Are these good for heavier music?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Received my Momentum from RazorDog Deals.
It's very well designed. Very light (190g), small, and portable. Seinheisser clearly designed this for people wanting a portable HP on the go in refined style. So good job there.
It's very easy to adjust the headphones. Just put it on the head, and pull down.
Cables though thin, has no noise:the ones you get when you tap physically on cheap cables like the Hisound IEMs.
I have no problem with it fitting my ears.
Bass is not at levels of the ATH-M50, which I hated. Though it's definitely there.
Edited by eron - 9/23/12 at 4:42pm
Most, I'd say 98% of headphones out there have removable earpads (there are rare exceptions, such as LCD-2's which use one time use-only adhesives; but you can probably get another adhesive ring for it) and there is no reason at all to suspect that the Momentum won't IMO.
I concur. Based on its price range along with its current and upcoming competition, I would assume Sennheiser would allow for removable earpads. My headphones will be arriving on Tuesday, and based on some of the impressions along with Jude's review, it seems to be headphones to my liking. A slight exaggeration in bass is a welcome in my book, especially when these were design to be on-the-go. I will also be pairing these up with my early 2011 MacBook Pro 13 + FiiO E17 and see how well the FiiO compliments these headphones.
Hmmm, I don't consider the ATH-M50 bass heavy. If you are saying Momentum has less bass than those and if a few others share that opinion, I can take these off my short list.
Yes, they have plenty. It has more bass than the HD-598.
comparing them with the HD598, which one do you think has better sound quality and comfort?
They wrap differently around the ear. 598 has big earcups that wraps very widely around the ears, onto the head, while Momentum just wraps tightly around the ear. I have a pretty big head, and ears. The first time I put on the Momentum, they fitted fine. I tried them again, and my right ear fits perfectly, but left ear seems to be touching a bit more. If the Momentum fits your ears nicely, I'm sure it will be significantly more comfortable than the 598. Momentum has almost no pressure on the headbands for me, and is really light.
I'll report on SQ once I have more time on them. They are good though. I'm not experienced enough to describe the differences.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ｓｈｒｉｉｉｉｉｉ+91-9929669787 tantra mantra specialist baba ji india 20 seconds ago
- › +91-9929669787 jadu tona specialist baba ji in west bengal 39 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 49 seconds ago
- › Help on buying headphones + DAC/AMP/SoundCard setup for PC-gaming... 2 minutes ago
- › Dubai Head-Fi Meet 8th May 2015 2 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 3 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › +91-9929669787~~ JaDu tOnA speciAlist baBa ji 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2