Heya!, Im finding some good Bang for the Buck! IEMs, i primary listen to rock, some techno, soft rock..., The primary use for the IEMs is while im relaxing (or sleeping) so they must be very comfortable..... Thanks in advance guys
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC Kenwood Victor Inner year Headphone HA-FX3Xtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKlipsch Image X5 Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productMonoprice 8320 IEMtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEMs for less than 100$ Last post on 3/10/13 at 10:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100 Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Recommended IEMs for Beginners?post #1 of 119/13/12 at 7:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 119/13/12 at 7:42am
There is still a great deal on Atrio M5s at the www.atrio.me website. For head-fi'ers, there is a 50% off coupon where you get a $199 pair of M5s with the MG7 drivers for about $107 shipped. I have had mine for several months and love them. If you search slickdeals.net or the Atrio thread here, you can find the code to use. They come with a bunch of different tips so you can find what you like best in terms of comfort. Great isolation, great bass response, very good for use with many different genres.post #3 of 119/13/12 at 8:01am
The JVC FX3X are good match for these genres music and offers deep punchy bass with crisp clear mids, highs and fairly wide soundstage.post #4 of 119/13/12 at 8:07amThread Starterpost #5 of 119/13/12 at 8:12amThread StarterQuote:
aren't they bass monsters? i don't like TOO MUCH BASS, what really matters for me is the mid range (coz im gonna use them for relaxing) btw, have you ever tried the Westone UM1?post #6 of 119/13/12 at 8:44ampost #7 of 119/13/12 at 9:09am
If you want more midrange details then JVC FXT90, FXD80, Sony EX600, RE0, Image X5, HF3, HF5 are great buy. The JVC FX3X offers deep punchy controled bass for more fun to listen and they are not very bassheavy like UE SF5EB.post #8 of 119/19/12 at 9:12pmQuote:
+8. The Monoprice 8320 is easily the absolute best price-perfomance ratio ever conceived. Definitely get a pair.post #9 of 119/19/12 at 9:23pmStart with monoprice, but i warn you that they for some people can be very uncomfortable(theyvare hue). And you need get other tips, because standart are useless. You can get sony hybrid clones from ebay, or if you are short in money- get bi-flange tips from buyincoins.com for $1(3 pairs).
Then after about 3 months upgrade to audio technica ckm500 for $58, which sounds even noticably better, are realy comfy.post #10 of 119/19/12 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by rikardoliepa
Start with monoprice, but i warn you that they for some people can be very uncomfortable(theyvare hue). And you need get other tips, because standart are useless. You can get sony hybrid clones from ebay, or if you are short in money- get bi-flange tips from buyincoins.com for $1(3 pairs).
Then after about 3 months upgrade to audio technica ckm500 for $58, which sounds even noticably better, are realy comfy.
I disagree. While they do get a little uncomfortable for me after an hour or so, that happens with every IEM I've ever tried. Mine fit me just fine. I have heard that different people will get different fits. A good idea is to get some comply tips, which improve isolation, sound, and comfort. They are a tad expensive ($20) but it's more than worth it.post #11 of 1112/23/12 at 6:38am
I found this incredibly helpful
For $30 I got Vsonic GR99's, and I'm very satisfied with them. What I hear, however, is once you pass about the $70 mark you will see a massive improvement.
The Vsonics are comfortable, but for me it was next to impossible to change the tips and get the right fit.
- Recommended IEMs for Beginners?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi 14 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 1 minute ago
- › Who are you going to vote for? 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › What computer speakers to get? 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Hello, I'd love some suggestions. 3 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...