I was thinking of getting the Valhalla amp as I heard it was one of the best at this price range, but I need a DAC as well. Considering my budget is quite tight, what would be better, the Valhalla with a budget DAC like the FiiO E10 or a different combination/2-in-1?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-11.32tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 12tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 15.1tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-16tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 9/20/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good DAC/amps for under $200 USD? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a DAC - price range 150-300$ Last post on 10/7/12 at 8:57pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Need help choosing a DAC/AMP. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
- WTB: Audio-gd NFB 11 230V Last post on 1/29/13 at 8:22am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- DAC/amp or combo advice needed Last post on 8/2/13 at 5:22pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
$300-400 Amp *with* DAC?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How do the NFBs compare? Does a lower model mean it's technically better? And how do they compare with the Audinst? I read from a few posts that it's better than the NFB-12.
P.S. Sorry if this wasn't the best section to post this thread.
Audio GD products are top notch, really nice, and most of they're amps are fully discrete (which means no cheap opamps).
- $300-400 Amp *with* DAC?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 1 second ago
- › DAC Suggestions with XLR Outputs and a Headphone AMP? 27 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 40 seconds ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 1 minute ago
- › What should I use to power my HD650s for PC gaming? 1 minute ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2