Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 12

post #166 of 3359

Are these good for heavier music?

post #167 of 3359

Awesome review!

post #168 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humannequin View Post

Are these good for heavier music?

 

Wellllll, they're best for music that weighs less than half a ton.

 

What do you mean ?

post #169 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

 

Wellllll, they're best for music that weighs less than half a ton.

 

What do you mean ?

Hahaha, I mean like metal/hardcore

post #170 of 3359

Thanks for the review, seems to be nice portables... I'll look forward to them in my local stores. wink.gif

post #171 of 3359

Received my Momentum from RazorDog Deals.

 

Brief impression:

It's very well designed. Very light (190g), small, and portable. Seinheisser clearly designed this for people wanting a portable HP on the go in refined style. So good job there.

It's very easy to adjust the headphones. Just put it on the head, and pull down. 

Cables though thin, has no noise:the ones you get when you tap physically on cheap cables like the Hisound IEMs.

 

I have no problem with it fitting my ears.

 

Bass is not at levels of the ATH-M50, which I hated. Though it's definitely there.


Edited by eron - 9/23/12 at 4:42pm
post #172 of 3359

I've been following this thread for a while now. Jude's review doesn't seem to mention if the earpads are removable. Has there been any mention of this? 

post #173 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradyl View Post

I've been following this thread for a while now. Jude's review doesn't seem to mention if the earpads are removable. Has there been any mention of this? 

 

Most, I'd say 98% of headphones out there have removable earpads (there are rare exceptions, such as LCD-2's which use one time use-only adhesives; but you can probably get another adhesive ring for it) and there is no reason at all to suspect that the Momentum won't IMO.

post #174 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_19 View Post

 

Most, I'd say 98% of headphones out there have removable earpads (there are rare exceptions, such as LCD-2's which use one time use-only adhesives; but you can probably get another adhesive ring for it) and there is no reason at all to suspect that the Momentum won't IMO.

 

I concur. Based on its price range along with its current and upcoming competition, I would assume Sennheiser would allow for removable earpads. My headphones will be arriving on Tuesday, and based on some of the impressions along with Jude's review, it seems to be headphones to my liking. A slight exaggeration in bass is a welcome in my book, especially when these were design to be on-the-go. I will also be pairing these up with my early 2011 MacBook Pro 13 + FiiO E17 and see how well the FiiO compliments these headphones. 

post #175 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

 

 

Bass is not at levels of the ATH-M50, which I hated. Though it's definitely there.

Hmmm, I don't consider the ATH-M50 bass heavy.  If you are saying Momentum has less bass than those and if a few others share that opinion, I can take these off my short list.

post #176 of 3359

Those look absolutely gorgeous. I am seriously thinking about adding them to my collection. :D

post #177 of 3359

After having them for about a week, I can say these have plenty of bass.  Might even be a bit much for the neutral fan.  Bass is clean and punchy though.  

post #178 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

After having them for about a week, I can say these have plenty of bass.  Might even be a bit much for the neutral fan.  Bass is clean and punchy though.  

Yes, they have plenty. It has more bass than the HD-598.

post #179 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post

Yes, they have plenty. It has more bass than the HD-598.


comparing them with the HD598, which one do you think has better sound quality and comfort?

post #180 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post


comparing them with the HD598, which one do you think has better sound quality and comfort?

They wrap differently around the ear. 598 has big earcups that wraps very widely around the ears, onto the head, while Momentum just wraps tightly around the ear. I have a pretty big head, and ears. The first time I put on the Momentum, they fitted fine. I tried them again, and my right ear fits perfectly, but left ear seems to be touching a bit more. If the Momentum fits your ears nicely, I'm sure it will be significantly more comfortable than the 598. Momentum has almost no pressure on the headbands for me, and is really light.

 

I'll report on SQ once I have more time on them. They are good though. I'm not experienced enough to describe the differences.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review