If you're not hearing enough bass then you either have a defective pair or you're looking for a basshead can like the M100
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 89
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You are not the only one. I tried them out, and had high expectations but was completely underwhelmed with, among other things, anemic bass and improperly weighted acoustic instruments. I am not a basshead, I absolutely love my HD201s which people often accuse of having too little bass. Since returning the Momentum, I have wondered if my pair were defective.
Yeah, it's tough to say for sure without hearing what they should sound like. For what it's worth - the difference I heard was pretty much across the whole frequency range. Everything just sounded about 10 times as lively and realistic as the pair I returned. Bass was actually very present, mids have good weight to them, and even the highs sounded better. The pair I returned, man, everything was just dull and lifeless. There was almost no bass extension, no weight to anything in the midrange, and lame highs. Not bad enough to make me think something was defective at the time, but definitely not anywhere close to what you'd expect from a $350 pair of headphones.
I think you mean: you came from beats studios, and they had LOUD bass - loud doesn't mean good. The bass on those is massively bloated below 500hz and cuts of dramatically below 30hz, while momentums are almost flat all the way down from 2000Hz to 0hz.
That aside, Momentums have an almost perfect balance of sound with a solid but never overpowering bass.
I'm thinking it's a defective model.
I completely agree, though I find the "slightly too much" very enjoyable.
So in terms of cables - is there actually a difference with the sound you get between the two? I doubt there'd be much difference...
So do I
I was listening and suddenly the music stopped abruptly, and I inspected the cable and saw it had been bitten in several places with one being a mortal wound. The lead suspect is a new kitten we just got. So I keep the Senn cable on my lap now being down to just one and have it plugged into a much more robust extension :)
I don't think they have too much bass and I owned the Studios a while back and these have a bit less bass but it's way better quality. If you think these are bass light then you definitely have a defective pair. I find the bass to be very nice although I do eq more in, but with the sensa clip+ they sound nicely balanced and nothing I would imagine even bass heads would complain about, since I am one :)
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio E11k or E07K for Beyerdynamic T90? 32 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone 200 Review by mark2410 58 seconds ago
- › Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware... 1 minute ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 11 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)