I was thinking of getting the Valhalla amp as I heard it was one of the best at this price range, but I need a DAC as well. Considering my budget is quite tight, what would be better, the Valhalla with a budget DAC like the FiiO E10 or a different combination/2-in-1?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-11.32tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 12tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 15.1tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-16tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 9/20/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good DAC/amps for under $200 USD? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a DAC - price range 150-300$ Last post on 10/7/12 at 8:57pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Need help choosing a DAC/AMP. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
- WTB: Audio-gd NFB 11 230V Last post on 1/29/13 at 8:22am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- DAC/amp or combo advice needed Last post on 8/2/13 at 5:22pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
$300-400 Amp *with* DAC?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How do the NFBs compare? Does a lower model mean it's technically better? And how do they compare with the Audinst? I read from a few posts that it's better than the NFB-12.
P.S. Sorry if this wasn't the best section to post this thread.
Audio GD products are top notch, really nice, and most of they're amps are fully discrete (which means no cheap opamps).
- $300-400 Amp *with* DAC?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 8 seconds ago
- › Yuin PK-2 ear buds 54 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from Phillips CitiScape Uptown 59 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Mainline: New Bottlehead Premium Headphone Amp! 3 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3