after reading many threads I post here to have some suggestions for my particular use.
To sum it up here is what I'm looking for:
- around 150$ budget
- good isolation (I will use them mainly in metro, train, bus etc..)
- comfy (I listen to music..a lot)
- suited for smartphone audio source (my LG 2X has a Wolfson DAC and I'm currently using Neutron player)
- fun to listen to (they don't need to be too analytic/ neutral as soon as the sound is balanced)
- solid (removable cable and available spares would be a plus if it's a headphone)
- suited for trip hop (deep bass, good vocals and soundstage needed), but I listen to all music that have a strong rythm (I'm a drummer) from hip hop to electro to alternative/ experimental rock/ metal
- bands I mainly listen to: trentemoller, kalkenbrenner, the XX, royksopp, parov stellar, depth affect, nightmares on wax, NIN, tool, isis, deftones, queens of the stone age, smashing pumpkins, radiohead etc..
What is not so important:
- type (headphone /earphone /IEM)
IEM/ headphones I already have: Meelectronics A161P, CC51, Audio Technica ATH-M50, Philips Uptown. Most of them are all rounders and not meant for a particular style of music, so this time I'd like a more dedicated unit.
What would you suggest?