Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Use a standard USB DAC with a Nexus 7 (step by step guide)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Use a standard USB DAC with a Nexus 7 (step by step guide) - Page 5

post #61 of 136
Does sound like a corrupt download try downloading the files on a pc and transferring them to the N7 and see if that helps?
post #62 of 136
Okay I tried from pc and had same problem. Before I can flash things do I need a custom rom as I am still on stock?
post #63 of 136
No, you need to be unlocked and rooted correctly, I can't post the link from my phone, but look on xda for wugs nexus root toolkit, install that on your pc and check you are actually rooted correctly?

Sent from my HTC One X
post #64 of 136
Cheched and rooted cooted correctly with wugs! Thanks so much everyone who is helping!
post #65 of 136
Hmmmmmm, can you post exactly what you are doing then from start to finish to see if I can pick anything up from that please?
post #66 of 136

So download the file i want to flash, put it onto the internal memory of the N7 then go into recovery mode which is the latest TWRP. I then wipe cache and dalvik cache and attempt to flash to which i get fail.

 

I tried the CM10 this morning which failed but google amps succeeded but obviously had to restore to a back up!

post #67 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

So download the file i want to flash, put it onto the internal memory of the N7 then go into recovery mode which is the latest TWRP. I then wipe cache and dalvik cache and attempt to flash to which i get fail.

I tried the CM10 this morning which failed but google amps succeeded but obviously had to restore to a back up!
You have to wipe system too!!! That's your problem! beerchug.gif
post #68 of 136

wipe system? I got to a point i had no OS this morning trying to flash CM10 because i was wiping everything!

post #69 of 136

He is saying you need to do a factory reset when you flash stuff.  Unless you formatted /system (This is bad... All android devices I know about when you format anything on it you have just earned yourself a new paperweight) you should be able to boot or get to the boot screen, both of which means Android is sitting on your device.

 

Try this video and check to make sure you doing it correctly.


Edited by gidgiddonihah - 1/16/13 at 12:49pm
post #70 of 136

no i managed to restore it back so it is working just fine now thanks god. It is now just rooted and unlocked as it was a couple of days ago so there is no problems thankfully although i did worry. Will follow that guide tomorrow and touch wood it will work!

post #71 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

no i managed to restore it back so it is working just fine now thanks god. It is now just rooted and unlocked as it was a couple of days ago so there is no problems thankfully although i did worry. Will follow that guide tomorrow and touch wood it will work!

 

That is why I always, always backup.  Good luck! (I omitted the wood reference... rolleyes.gif)  

post #72 of 136

just followed that video and yet the CM10 still fails....

post #73 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

just followed that video and yet the CM10 still fails....

 

This is very strange.  Have you tried to unroot and then reroot again with the tool?  You may want to download the tool again, unroot, and reroot. When I get home I'll do some more research and get back to you.

 

(Edit) When it fails, can you take a picture of what it did and upload it?  


Edited by gidgiddonihah - 1/17/13 at 9:45am
post #74 of 136

I unrooted it on my mac and re rooted again on my pc with a different tool box.

 

http://vetexpo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/xda-developers-q-no-md5-file-found.html

post #75 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

I unrooted it on my mac and re rooted again on my pc with a different tool box.

 

http://vetexpo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/xda-developers-q-no-md5-file-found.html

 

Didn't know that was you.  

 

After your rooted again try flashing CM10.  From what I am reading with MD5 errors on the Nexus 7 it usually happens when people mess with the /system stuff (if it isn't the download). (Don't) Try this video and see if you can get back to stock.  Then root using the tool.  If you have problems getting to stock let me know! 

 

(Edit) To get back to stock it seems this is much better.  It lets you do flashing to stock, rooting, unrooting, etc all from one tool.


Edited by gidgiddonihah - 1/17/13 at 12:17pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Use a standard USB DAC with a Nexus 7 (step by step guide)