Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 101

post #1501 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liszt View Post

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on these. They would be for school for me.

 

Could anyone tell me how well the case would fit in a backpack? Would it at all? Are there any pictures comparing its size?

 

Thanks.

Don't yell at me for throwing out another pair of headphones out in the Sennheiser thread, but if you are looking for small cases, damnn the V-Moda M100 folds up into a super TINNYYY case! hard to tell in most pictures, but look at this pic (that is it legit next to an iPhone!!). http://cdn.head-fi.org/d/d8/d86c1542_d0c5c116_M100Shell.jpeg

 

I have never seen sucha small case lol.

 

Only mention b/c they are considered to be a competitor to the Momentums since both are portable closed headphones in the $300ish price range. However, they sound very different. M100 is v-shaped with bass-emphasis.

post #1502 of 3376

I got the black one today, it finally arrived.

 

First impression:

 

This is gonna be my go to bed can. So smooth and relaxing. Just wow.

post #1503 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRiNiCK View Post

ANy diff between the black and brown.
Yes, there is. The black Momentums have an anomaly in the 4.5 kHz range that will cause certain vocals and instruments to not be heard. Besides that, it is exceptional. The brown Momentums do not have this issue.

(I already posted this several hours ago but for some reason it's not listed anymore in this thread. Weird).
post #1504 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by carma143 View Post


Yes, there is. The black Momentums have an anomaly in the 4.5 kHz range that will cause certain vocals and instruments to not be heard. Besides that, it is exceptional. The brown Momentums do not have this issue.

(I already posted this several hours ago but for some reason it's not listed anymore in this thread. Weird).

Really? Damn.. Should have bought the Brown version.

 

Tyll @innerfidelity also found the anomaly on the frequency response, but he had the brown version?!?


Edited by Sleinzel - 3/7/13 at 9:13am
post #1505 of 3376
I remember people saying that it was just in the black version. If I remember correctly, Innerfidelity had a graph that showed both the brown and black responses to frequencies, and the brown didn't have nearly that much of a dip.

Edit: I guess it wasn't innerfidelity I was looking at
Edited by carma143 - 3/7/13 at 9:42am
post #1506 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by carma143 View Post

Yes, there is. The black Momentums have an anomaly in the 4.5 kHz range that will cause certain vocals and instruments to not be heard. Besides that, it is exceptional. The brown Momentums do not have this issue.

(I already posted this several hours ago but for some reason it's not listed anymore in this thread. Weird).


ohh I might have to get the brown one then.. Are the ear cups still the same size?
post #1507 of 3376

i'm gonna pitch in and say that they are NOT proprietary connectors! i have a cable from shure srh-480 and after some whittling of the rubber, it fits right in. unfortunately, i cut right rough the S connector.. a little bit of aluminum foil patched it up.

 

any 3.5mm to 2.5mm that is small enough will work just fine.

post #1508 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by carma143 View Post

I remember people saying that it was just in the black version. If I remember correctly, Innerfidelity had a graph that showed both the brown and black responses to frequencies, and the brown didn't have nearly that much of a dip.

Edit: I guess it wasn't innerfidelity I was looking at

 

They're the same drivers. The only difference between the black and brown versions of the Momentum is the color of the outer materials. How an there be any sonic disparity? Gotta love Head-Fi...

post #1509 of 3376

Difference between Black momentums and Brown momentums.
Kinda like the same between as the difference between blue studios and red studios?evil_smiley.gifph34r.gif

post #1510 of 3376

Could it possibly be a difference in material over the drivers (the red material could be thicker than the one in the brown Momentums)? But I don't think Sennheiser would look past something so obvious.

post #1511 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

Could it possibly be a difference in material over the drivers (the red material could be thicker than the one in the brown Momentums)? But I don't think Sennheiser would look past something so obvious.

I don't think changing the colour of the foam would change the properties of the sound passing through it.

post #1512 of 3376

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRiNiCK View Post


ohh I might have to get the brown one then.. Are the ear cups still the same size?

 

I also highly doubt that there is a variation in sound between the brown & black version. They are the exact same headphones except for the color. Remember your high school statistics... you cannot draw any meaningful conclusions from a study is done using such a tiny sample size!!

 

Get the color you like man & don't believe everything you read on the internet lol.

post #1513 of 3376

Also side note i actually preferred the Momentum over the T50p.
Friend however stated otherwise.
(and the same went for the HD650 vs the T70.)

post #1514 of 3376

Just to chip in: it was stated that one single black model measured 'worse' than one single brown model. 
Firstly, those measurements have now disappeared.
And secondly, even in Sennheisers flagship HD800, almost all the frequency response graphs they send with each model are slightly different.

 

It's clear to me that despite higher standards and technologies in manufacturing processes today, it's still very difficult for companies to make exact clones. 

The same slight variations are found in all niche high end products that are dealing with mechanical variables and tuning from SLR cameras and lenses to cars, etc etc.

post #1515 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

I don't think changing the colour of the foam would change the properties of the sound passing through it.

 

I didn't mean the color, but the material the red fabric is made of, but if the measurements were removed, then it's an anomaly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review