I was thinking of getting the Valhalla amp as I heard it was one of the best at this price range, but I need a DAC as well. Considering my budget is quite tight, what would be better, the Valhalla with a budget DAC like the FiiO E10 or a different combination/2-in-1?
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudinst HUD-MX1tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-11.32tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 12tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB 15.1tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productAudio-gd NFB-16tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 9/20/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 9/20/12
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good DAC/amps for under $200 USD? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for a DAC - price range 150-300$ Last post on 10/7/12 at 8:57pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Need help choosing a DAC/AMP. Last post on 8/25/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
- WTB: Audio-gd NFB 11 230V Last post on 1/29/13 at 8:22am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- DAC/amp or combo advice needed Last post on 8/2/13 at 5:22pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
$300-400 Amp *with* DAC?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How do the NFBs compare? Does a lower model mean it's technically better? And how do they compare with the Audinst? I read from a few posts that it's better than the NFB-12.
P.S. Sorry if this wasn't the best section to post this thread.
Audio GD products are top notch, really nice, and most of they're amps are fully discrete (which means no cheap opamps).
- $300-400 Amp *with* DAC?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 33 seconds ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 35 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Funny comments from the forums. 3 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)