Anyone know where I can get a 6 inch or smaller 2.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable cheap that will fit the momentum. I'm looking to clip my sansa clip to the headband for a nifty portable setup with minimal cable hang. I've done several searches but so far have come up empty. Not sure if a 2.5mm TRS would work either, might need to be TRRS.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 117
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To my ears the Momentums have far more resolution and refinement than the HD439.
To say you can get "the same sound for 60 bucks" is just misguided.
The fact that you find them uncomfortable also suggests that you're wearing them on your ears, which means you won't get a good seal and hear them at their full potential.
But I agree that the overall sound signature is very similar, so if you're not interested in the highest sound quality or only use lower bit-rate mp3s, then the HD439 is a good choice.
Does somebody have the measurements of the earcups? My ears are a little under 7cm long and was wondering if these would completely cover my ears.
(I believe it's been posted in this thread already, but I'm not going to read through 117 pages again.:P)
The inner diameter is about 55mm, so it might be an uncomfortable fit.
Thanks for the quick answer. I actually measured incorrectly, my ears are a bit under 6cm, so I hope it'll be fine!
Measurement graphs at Innerfidelity for both HD439 and Momentum do indeed look very similar...
The Momentum seems to have a slightly faster driver/more extended treble and very slightly less distortion at frequency extremes... and 300Hz square wave seem indicate slightly better ressonance/echo control too?
got mine today. ah, am i wearing my hd439? sound is exactly the same. sennheiser must be kidding! there is absolutely no difference except the he439 is comfortable and the momentum is not. never say never, but i guess it will be my last sennheiser for a longtime. its not bad, but hey, you can get the same sound for 60 bucks. do not think, the fancy leather style is worth 5 times the price.
The more and more I listen to the Momentum, the less I'm impressed. I'm happy I went with something else.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 34 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 41 seconds ago
- › Singapore - Audio Technica Offline Event - 29 Nov 2014 49 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › DAC recommendations under 10,000 bucks 3 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)