Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
So I bought these because I wanted to sleep and I can't sleep with over ear headphones on a window seat since the moment you put pressure on the bands, it goes haywire(the noise...
it take some time to fit these properly one of a kind sound great mids and highs, female vocal is good, male vocal a bit thin. At this price range, you can not get better bass, its the kind of...
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 121
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess I'm older than you (as I'm not the one with the "Pokemon avatar...my daughter though loves them ), so I can understand why you prefer the Sony's styling. For my 41 year old tastes, I'm going with the Sennheisers. That and they just seem better built with nicer touches.
I guess I'm older than you (as I'm not the one with the "Pokemon avatar...my daughter though loves them
), so I can understand why you prefer the Sony's styling. For my 41 year old tastes, I'm going with the Sennheisers. That and they just seem better built with nicer touches.
Imo i like the appearance of the shure srh1440 and srh1840 the most of any headphone. Too bad they are not portable.
Also,i drew out my own avatar in case you are wondering where i got the pic from that's why there is a hd650 there.
Edited by streetdragon - 4/18/13 at 6:45pm
I think most of us around here aren't sporting portable amps at even half the price of the iCan.
Can you give any reasons why you are no longer disappointed?
I would just say that Momentum scales very well with iCan. I also tried it together with HD650, HD600 and HD598. Momentum comes out tops with iCan which has an uncanny ability to bring out the best in many headphones with I tried including Momentum. Strongly suggest you try it out even though you might not have the intention to buy.
I r very excite. Needed a pair of legit portables to use with my new laptop, and the Momentums were calling to me.
I didn't want something huge, so I think they will fit me right.
^^ Looking forward to your impressions!
I just scored a pair recently, and I quite like them although they do have a couple faults (bass could be more clearly defined and treble is slightly splashy, imaging is also not the best) but they do most everything else pretty well. I find the overall presentation to be very musical and intimate without having a very narrow soundstage a la HD25/Amperior. It's not as wide as the 1R, which I liked also but ultimately sold because the mids were too colored for me and the the frequency was a bit too uneven, but the Momentum, IMO, is overall the technically better and more balanced headphone. Sonically, I still prefer the PRO 500 over these for several reasons. Ergonomically, the Momentum is the winner here.
What I will say is that the comfort on these for me, is pretty perfect for portable use. They're lightweight and my ears just fit (I'd say they are medium-sized - any bigger and I would have had an issue I'm sure). The isolation is impressive for a circumaural - not as good as the HD25s or DTs but better than other circumaurals like the 1R and M50. I have the black version and I like them but I wish the overall aesthetics were more of a black on black style than black/red. I am not a fan of the red cable but those are minor gripes. Overall, it's a great all-rounder.
Never said they weren't. For portable use, they sound amazing.
I just got these headphones and I love how they sound. I got the black ones because I wasn't crazy about the brown but the red/black contrast between the headphones and the wires are a bit flashy for me. Do you think I'll do any damage or void any warranties if I spray paint the wires or go over them with a sharpie?
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 3 minutes ago
- › Urbanite XL, ATH-MSR7 or MDR 1-A 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by yialanliu
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by 10shot9miss
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)