Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 121
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess I'm older than you (as I'm not the one with the "Pokemon avatar...my daughter though loves them ), so I can understand why you prefer the Sony's styling. For my 41 year old tastes, I'm going with the Sennheisers. That and they just seem better built with nicer touches.
I guess I'm older than you (as I'm not the one with the "Pokemon avatar...my daughter though loves them
), so I can understand why you prefer the Sony's styling. For my 41 year old tastes, I'm going with the Sennheisers. That and they just seem better built with nicer touches.
Imo i like the appearance of the shure srh1440 and srh1840 the most of any headphone. Too bad they are not portable.
Also,i drew out my own avatar in case you are wondering where i got the pic from that's why there is a hd650 there.
Edited by streetdragon - 4/18/13 at 6:45pm
I think most of us around here aren't sporting portable amps at even half the price of the iCan.
Can you give any reasons why you are no longer disappointed?
I would just say that Momentum scales very well with iCan. I also tried it together with HD650, HD600 and HD598. Momentum comes out tops with iCan which has an uncanny ability to bring out the best in many headphones with I tried including Momentum. Strongly suggest you try it out even though you might not have the intention to buy.
I r very excite. Needed a pair of legit portables to use with my new laptop, and the Momentums were calling to me.
I didn't want something huge, so I think they will fit me right.
^^ Looking forward to your impressions!
I just scored a pair recently, and I quite like them although they do have a couple faults (bass could be more clearly defined and treble is slightly splashy, imaging is also not the best) but they do most everything else pretty well. I find the overall presentation to be very musical and intimate without having a very narrow soundstage a la HD25/Amperior. It's not as wide as the 1R, which I liked also but ultimately sold because the mids were too colored for me and the the frequency was a bit too uneven, but the Momentum, IMO, is overall the technically better and more balanced headphone. Sonically, I still prefer the PRO 500 over these for several reasons. Ergonomically, the Momentum is the winner here.
What I will say is that the comfort on these for me, is pretty perfect for portable use. They're lightweight and my ears just fit (I'd say they are medium-sized - any bigger and I would have had an issue I'm sure). The isolation is impressive for a circumaural - not as good as the HD25s or DTs but better than other circumaurals like the 1R and M50. I have the black version and I like them but I wish the overall aesthetics were more of a black on black style than black/red. I am not a fan of the red cable but those are minor gripes. Overall, it's a great all-rounder.
Never said they weren't. For portable use, they sound amazing.
I just got these headphones and I love how they sound. I got the black ones because I wasn't crazy about the brown but the red/black contrast between the headphones and the wires are a bit flashy for me. Do you think I'll do any damage or void any warranties if I spray paint the wires or go over them with a sharpie?
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 53 seconds ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Shure SE215 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 + Fiio E12 3 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 3 minutes ago
- › Nice to meet everybody! 4 minutes ago
- › Open vs closed headphones for particular genres? 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)