I have to wonder if you guys are listening to the same headphones...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction The A83 have been on my wish list for a while now, saw them at a reasonable price so thought why not snatch them up. So here we are I finally have the lovelies plugged into my ears...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour, this is my first time listening to high end DAP! Introduction I...
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 89
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah, it's tough to say for sure without hearing what they should sound like. For what it's worth - the difference I heard was pretty much across the whole frequency range. Everything just sounded about 10 times as lively and realistic as the pair I returned. Bass was actually very present, mids have good weight to them, and even the highs sounded better. The pair I returned, man, everything was just dull and lifeless. There was almost no bass extension, no weight to anything in the midrange, and lame highs. Not bad enough to make me think something was defective at the time, but definitely not anywhere close to what you'd expect from a $350 pair of headphones.
I think you mean: you came from beats studios, and they had LOUD bass - loud doesn't mean good. The bass on those is massively bloated below 500hz and cuts of dramatically below 30hz, while momentums are almost flat all the way down from 2000Hz to 0hz.
That aside, Momentums have an almost perfect balance of sound with a solid but never overpowering bass.
I'm thinking it's a defective model.
I completely agree, though I find the "slightly too much" very enjoyable.
So in terms of cables - is there actually a difference with the sound you get between the two? I doubt there'd be much difference...
So do I
I was listening and suddenly the music stopped abruptly, and I inspected the cable and saw it had been bitten in several places with one being a mortal wound. The lead suspect is a new kitten we just got. So I keep the Senn cable on my lap now being down to just one and have it plugged into a much more robust extension :)
I don't think they have too much bass and I owned the Studios a while back and these have a bit less bass but it's way better quality. If you think these are bass light then you definitely have a defective pair. I find the bass to be very nice although I do eq more in, but with the sensa clip+ they sound nicely balanced and nothing I would imagine even bass heads would complain about, since I am one :)
Ok so i just measured my girlfriends ears, i bought her a pair of the momentums and she loves them. Lets clear up this ear business, i jsut measured her ears cause they fit beautifully in them and here are the measurements; 2 3/8 length wise and 1 3/8 in width wise. She has cute little ears.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 2 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 53 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 59 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › IC: Grado PS500 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2