JH16 for sure.
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Monitors Stage 2tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Monitors Stage 4tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Aitagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJH Audio JH 11 Protagged by System, 9/19/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/19/12
- productTralucent Audio 1Plus2tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productUnique Melody Merlintagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a custom IEM <$850 for my needs Last post on 10/22/12 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best custom iem available money no object Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Custom IEM for Bassheads - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The JH16s will have an emphasized and tight low end, but lack the visceral impact of any dynamic earphone. This is based on a demo set though. You should audition the gear to see if you like the BA bass of the 16s before buying.
Edited by LouisLoh - 9/13/12 at 10:29pm
For real bass energy, you need a vented dynamic. The custom-fit Future Sonics MG6Pro has incredible bass.
That is an impressive review!
have you tried comparing it to the IE8 or IE80? i know its an unfair comparison but it can be a reference point for me...
You should expect better detail and better bass extension with a tuning that has less of a mid-bass hump and superior sub-bass with the MG6Pro.
Wow... sounds like a winner there... its time to save up for it i guess...
I'm assuming here, but I don't think you'll get the slightly bright and detailed BA treble with the dynamic custom. My best bet still is on a hybrid.
You could be right as the treble and bass is coming from the same driver... but as far as a hybrid custom i have only tried the Merlin from UM...
it has everything but it does not catch my attention when i'm listening to it... As i live in singapore i have trouble testing out other brands of hybrid customs...
i'm looking for something in my best description would be a JH16 with a dynamic driver for the bass department which i think is pretty hard to find...
can't speak for other ciems, but my first (and last) is the mg6pro.
i'm listening to music with no outside noise (quietly sitting alone in a computer room).
i can feel the pressure of the kick drum being struck.
every different low note - no matter how low - is distinct, and felt.
when the snares clash, it almost tickles.
and i would not have it any other way.
feels good man. :)
The i9pro offers the same "pressure" but due to the FST technology, it has a very spacious presentation reminiscent of more expensive CIEMs. And the price is a good chunk less than the competition ;)
Please let me know if you have any questions. I have heard a mg6pro demo and you can PM me about the results.
- Custom IEM for Bassheads
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 32 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 32 seconds ago
- › Should i upgrade? 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)