- 59 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Need help getting a speaker/amp setup for my house. Used for laptop plug in, and record player... Last post on 2/11/14 at 6:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Fiio e17 vs Audioengine D1 ( paired with the ATH-M50s or the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 ) Last post on 7/8/14 at 8:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ideal DAC/amp for Swan M200MkIIIs, ATH-M50s? Last post on 11/20/12 at 1:52am in Computer Audio
- BEST AMP FOR AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-M50 Last post on 10/31/12 at 7:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
ATH-M50 connected to Creative speakers' headphone out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't use the creative headphone output with the m50's if you hold SQ in a position of your priorities. It's not good.
I'm not sure about RMEfireface and I don't want to say anything negative about PC soundcards otherwise I may get a roloking from a few people. I personally think they are there just for PC gamers mainly and for convenience based audiophiles.
Connect your m50's to an external amp which is connected to a DAC (digital to analogue converter) which receives data digitally via usb from your computer.
I use the FiiO E17 DAC / amp with my M50's and absolutely love it. Just plug it in a USB port, use the on-board DAC to bypass your sound card completely, and it's got a built-in headphone amp that does wonders for the M50's. I also use the E17's line-out function to run to my speaker amplifier for my desktop speaker rig.
Hi, I currently have an ESI Juli@ sound card. It's pretty good (audiophile standards aside) but I feel it isn't good enough for my ATH M50 headphones. I connected my headphones to Creative T40 speakers' headphone output (no headphone out on the sound card) and I don't know if it ruins the sound coming from the sound card, but regardless, I once heard a pair of M50 through an RME FireFace 800 sound card and was blown away. It was miles better than what I get with my current setup. What I'd like to know is, should I somehow bypass the Creative speakers by using an headphone amp or some device that takes a stereo signal and outputs it via numerous outputs, like speakers out, headphones out, etcetera... Or maybe I should get a new audio card? Is there some audio card with very basic functionality (to save money as much as possible), that is, headphones and stereo outs, that has a DAC that's on par with that of the RME FireFace series? Thanks.
How have you solved this problem? I'm going to buy ESI Juli@ and ATH-M50 and I need something between them. Now I have only an AIWA NSX-72 shelf system as an amplifier. What would you recommend?
- ATH-M50 connected to Creative speakers' headphone out
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-A20 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Studio owners please share your experience 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Korbe Canida wins Chesky Records Singer-Songwriter Tournament 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2