Heya!, Im finding some good Bang for the Buck! IEMs, i primary listen to rock, some techno, soft rock..., The primary use for the IEMs is while im relaxing (or sleeping) so they must be very comfortable..... Thanks in advance guys
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC HA-FXT90tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productJVC Kenwood Victor Inner year Headphone HA-FX3Xtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKlipsch Image X5 Noise-Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productMonoprice 8320 IEMtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 11/9/12 at 2:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100 Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Have £200 budget to get myself 2 pairs of headphones/earphones please help Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
Recommended IEMs for Beginners?post #1 of 119/13/12 at 7:26amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 119/13/12 at 7:42am
There is still a great deal on Atrio M5s at the www.atrio.me website. For head-fi'ers, there is a 50% off coupon where you get a $199 pair of M5s with the MG7 drivers for about $107 shipped. I have had mine for several months and love them. If you search slickdeals.net or the Atrio thread here, you can find the code to use. They come with a bunch of different tips so you can find what you like best in terms of comfort. Great isolation, great bass response, very good for use with many different genres.post #3 of 119/13/12 at 8:01am
The JVC FX3X are good match for these genres music and offers deep punchy bass with crisp clear mids, highs and fairly wide soundstage.post #4 of 119/13/12 at 8:07amThread Starterpost #5 of 119/13/12 at 8:12amThread StarterQuote:
aren't they bass monsters? i don't like TOO MUCH BASS, what really matters for me is the mid range (coz im gonna use them for relaxing) btw, have you ever tried the Westone UM1?post #6 of 119/13/12 at 8:44ampost #7 of 119/13/12 at 9:09am
If you want more midrange details then JVC FXT90, FXD80, Sony EX600, RE0, Image X5, HF3, HF5 are great buy. The JVC FX3X offers deep punchy controled bass for more fun to listen and they are not very bassheavy like UE SF5EB.post #8 of 119/19/12 at 9:12pmQuote:
+8. The Monoprice 8320 is easily the absolute best price-perfomance ratio ever conceived. Definitely get a pair.post #9 of 119/19/12 at 9:23pmStart with monoprice, but i warn you that they for some people can be very uncomfortable(theyvare hue). And you need get other tips, because standart are useless. You can get sony hybrid clones from ebay, or if you are short in money- get bi-flange tips from buyincoins.com for $1(3 pairs).
Then after about 3 months upgrade to audio technica ckm500 for $58, which sounds even noticably better, are realy comfy.post #10 of 119/19/12 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by rikardoliepa
Start with monoprice, but i warn you that they for some people can be very uncomfortable(theyvare hue). And you need get other tips, because standart are useless. You can get sony hybrid clones from ebay, or if you are short in money- get bi-flange tips from buyincoins.com for $1(3 pairs).
Then after about 3 months upgrade to audio technica ckm500 for $58, which sounds even noticably better, are realy comfy.
I disagree. While they do get a little uncomfortable for me after an hour or so, that happens with every IEM I've ever tried. Mine fit me just fine. I have heard that different people will get different fits. A good idea is to get some comply tips, which improve isolation, sound, and comfort. They are a tad expensive ($20) but it's more than worth it.post #11 of 1112/23/12 at 6:38am
I found this incredibly helpful
For $30 I got Vsonic GR99's, and I'm very satisfied with them. What I hear, however, is once you pass about the $70 mark you will see a massive improvement.
The Vsonics are comfortable, but for me it was next to impossible to change the tips and get the right fit.
- Recommended IEMs for Beginners?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 25 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 28 seconds ago
- › HD800 vs HE500 51 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 1 minute ago
- › Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM 1 minute ago
- › Portable Class A Amp and DAC question 2 minutes ago
- › measurements are models 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones under $80 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital