Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 83

post #1231 of 3376

Because then a) I'd have to drive to the dealer and pay for parking and b) I'd get an entirely new set of phones which I'd have to burn in again. I guess it's not that big of a deal but it saves me a bit of effort - the dealer would only have to send the whole thing back to Sennheiser anyway which Sennheiser would then have to repackage (and maybe do other stuff, I assume they can't resell headphones for "hygiene reasons") so it's easier on me, the dealer, and Sennheiser if they just send me a new pad. 

post #1232 of 3376

well they definitely fooled metongue.gif
just noticed the folding of the leather and the leather pattern is exactly identical (which is supposed to be random)


Edited by streetdragon - 1/7/13 at 8:19am
post #1233 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

well they definitely fooled metongue.gif
just noticed the folding of the leather and the leather pattern is exactly identical (which is supposed to be random)

My earpads are both totally different in pattern. No difference in comfort though.

 

A little bit OT - I'm not sure about the headband though. It seems to be a bonded leather on top and hide on the bottom (same as the pads). The two surfaces feel different and the top layer is extremely uniform in pattern and slightly tougher. 
 

post #1234 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by llBlackenedll View Post

Well thanks for your help :) I will contact Sennheiser later when I have the serial number to hand. For the record, I love everything else about them. Just listening to Radiohead on them right now and they sound so awesome. Slight bass boost, but *just* the right amount.

 

Agreed! They have just the right amount of bass for my preference when it comes to general-purpose (and portable) cans. 


About the earpad discussion; my right earpad is slightly thicker than the left.

post #1235 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkManiac View Post

I got mine open box at a magnolia inside a best buy for $250, that's probably your best bet if you can find a pair

I was looking back through this thread again and saw PolkManiac's post and it got me to thinking. If you look back at my last post in this thread, when I first had the Momentums, I really liked them but thought they were a touch overpriced. I said $250 sounded about right. Then I saw where he got his at $250 from Best Buy so I called up my local store with a Magnolia Hifi and guess what....they had a pair of open box models. I went in and they were at $296 and I asked them if they could do any better. They guy checked and said he would do them for $250 so I got them for $266 out the door with tax. I definitely think these are worth that price. I should have thought to check with Best Buy for open boxes because I got a Audioquest Dragonfly for $169 oepn box as well. If you have a Magnolia/Best Buy location nearby, I would call.

post #1236 of 3376

I might buy one if it was $150.

post #1237 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post

I was looking back through this thread again and saw PolkManiac's post and it got me to thinking. If you look back at my last post in this thread, when I first had the Momentums, I really liked them but thought they were a touch overpriced. I said $250 sounded about right. Then I saw where he got his at $250 from Best Buy so I called up my local store with a Magnolia Hifi and guess what....they had a pair of open box models. I went in and they were at $296 and I asked them if they could do any better. They guy checked and said he would do them for $250 so I got them for $266 out the door with tax. I definitely think these are worth that price. I should have thought to check with Best Buy for open boxes because I got a Audioquest Dragonfly for $169 oepn box as well. If you have a Magnolia/Best Buy location nearby, I would call.

 

Great to hear man!  The Momentum/Dragonfly combo is pretty solid.  

post #1238 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

 

Great to hear man!  The Momentum/Dragonfly combo is pretty solid.  

Listening to Melody Gardot through the combo right now. Very nice!!!!

post #1239 of 3376

i just got my momentums, first impression: the headphones are smaller than beats studio, this is good and bad. good cuz theyre eaiser to carry around bad cuz the ear pads arent as big.

for me theyre still very comfy, same as beats studios if not more. the sound quality was good (to my knowledge) the bass stood out, but it wasnt overpowering. these headphones really make u hear sounds you have never heard before. the quality of the product is superb. the case is big (bigger than the beats studio case) but the case is also very nice. these are good for travelling and if u like controls. 

post #1240 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyruf View Post

i just got my momentums, first impression: the headphones are smaller than beats studio, this is good and bad. good cuz theyre eaiser to carry around bad cuz the ear pads arent as big.

for me theyre still very comfy, same as beats studios if not more. the sound quality was good (to my knowledge) the bass stood out, but it wasnt overpowering. these headphones really make u hear sounds you have never heard before. the quality of the product is superb. the case is big (bigger than the beats studio case) but the case is also very nice. these are good for travelling and if u like controls. 

 

I guess this one is better:

 

 

 

1000


Edited by squallkiercosa - 1/7/13 at 4:36pm
post #1241 of 3376

Well had them for 2 months and thoroughly enjoyed! Great complement cans to my current favs- HE-400. Great for travel too(but not only)- comfort, portability, decent isolation, looks, very easy to drive and sounds right.

 

Returned them for now (bought them at full retail) but after I'll try D600, MDR1R and maybe something else, I think I'll get these back!

post #1242 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post

 

I guess this one is better:

 

 

 

1000

lol yeah, but beats were my first headphones when i didnt know much about headphones. i saw beats at apple stores. at they looked cool. and i got my beats for half off

post #1243 of 3376

Ooohhhh *_* 
These seem pretty damn awesome! If i wasn't so new to the audio world and had the money I'd probably get some. Might think about it later on if nothing more appealing comes along!

post #1244 of 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyruf View Post

lol yeah, but beats were my first headphones when i didnt know much about headphones. i saw beats at apple stores. at they looked cool. and i got my beats for half off

 

Funny thing: I got Beats too, (they came with my cellphone HTC Sensation XL) They were faulty and I had to send them back 4 times to service center. The thing is, I couldn't return them because it was suppose to be an accessory for the phone. I could not understand how such poor sound could cost 200sf. Such a terrible reminder to avoid popular things (they look good though) 


Edited by squallkiercosa - 1/7/13 at 6:10pm
post #1245 of 3376
I just wanna throw in my agreement with a couple of posts...
momentums + dragonfly = incredible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review