy with the momentums, but I'm all for anything that will take them up a notch.
OMG what a gem of a phone... in first minute they spoke to me. I dare to say that this fresh, from the box, not burned in PX100IIi, moved me more then Momentums Amperiors... all in first minute no doubts and for 80euro with iphone controls and 26GBP !!!!!! on amazon.co.uk without controls... these are my portables now together with Heirs IEM 5.0.
They drivers fold flat so I can't fell it on my neck, great on ears, sound is miracle for the price, and you can fold them to fit small sunglasses case for transport.
Lads help me on that one as I seems to not trust my ears now! Does any one compared A to B Momentum with PX100II??
Mad Dogs vs Momentum for home use ??
Ive been a massive fan of the px100s for many years .Im worried that the Momentums will not sound as good.i have an old pair of sennheiser closed back cheapo phones(202).Im considering an upgrade shortly.
Was there a noticeable difference in quality when using an external dac vs. what was built into any of those devices(mac book and phones). It's seems pretty unanimous that amplification doesn't make a noticeable difference, but is it worth it to use an external dac with these?
thanks a lot for these pictures. i finally make my decision that i will buy the brown one. the black/red was pretty cool at first look, but now i reckon they are too flashy, the red cable in particular. brown, in contrast, is very classy.
The protecting plastic that comes on brand new Momentums.
Just looks like a reflection to me fwiw.
I plan to use the Momentum as a portable a good bit of the time. I have an iphone 4 which I think would work well but there is not much space for music. I also have a Sansa clip zip+ with a 32gb card. How does the zip do with the Momentum?
Didn't have them on my brown pair when I received them. Is there a glossy plastic ring under the protecting plastic on the black ones?
The input impedance of both pre-amps needs to perfectly match, and even there, some sound will rebound. So even with high impedance hp there will be unecessary loss.
Edited by musiclife - 5/15/13 at 12:12pm
Did anybody manage to put replacement pads on the Momentum? Something bigger and deeper to accommodate larger ears?
I'd love to get these and change the pads, but need to find out if alternative pads can be fitted afterwards.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › IEMs under $50 29 seconds ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 36 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster Z Issues 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 3 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2