Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
These are simply the best sounding headphones I have ever owned (and I've owned and sold a lot of them). They are sublimely smooth, yet detailed without the least bit of harshness at all in the...
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 121
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess I'm older than you (as I'm not the one with the "Pokemon avatar...my daughter though loves them ), so I can understand why you prefer the Sony's styling. For my 41 year old tastes, I'm going with the Sennheisers. That and they just seem better built with nicer touches.
I guess I'm older than you (as I'm not the one with the "Pokemon avatar...my daughter though loves them
), so I can understand why you prefer the Sony's styling. For my 41 year old tastes, I'm going with the Sennheisers. That and they just seem better built with nicer touches.
Imo i like the appearance of the shure srh1440 and srh1840 the most of any headphone. Too bad they are not portable.
Also,i drew out my own avatar in case you are wondering where i got the pic from that's why there is a hd650 there.
Edited by streetdragon - 4/18/13 at 6:45pm
I think most of us around here aren't sporting portable amps at even half the price of the iCan.
Can you give any reasons why you are no longer disappointed?
I would just say that Momentum scales very well with iCan. I also tried it together with HD650, HD600 and HD598. Momentum comes out tops with iCan which has an uncanny ability to bring out the best in many headphones with I tried including Momentum. Strongly suggest you try it out even though you might not have the intention to buy.
I r very excite. Needed a pair of legit portables to use with my new laptop, and the Momentums were calling to me.
I didn't want something huge, so I think they will fit me right.
^^ Looking forward to your impressions!
I just scored a pair recently, and I quite like them although they do have a couple faults (bass could be more clearly defined and treble is slightly splashy, imaging is also not the best) but they do most everything else pretty well. I find the overall presentation to be very musical and intimate without having a very narrow soundstage a la HD25/Amperior. It's not as wide as the 1R, which I liked also but ultimately sold because the mids were too colored for me and the the frequency was a bit too uneven, but the Momentum, IMO, is overall the technically better and more balanced headphone. Sonically, I still prefer the PRO 500 over these for several reasons. Ergonomically, the Momentum is the winner here.
What I will say is that the comfort on these for me, is pretty perfect for portable use. They're lightweight and my ears just fit (I'd say they are medium-sized - any bigger and I would have had an issue I'm sure). The isolation is impressive for a circumaural - not as good as the HD25s or DTs but better than other circumaurals like the 1R and M50. I have the black version and I like them but I wish the overall aesthetics were more of a black on black style than black/red. I am not a fan of the red cable but those are minor gripes. Overall, it's a great all-rounder.
Never said they weren't. For portable use, they sound amazing.
I just got these headphones and I love how they sound. I got the black ones because I wasn't crazy about the brown but the red/black contrast between the headphones and the wires are a bit flashy for me. Do you think I'll do any damage or void any warranties if I spray paint the wires or go over them with a sharpie?
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 34 seconds ago
- › Mid-fi Challenger: Phillips Fidelio X2 Vs. Sennheiser HD650 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Need help choosing DAC 1 minute ago
- › Using a SMSL M8 DAC with a Objective 2 amp 1 minute ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 2 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3