- 1,172 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the premium portables... :) Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle of the portable headphones! Last post on 12/6/13 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Buy headphones Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
These are simply the best sounding headphones I have ever owned (and I've owned and sold a lot of them). They are sublimely smooth, yet detailed without the least bit of harshness at all in the...
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review - Page 73
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Although in the M-100 discussion thread, they are talking about how good those are with rock right at this moment here:
Edited by carma143 - 12/28/12 at 12:11am
Are these an upgrade or sidegrade to the Sennheiser HD-25s?
I LOVE my HD-25s, but I'm also hesitating between the Momentums and M-100s, mostly just for kicks and to see if anything is better.
Mostly I'd like to improve the soundstage and get slightly less abrasive treble.
From when I quickly tested the Momentum, I'd think I'd lose a tiny amount of clarity, in echange for improved soundstage, comfort, and balance (although they seemed more bassy).
I also liked the lower profile of the headband: I can put my hood over them more easily than over the HD-25s when it's raining.
What would head-fi do? :)
Not sure how the Momentums would seem more bassy, my Amperiors give a helluva bass kick compared to these and I thought the sound was more or less the same between them and the HD25's?
Overall the Momentum's give more clarity and the Amp's more bass response imo.
The Momentum is new, demand is high, and Sennheiser has pricing policies in effect on it. I'd say that your only real hope of finding it for less than $350 at this time is to buy used.
Just joined the momentum club! I'm a happy owner :) Listened to them in the store and the sound was very, very good. Excellent tonality and the bass really surprised me. Very deep and impactful (easily enough for bass-heavy tunes) but more robust and flat than my D600. The mid-treble also superior to my Denons.
I'm gonna let them burn in for a while and return with impressions later on.
Are they still on sale? That's an awesome price!
Well, it wasn't a sale. It was a discounted price on an open box (returned) pair because they were used. It's the luck of the draw as to whether or not you'll find one at any BB.
well any headphone can be worn around the neck (except a few headphones like the jecklin float)
anyway i think it should look good around the neck too
Around the neck, they're only comfortable at the fully extended position, which can be a little annoying as you have to readjust when putting it back on your head, unless of course you've got a large head and use it at the full head-size position or you have a thin neck.
hmm well in that regard i had similar problems with the HD202.(and the MS1i as well) i guess it can't be helped then, unless the headband adjuster is stiff
- Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 59 seconds ago
- › Looking for new earbuds! $80 - $125 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 - Are these the first IEM's by FiiO? -- See the official... 3 minutes ago
- › Sexiest headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › Roland Octa-Capture UA-1010 USB interface as a Headphone Amp....any... 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a portable over - ear headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3