Double amping will almost always result in poor sound particularly with low impedance hp's.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 128
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Let us know how it works out with the Ele dac - I've been thinking about getting it, but it's one of those things where you wonder how something so cheap can possibly make any slight improvement in sound.
I'm using PA2V2 with my momentum, but mostly to improve my ipods battery life so I can get through a week of light commuting without charging it.
That's good to know, I'm really looking for something portable that will enhance the sound of these. I guess the dac is what was I was hoping would help more than anything, as I'm sure the one in my laptop is pretty lousy, even for a higher end Sony. I haven't had a chance to load my HTC One with music yet, so I'm not sure if I'll really need an external dac for that, but if I'm getting one for my laptop, it might as well be used with my phone too. As it stands though, I'm happy with the momentums, but I'm all for anything that will take them up a notch.
OMG what a gem of a phone... in first minute they spoke to me. I dare to say that this fresh, from the box, not burned in PX100IIi, moved me more then Momentums Amperiors... all in first minute no doubts and for 80euro with iphone controls and 26GBP !!!!!! on amazon.co.uk without controls... these are my portables now together with Heirs IEM 5.0.
They drivers fold flat so I can't fell it on my neck, great on ears, sound is miracle for the price, and you can fold them to fit small sunglasses case for transport.
Lads help me on that one as I seems to not trust my ears now! Does any one compared A to B Momentum with PX100II??
Mad Dogs vs Momentum for home use ??
Ive been a massive fan of the px100s for many years .Im worried that the Momentums will not sound as good.i have an old pair of sennheiser closed back cheapo phones(202).Im considering an upgrade shortly.
Was there a noticeable difference in quality when using an external dac vs. what was built into any of those devices(mac book and phones). It's seems pretty unanimous that amplification doesn't make a noticeable difference, but is it worth it to use an external dac with these?
thanks a lot for these pictures. i finally make my decision that i will buy the brown one. the black/red was pretty cool at first look, but now i reckon they are too flashy, the red cable in particular. brown, in contrast, is very classy.
The protecting plastic that comes on brand new Momentums.
Just looks like a reflection to me fwiw.
I plan to use the Momentum as a portable a good bit of the time. I have an iphone 4 which I think would work well but there is not much space for music. I also have a Sansa clip zip+ with a 32gb card. How does the zip do with the Momentum?
Didn't have them on my brown pair when I received them. Is there a glossy plastic ring under the protecting plastic on the black ones?
The input impedance of both pre-amps needs to perfectly match, and even there, some sound will rebound. So even with high impedance hp there will be unecessary loss.
Edited by musiclife - 5/15/13 at 12:12pm
Did anybody manage to put replacement pads on the Momentum? Something bigger and deeper to accommodate larger ears?
I'd love to get these and change the pads, but need to find out if alternative pads can be fitted afterwards.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE400 2 minutes ago
- › Sure Electronics 2x100W Class D Bluetooth Amp. 2 minutes ago
- › TV: Sound bar or 5.1 ? 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS: LNIB Sennheiser HD25-1 II 4 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)