JH16 for sure.
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Monitors Stage 2tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Monitors Stage 4tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Aitagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJH Audio JH 11 Protagged by System, 9/19/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/19/12
- productTralucent Audio 1Plus2tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productUnique Melody Merlintagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a custom IEM <$850 for my needs Last post on 10/22/12 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best custom iem available money no object Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Custom IEM for Bassheads - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The JH16s will have an emphasized and tight low end, but lack the visceral impact of any dynamic earphone. This is based on a demo set though. You should audition the gear to see if you like the BA bass of the 16s before buying.
Edited by LouisLoh - 9/13/12 at 10:29pm
For real bass energy, you need a vented dynamic. The custom-fit Future Sonics MG6Pro has incredible bass.
That is an impressive review!
have you tried comparing it to the IE8 or IE80? i know its an unfair comparison but it can be a reference point for me...
You should expect better detail and better bass extension with a tuning that has less of a mid-bass hump and superior sub-bass with the MG6Pro.
Wow... sounds like a winner there... its time to save up for it i guess...
I'm assuming here, but I don't think you'll get the slightly bright and detailed BA treble with the dynamic custom. My best bet still is on a hybrid.
You could be right as the treble and bass is coming from the same driver... but as far as a hybrid custom i have only tried the Merlin from UM...
it has everything but it does not catch my attention when i'm listening to it... As i live in singapore i have trouble testing out other brands of hybrid customs...
i'm looking for something in my best description would be a JH16 with a dynamic driver for the bass department which i think is pretty hard to find...
can't speak for other ciems, but my first (and last) is the mg6pro.
i'm listening to music with no outside noise (quietly sitting alone in a computer room).
i can feel the pressure of the kick drum being struck.
every different low note - no matter how low - is distinct, and felt.
when the snares clash, it almost tickles.
and i would not have it any other way.
feels good man. :)
The i9pro offers the same "pressure" but due to the FST technology, it has a very spacious presentation reminiscent of more expensive CIEMs. And the price is a good chunk less than the competition ;)
Please let me know if you have any questions. I have heard a mg6pro demo and you can PM me about the results.
- Custom IEM for Bassheads
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Three Word Story 37 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 38 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 49 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 4 minutes ago
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2