If you're not hearing enough bass then you either have a defective pair or you're looking for a basshead can like the M100
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Amperior: The Rivals? Last post on 3/17/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 89
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You are not the only one. I tried them out, and had high expectations but was completely underwhelmed with, among other things, anemic bass and improperly weighted acoustic instruments. I am not a basshead, I absolutely love my HD201s which people often accuse of having too little bass. Since returning the Momentum, I have wondered if my pair were defective.
Yeah, it's tough to say for sure without hearing what they should sound like. For what it's worth - the difference I heard was pretty much across the whole frequency range. Everything just sounded about 10 times as lively and realistic as the pair I returned. Bass was actually very present, mids have good weight to them, and even the highs sounded better. The pair I returned, man, everything was just dull and lifeless. There was almost no bass extension, no weight to anything in the midrange, and lame highs. Not bad enough to make me think something was defective at the time, but definitely not anywhere close to what you'd expect from a $350 pair of headphones.
I think you mean: you came from beats studios, and they had LOUD bass - loud doesn't mean good. The bass on those is massively bloated below 500hz and cuts of dramatically below 30hz, while momentums are almost flat all the way down from 2000Hz to 0hz.
That aside, Momentums have an almost perfect balance of sound with a solid but never overpowering bass.
I'm thinking it's a defective model.
I completely agree, though I find the "slightly too much" very enjoyable.
So in terms of cables - is there actually a difference with the sound you get between the two? I doubt there'd be much difference...
So do I
I was listening and suddenly the music stopped abruptly, and I inspected the cable and saw it had been bitten in several places with one being a mortal wound. The lead suspect is a new kitten we just got. So I keep the Senn cable on my lap now being down to just one and have it plugged into a much more robust extension :)
I don't think they have too much bass and I owned the Studios a while back and these have a bit less bass but it's way better quality. If you think these are bass light then you definitely have a defective pair. I find the bass to be very nice although I do eq more in, but with the sensa clip+ they sound nicely balanced and nothing I would imagine even bass heads would complain about, since I am one :)
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Question about digital cables (optical-to-coaxial) - Connecting the... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA3 or Schiit Valhalla? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: twin PCM 1792, full balanced, 24/192, DSD128, SACD ISO 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-M200 and EPH-M100 : EPH-100 Successor 8 minutes ago
- › [Review] Brainwavz M5 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-1.32 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)