I have to wonder if you guys are listening to the same headphones...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Around 2009, the rumbling and chatter at Headfi.org was getting louder… It was beginning to roar. There was mention of a DIY designer who had an amp that would not only change headphone...
Intro This is an IEM that caught Head-fi by storm. Featuring a single 10mm high-bandwidth dynamic, using two patented technologies, Ostry made quite the statement. A company that was...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 89
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah, it's tough to say for sure without hearing what they should sound like. For what it's worth - the difference I heard was pretty much across the whole frequency range. Everything just sounded about 10 times as lively and realistic as the pair I returned. Bass was actually very present, mids have good weight to them, and even the highs sounded better. The pair I returned, man, everything was just dull and lifeless. There was almost no bass extension, no weight to anything in the midrange, and lame highs. Not bad enough to make me think something was defective at the time, but definitely not anywhere close to what you'd expect from a $350 pair of headphones.
I think you mean: you came from beats studios, and they had LOUD bass - loud doesn't mean good. The bass on those is massively bloated below 500hz and cuts of dramatically below 30hz, while momentums are almost flat all the way down from 2000Hz to 0hz.
That aside, Momentums have an almost perfect balance of sound with a solid but never overpowering bass.
I'm thinking it's a defective model.
I completely agree, though I find the "slightly too much" very enjoyable.
So in terms of cables - is there actually a difference with the sound you get between the two? I doubt there'd be much difference...
So do I
I was listening and suddenly the music stopped abruptly, and I inspected the cable and saw it had been bitten in several places with one being a mortal wound. The lead suspect is a new kitten we just got. So I keep the Senn cable on my lap now being down to just one and have it plugged into a much more robust extension :)
I don't think they have too much bass and I owned the Studios a while back and these have a bit less bass but it's way better quality. If you think these are bass light then you definitely have a defective pair. I find the bass to be very nice although I do eq more in, but with the sensa clip+ they sound nicely balanced and nothing I would imagine even bass heads would complain about, since I am one :)
Ok so i just measured my girlfriends ears, i bought her a pair of the momentums and she loves them. Lets clear up this ear business, i jsut measured her ears cause they fit beautifully in them and here are the measurements; 2 3/8 length wise and 1 3/8 in width wise. She has cute little ears.
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio Technica MSR7 vs. Bowers and Wilkins P7 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Assistance and perspective needed trying to round out my sound... 2 minutes ago
- › Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › [FS] Beats Solo2 6 minutes ago
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by potatoe94
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3