- 30 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need help getting a speaker/amp setup for my house. Used for laptop plug in, and record player... Last post on 2/11/14 at 6:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Fiio e17 vs Audioengine D1 ( paired with the ATH-M50s or the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 ) Last post on 7/8/14 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ideal DAC/amp for Swan M200MkIIIs, ATH-M50s? Last post on 11/20/12 at 1:52am in Computer Audio
- BEST AMP FOR AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-M50 Last post on 10/31/12 at 7:19am in Headphones (full-size)
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
ATH-M50 connected to Creative speakers' headphone out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't use the creative headphone output with the m50's if you hold SQ in a position of your priorities. It's not good.
I'm not sure about RMEfireface and I don't want to say anything negative about PC soundcards otherwise I may get a roloking from a few people. I personally think they are there just for PC gamers mainly and for convenience based audiophiles.
Connect your m50's to an external amp which is connected to a DAC (digital to analogue converter) which receives data digitally via usb from your computer.
I use the FiiO E17 DAC / amp with my M50's and absolutely love it. Just plug it in a USB port, use the on-board DAC to bypass your sound card completely, and it's got a built-in headphone amp that does wonders for the M50's. I also use the E17's line-out function to run to my speaker amplifier for my desktop speaker rig.
Hi, I currently have an ESI Juli@ sound card. It's pretty good (audiophile standards aside) but I feel it isn't good enough for my ATH M50 headphones. I connected my headphones to Creative T40 speakers' headphone output (no headphone out on the sound card) and I don't know if it ruins the sound coming from the sound card, but regardless, I once heard a pair of M50 through an RME FireFace 800 sound card and was blown away. It was miles better than what I get with my current setup. What I'd like to know is, should I somehow bypass the Creative speakers by using an headphone amp or some device that takes a stereo signal and outputs it via numerous outputs, like speakers out, headphones out, etcetera... Or maybe I should get a new audio card? Is there some audio card with very basic functionality (to save money as much as possible), that is, headphones and stereo outs, that has a DAC that's on par with that of the RME FireFace series? Thanks.
How have you solved this problem? I'm going to buy ESI Juli@ and ATH-M50 and I need something between them. Now I have only an AIWA NSX-72 shelf system as an amplifier. What would you recommend?
- ATH-M50 connected to Creative speakers' headphone out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Destiny 3 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a 2.1 powered speaker setup for my computer, to be used... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones or 2.1 Speakers? ($500 budget) 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 6 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)