I'm looking for a comfortable pair of over-ear headphones for those long study sessions. After some research and your input, I've narrowed it down to these three- Ultrasone HIFI 580, Shure SRH 840, and Vmoda LP2. But that's where I get stuck. I do not know enough about headphones to make a decision, so that's where your help comes in. I listen to most types of music ranging from classical to dubstep to rock and everything in between. Also, with these models, should I buy an amp? I'll be listening to my music through my laptop or iPod. Any info you guys can give me (that I can understand haha) will help a ton.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a pair of comfortable headphones with quality sound for <$200 Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50 vs srh440 vs srh840 Last post on 8/1/12 at 2:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under ~200 for the highs of trance and the lows of dubstep. ( Can't find... Last post on 10/25/12 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about the term basshead headphones Last post on 11/27/12 at 10:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- closed Headphones for a 3rd generation ipod touch Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Ultrasone HIFI 580, Shure SRH 840, or Vmoda LP2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/13/12 at 8:27pm
Well... The Ultrasones can be worn for long periods... provided you don't wear glasses or don't mind a bit of ear sweat. They tend to clamp quite hard as well. Can't vouch for the others for comfort or sound quality, but the Ultrasones are actually decent for most musics. The vocals can be a bit... artificial at points. Ultrasones do reasonably well with classical, but they shine with electronica.
- Ultrasone HIFI 580, Shure SRH 840, or Vmoda LP2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 18 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 30 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 1 minute ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 1 minute ago
- › JUST EXPERIENCED MY 1st .FLAC+HEADPHONE REVELATION! What's yours?? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi vs Epiphany Acoustics E-DAC Which is more... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)