Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 124

post #1846 of 3294

Today is a good day bigsmile_face.gifJust can't decide what color of the Momentums to keep? Notice how small the cups are, but works for me. Headband not the comfiest, small disappointment.

 

(protective film still on the Momentums)

post #1847 of 3294

A little disappointed by the noise isolation, coming from a HD25. Probably because of the harder clamping force of the HD25. How I wished I could have the sound of the Momentums with the good isolation from the HD25. Oh well. Anyone has tips on how to improve the isolation? :(

post #1848 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorts View Post

A little disappointed by the noise isolation, coming from a HD25. Probably because of the harder clamping force of the HD25. How I wished I could have the sound of the Momentums with the good isolation from the HD25. Oh well. Anyone has tips on how to improve the isolation? :(

 

You can gently mold a bit the steel headband to provide a bit more clamping force. Don't worry it won't break.Displaying IMG_20130427_200238.jpg


Edited by DrKrFfXx - 4/27/13 at 11:05am
post #1849 of 3294

The way I increased the clamping on mine. If you look closely by the pink band you will make out a Shure olive also lol. That created the tilt and the bands keep it in place and also help the clamping.

 

post #1850 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

The way I increased the clamping on mine. If you look closely by the pink band you will make out a Shure olive also lol. That created the tilt and the bands keep it in place and also help the clamping.

 

 

Gettho fixing those 300€ headphones haha.

 

+1

post #1851 of 3294

Every little helps with a narrow head lol

post #1852 of 3294
Interesting. I've had a fair amount of critical things to say about the Momentum, but I've never had any issues with the clamping force. Is it possible that bad sealing (an issue I do have) is being confused with poor clamping? I do find them to be separate issues with the Momentum.
post #1853 of 3294

The reason I have messed about with them is to increase the bass impact, it is certainly not a must. Just a personal preference.

post #1854 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRobot View Post

Today is a good day bigsmile_face.gifJust can't decide what color of the Momentums to keep? Notice how small the cups are, but works for me. Headband not the comfiest, small disappointment.

 

(protective film still on the Momentums)

 

HHNNGGG... how do they compare to the D2000 and X1?

post #1855 of 3294

Ive received mine today.

Love the sound, the only thing I miss is the bass impact.

post #1856 of 3294
Missing bass impact? I thought it has a good impact and plenty of bass as they said to me (in term of hifi bass). I will be receiving mine tomorrow. Many says it has quite similar presentation to the hd650 and less grainy too. I hope i am happy with this.
post #1857 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefano View Post

Ive received mine today.
Love the sound, the only thing I miss is the bass impact.

The Momentum is pretty damn colored in the lows. You, my friend, are a basshead. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1858 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post


The Momentum is pretty damn colored in the lows. You, my friend, are a basshead. smily_headphones1.gif

came across a same thought biggrin.gif

post #1859 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post


The Momentum is pretty damn colored in the lows. You, my friend, are a basshead. smily_headphones1.gif

I wouldn't say the bass is coloured. It's certainly more emphasised.

The bass timbre is quite accurate compared to an ultrasone for example, which is coloured. 

post #1860 of 3294
Emphasized = colored, or am I missing something?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review