Are these good for heavier music?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Received my Momentum from RazorDog Deals.
It's very well designed. Very light (190g), small, and portable. Seinheisser clearly designed this for people wanting a portable HP on the go in refined style. So good job there.
It's very easy to adjust the headphones. Just put it on the head, and pull down.
Cables though thin, has no noise:the ones you get when you tap physically on cheap cables like the Hisound IEMs.
I have no problem with it fitting my ears.
Bass is not at levels of the ATH-M50, which I hated. Though it's definitely there.
Edited by eron - 9/23/12 at 4:42pm
Most, I'd say 98% of headphones out there have removable earpads (there are rare exceptions, such as LCD-2's which use one time use-only adhesives; but you can probably get another adhesive ring for it) and there is no reason at all to suspect that the Momentum won't IMO.
I concur. Based on its price range along with its current and upcoming competition, I would assume Sennheiser would allow for removable earpads. My headphones will be arriving on Tuesday, and based on some of the impressions along with Jude's review, it seems to be headphones to my liking. A slight exaggeration in bass is a welcome in my book, especially when these were design to be on-the-go. I will also be pairing these up with my early 2011 MacBook Pro 13 + FiiO E17 and see how well the FiiO compliments these headphones.
Hmmm, I don't consider the ATH-M50 bass heavy. If you are saying Momentum has less bass than those and if a few others share that opinion, I can take these off my short list.
Yes, they have plenty. It has more bass than the HD-598.
comparing them with the HD598, which one do you think has better sound quality and comfort?
They wrap differently around the ear. 598 has big earcups that wraps very widely around the ears, onto the head, while Momentum just wraps tightly around the ear. I have a pretty big head, and ears. The first time I put on the Momentum, they fitted fine. I tried them again, and my right ear fits perfectly, but left ear seems to be touching a bit more. If the Momentum fits your ears nicely, I'm sure it will be significantly more comfortable than the 598. Momentum has almost no pressure on the headbands for me, and is really light.
I'll report on SQ once I have more time on them. They are good though. I'm not experienced enough to describe the differences.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Which pair of headphones should I choose for this Christmas? 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)