Great job, deserves a bump!
- productesi Dr. DAC Nanotagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/24/12
- productGoogle Nexus 7tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productibasso D10 Cobratagged by System, 9/24/12
- productLogitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Soundtagged by System, 9/24/12
- productPractical Devices XM6tagged by System, 9/24/12
- productTurtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro II USB Analog & Digital Audio Adaptertagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Giant List of sub-$200 portable DACs w/ their chips & price Last post on 1/19/14 at 10:51am in Dedicated Source Components
- Am I opening a door here? Last post on 12/25/12 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference? Last post on 11/30/12 at 1:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Denon D2000 & Black Friday Last post on 11/23/12 at 10:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Amp Under $100 Last post on 11/14/12 at 1:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Use a standard USB DAC with a Nexus 7 (step by step guide) - Page 2post #16 of 13610/16/12 at 5:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 13610/17/12 at 7:41ampost #18 of 13610/19/12 at 6:57ampost #19 of 13610/27/12 at 7:23pmQuote:
I have a D2+ Boa and I just got it to work. No issues, just flashed the kernel and rebooted with the DAC attached. Now to figure out how to get this working for my One X...post #20 of 13611/22/12 at 8:36pm
This is a very useful post. I've been doing a lot of research on how to get this working and also be able to charge a tablet and use a OTG USB DAC at the same time.
My plan is to use this for a tablet in my car. Right now I currently have an Alpine w910 head unit which has a burr brown DAC. I believe it has RCA outputs for front/back/subwoofer. What would be a good DAC to pair with a tablet for this type of situation? I'd preferably want to not take a step back in audio quality (and maybe even take a step forward).
brupost #21 of 13611/24/12 at 11:05ampost #22 of 13611/28/12 at 9:00pmQuote:
Not a Nexus 7 guy, but I am sure you can grab a 4.1.2 custom ROM and stick the mentioned kernel on top of that. Pretty easy to do: download the ROM and flash it just like the guide says to install the kernel. Then install the kernel just like the guide tells you to. Should work like a charm. The kernel most likely will still work with 4.2 but I would check around before making that assumption or you may end up bricking your new toy...
Unless someone has a better suggestion, this is going to be my Christmas gift to myself and I'll ask a DAC . Or maybe I could ask for both haha.
Some 4.1.2 ROM's:
- SmoothROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1899024
- Stock Rooted: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2017574
Edited by gidgiddonihah - 11/28/12 at 9:02pmpost #23 of 13611/28/12 at 10:17pmpost #24 of 13611/28/12 at 10:40pmQuote:
I am pretty sure that's what I am getting. After Christmas I will pick up a DAC, cable, and most likely a USB hub so I can play files off my 1 TB WD portable drive. Or maybe I have no idea. Family is really riding me for a list and I haven't found anything that I really want. Pretty much anything I have shown interest in is way too expensive (maybe after I finish college ).
Edited by gidgiddonihah - 12/1/12 at 12:23ampost #25 of 13612/11/12 at 11:22am
Nexus 7 has upgraded to Android 4.2.1. When rooted (see first post), install the Faux kernel (v.0.12b11), and it works like a charm with Fiio E17. But you have to put in the usb wire before you start the N7.post #26 of 13612/23/12 at 5:31am
Guys ,i know it would be a little out of the thread purpose,but i have read some news about the possibility of a reducing price to 150 dollars in March and possibly 99 (Shiit!) dollars in June,due to components being cheaper in the foresee months ahead.Do you find this infos reliable?I will be very happy to purchase a Nexus 7 from overseas,at the moment in Brazil the less you can find for a Nexus is 400 dollars.post #27 of 13612/23/12 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by antberg
Guys ,i know it would be a little out of the thread purpose,but i have read some news about the possibility of a reducing price to 150 dollars in March and possibly 99 (Shiit!) dollars in June,due to components being cheaper in the foresee months ahead.Do you find this infos reliable?I will be very happy to purchase a Nexus 7 from overseas,at the moment in Brazil the less you can find for a Nexus is 400 dollars.
I hadn't heard that. Got Any links? I know ASUS plans on releasing a slightly cheaper 7" that will be quite similar to the Nexus 7, for $150:post #28 of 13612/23/12 at 3:01pmpost #29 of 13612/23/12 at 3:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by antberg
Yes for sure
if it does not work try to search "Nexus 7 news" on google.
Great, thanks. This is really cool. The Nexus 7 just keeps getting better. I paid $250 for the 16GB at the initial release and its oh so worth that price. But $150 or $99.... wow. No one should not have a Nexus 7. :Dpost #30 of 13612/23/12 at 3:56pm
I have an Archos G9 101 tablet and USB DACS (My leckerton UHA4 just works with it) and USB speakers just work, little jittery sometimes
- Use a standard USB DAC with a Nexus 7 (step by step guide)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 2 minutes ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread. Opinions, reviews,... 6 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › [Appreciation] Westone UM PRO Series 7 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Audio 7 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude