JH16 for sure.
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Monitors Stage 2tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Monitors Stage 4tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Aitagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJH Audio JH 11 Protagged by System, 9/19/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/19/12
- productTralucent Audio 1Plus2tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productUnique Melody Merlintagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a custom IEM <$850 for my needs Last post on 10/22/12 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best custom iem available money no object Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
Custom IEM for Bassheads - Page 2post #16 of 329/13/12 at 6:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 329/13/12 at 7:09pmThread Starterpost #18 of 329/13/12 at 10:24pm
The JH16s will have an emphasized and tight low end, but lack the visceral impact of any dynamic earphone. This is based on a demo set though. You should audition the gear to see if you like the BA bass of the 16s before buying.
Edited by LouisLoh - 9/13/12 at 10:29pmpost #19 of 329/13/12 at 10:53pmpost #20 of 329/13/12 at 11:27pmpost #21 of 329/13/12 at 11:30pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Kunlun
For real bass energy, you need a vented dynamic. The custom-fit Future Sonics MG6Pro has incredible bass.
That is an impressive review!
have you tried comparing it to the IE8 or IE80? i know its an unfair comparison but it can be a reference point for me...post #22 of 329/14/12 at 11:16ampost #23 of 329/17/12 at 9:17ampost #24 of 329/17/12 at 9:42amQuote:
You should expect better detail and better bass extension with a tuning that has less of a mid-bass hump and superior sub-bass with the MG6Pro.post #25 of 329/17/12 at 7:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Wow... sounds like a winner there... its time to save up for it i guess...post #26 of 329/17/12 at 11:57pmQuote:
I'm assuming here, but I don't think you'll get the slightly bright and detailed BA treble with the dynamic custom. My best bet still is on a hybrid.post #27 of 329/18/12 at 1:47amThread StarterQuote:
You could be right as the treble and bass is coming from the same driver... but as far as a hybrid custom i have only tried the Merlin from UM...
it has everything but it does not catch my attention when i'm listening to it... As i live in singapore i have trouble testing out other brands of hybrid customs...
i'm looking for something in my best description would be a JH16 with a dynamic driver for the bass department which i think is pretty hard to find...post #28 of 329/18/12 at 2:12am
can't speak for other ciems, but my first (and last) is the mg6pro.
i'm listening to music with no outside noise (quietly sitting alone in a computer room).
i can feel the pressure of the kick drum being struck.
every different low note - no matter how low - is distinct, and felt.
when the snares clash, it almost tickles.
and i would not have it any other way.
feels good man. :)post #29 of 329/18/12 at 11:09pm
The i9pro offers the same "pressure" but due to the FST technology, it has a very spacious presentation reminiscent of more expensive CIEMs. And the price is a good chunk less than the competition ;)
Please let me know if you have any questions. I have heard a mg6pro demo and you can PM me about the results.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM for Bassheads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Heir Audio 3.AiNo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 12 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 50 seconds ago
- › Good upgrade from the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro? 54 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 57 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 2 minutes ago
- › Best Living Room System for €300- €400 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude