JH16 for sure.
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Monitors Stage 2tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Monitors Stage 4tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Aitagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJH Audio JH 11 Protagged by System, 9/19/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/19/12
- productTralucent Audio 1Plus2tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productUnique Melody Merlintagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a custom IEM <$850 for my needs Last post on 10/22/12 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best custom iem available money no object Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Custom IEM for Bassheads - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The JH16s will have an emphasized and tight low end, but lack the visceral impact of any dynamic earphone. This is based on a demo set though. You should audition the gear to see if you like the BA bass of the 16s before buying.
Edited by LouisLoh - 9/13/12 at 10:29pm
For real bass energy, you need a vented dynamic. The custom-fit Future Sonics MG6Pro has incredible bass.
That is an impressive review!
have you tried comparing it to the IE8 or IE80? i know its an unfair comparison but it can be a reference point for me...
You should expect better detail and better bass extension with a tuning that has less of a mid-bass hump and superior sub-bass with the MG6Pro.
Wow... sounds like a winner there... its time to save up for it i guess...
I'm assuming here, but I don't think you'll get the slightly bright and detailed BA treble with the dynamic custom. My best bet still is on a hybrid.
You could be right as the treble and bass is coming from the same driver... but as far as a hybrid custom i have only tried the Merlin from UM...
it has everything but it does not catch my attention when i'm listening to it... As i live in singapore i have trouble testing out other brands of hybrid customs...
i'm looking for something in my best description would be a JH16 with a dynamic driver for the bass department which i think is pretty hard to find...
can't speak for other ciems, but my first (and last) is the mg6pro.
i'm listening to music with no outside noise (quietly sitting alone in a computer room).
i can feel the pressure of the kick drum being struck.
every different low note - no matter how low - is distinct, and felt.
when the snares clash, it almost tickles.
and i would not have it any other way.
feels good man. :)
The i9pro offers the same "pressure" but due to the FST technology, it has a very spacious presentation reminiscent of more expensive CIEMs. And the price is a good chunk less than the competition ;)
Please let me know if you have any questions. I have heard a mg6pro demo and you can PM me about the results.
- Custom IEM for Bassheads
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NuForce uDAC-2 Black - version 2 18 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › HM-901 1 minute ago
- › Weird Sennheiser Urbanite Ad 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 6 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 6 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)