I'm looking for a comfortable pair of over-ear headphones for those long study sessions. After some research and your input, I've narrowed it down to these three- Ultrasone HIFI 580, Shure SRH 840, and Vmoda LP2. But that's where I get stuck. I do not know enough about headphones to make a decision, so that's where your help comes in. I listen to most types of music ranging from classical to dubstep to rock and everything in between. Also, with these models, should I buy an amp? I'll be listening to my music through my laptop or iPod. Any info you guys can give me (that I can understand haha) will help a ton.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a pair of comfortable headphones with quality sound for <$200 Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50 vs srh440 vs srh840 Last post on 8/1/12 at 2:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under ~200 for the highs of trance and the lows of dubstep. ( Can't find... Last post on 10/25/12 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the best headphone for under 200? Last post on 3/8/13 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about the term basshead headphones Last post on 11/27/12 at 10:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW I bought this pair of earphones as a cheap alternative for my broken phone earphones. Once I bought it, I never heard of the brand SoundMagic before yet, and doubted the...
Introduction I recently participated in the OPPO PM-1 loaner program -- many thanks to Chris and the folks at OPPO for providing this wonderful opportunity! I was able to demo the PM-1 headphones...
The Head-Fi website is a place for many good things related to headphones, amplifiers, Digital Audio Players (DAPS), and many more items. Manufacturers will often promote their new items on the...
Ultrasone HIFI 580, Shure SRH 840, or Vmoda LP2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 29/13/12 at 8:27pm
Well... The Ultrasones can be worn for long periods... provided you don't wear glasses or don't mind a bit of ear sweat. They tend to clamp quite hard as well. Can't vouch for the others for comfort or sound quality, but the Ultrasones are actually decent for most musics. The vocals can be a bit... artificial at points. Ultrasones do reasonably well with classical, but they shine with electronica.
- Ultrasone HIFI 580, Shure SRH 840, or Vmoda LP2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 18 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 21 seconds ago
- › B&W P7 or OPPO PM-3 or something else ? 30 seconds ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 39 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by H20Fidelity
- › IHIFI-812V2 by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse