I received a pair of ATH-M50's for Christmas a few years ago, but never quite fell in love with them. Listened to them just 4 or 5 times after breaking them in for ~ 40 hours.
I think overall closed headphones aren't just for me. Could you please recommend a headphone that:
1. Is < $200
2. Can be powered without an amp if needed (low impedance), though I have a Fiio E7 DAC
3. Doesn't have such harsh highs as the ATH-M50
4. Has a warmer mid range than the ATH-M50
5. Bass is as deep and tight as possible. The ATH-50's bass felt quite boomy to me.
6. Prefer circumaural if possible
I currently have a pair of Grado SR-60's that sound pretty good, but are lacking in the bass and just kind of have a cheap build quality.
I'm strongly considering the AKG-K701/702 since I heard them and really liked them, but they were a bit lacking in the bass category for me.
What would be similar to the AKG-K701 with a bit more bass that I should listen to?