Heya!, Im finding some good Bang for the Buck! IEMs, i primary listen to rock, some techno, soft rock..., The primary use for the IEMs is while im relaxing (or sleeping) so they must be very comfortable..... Thanks in advance guys
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC Kenwood Victor Inner year Headphone HA-FX3Xtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKlipsch Image X5 Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productMonoprice 8320 IEMtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEMs for less than 100$ Last post on 3/10/13 at 10:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100 Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Recommended IEMs for Beginners?post #1 of 119/13/12 at 7:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 119/13/12 at 7:42am
There is still a great deal on Atrio M5s at the www.atrio.me website. For head-fi'ers, there is a 50% off coupon where you get a $199 pair of M5s with the MG7 drivers for about $107 shipped. I have had mine for several months and love them. If you search slickdeals.net or the Atrio thread here, you can find the code to use. They come with a bunch of different tips so you can find what you like best in terms of comfort. Great isolation, great bass response, very good for use with many different genres.post #3 of 119/13/12 at 8:01am
The JVC FX3X are good match for these genres music and offers deep punchy bass with crisp clear mids, highs and fairly wide soundstage.post #4 of 119/13/12 at 8:07amThread Starterpost #5 of 119/13/12 at 8:12amThread StarterQuote:
aren't they bass monsters? i don't like TOO MUCH BASS, what really matters for me is the mid range (coz im gonna use them for relaxing) btw, have you ever tried the Westone UM1?post #6 of 119/13/12 at 8:44ampost #7 of 119/13/12 at 9:09am
If you want more midrange details then JVC FXT90, FXD80, Sony EX600, RE0, Image X5, HF3, HF5 are great buy. The JVC FX3X offers deep punchy controled bass for more fun to listen and they are not very bassheavy like UE SF5EB.post #8 of 119/19/12 at 9:12pmQuote:
+8. The Monoprice 8320 is easily the absolute best price-perfomance ratio ever conceived. Definitely get a pair.post #9 of 119/19/12 at 9:23pmStart with monoprice, but i warn you that they for some people can be very uncomfortable(theyvare hue). And you need get other tips, because standart are useless. You can get sony hybrid clones from ebay, or if you are short in money- get bi-flange tips from buyincoins.com for $1(3 pairs).
Then after about 3 months upgrade to audio technica ckm500 for $58, which sounds even noticably better, are realy comfy.post #10 of 119/19/12 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by rikardoliepa
Start with monoprice, but i warn you that they for some people can be very uncomfortable(theyvare hue). And you need get other tips, because standart are useless. You can get sony hybrid clones from ebay, or if you are short in money- get bi-flange tips from buyincoins.com for $1(3 pairs).
Then after about 3 months upgrade to audio technica ckm500 for $58, which sounds even noticably better, are realy comfy.
I disagree. While they do get a little uncomfortable for me after an hour or so, that happens with every IEM I've ever tried. Mine fit me just fine. I have heard that different people will get different fits. A good idea is to get some comply tips, which improve isolation, sound, and comfort. They are a tad expensive ($20) but it's more than worth it.post #11 of 1112/23/12 at 6:38am
I found this incredibly helpful
For $30 I got Vsonic GR99's, and I'm very satisfied with them. What I hear, however, is once you pass about the $70 mark you will see a massive improvement.
The Vsonics are comfortable, but for me it was next to impossible to change the tips and get the right fit.
- Recommended IEMs for Beginners?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 54 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 8 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 8 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...