JH16 for sure.
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Monitors Stage 2tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Monitors Stage 4tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productCompact Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/13/12
- productHeir Audio 3 Aitagged by System, 9/13/12
- productJH Audio JH 11 Protagged by System, 9/19/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 9/19/12
- productTralucent Audio 1Plus2tagged by System, 9/13/12
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productUnique Melody Merlintagged by System, 9/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 3/12/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a custom IEM <$850 for my needs Last post on 10/22/12 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best custom iem available money no object Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Custom IEM for Bassheads - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The JH16s will have an emphasized and tight low end, but lack the visceral impact of any dynamic earphone. This is based on a demo set though. You should audition the gear to see if you like the BA bass of the 16s before buying.
Edited by LouisLoh - 9/13/12 at 10:29pm
For real bass energy, you need a vented dynamic. The custom-fit Future Sonics MG6Pro has incredible bass.
That is an impressive review!
have you tried comparing it to the IE8 or IE80? i know its an unfair comparison but it can be a reference point for me...
You should expect better detail and better bass extension with a tuning that has less of a mid-bass hump and superior sub-bass with the MG6Pro.
Wow... sounds like a winner there... its time to save up for it i guess...
I'm assuming here, but I don't think you'll get the slightly bright and detailed BA treble with the dynamic custom. My best bet still is on a hybrid.
You could be right as the treble and bass is coming from the same driver... but as far as a hybrid custom i have only tried the Merlin from UM...
it has everything but it does not catch my attention when i'm listening to it... As i live in singapore i have trouble testing out other brands of hybrid customs...
i'm looking for something in my best description would be a JH16 with a dynamic driver for the bass department which i think is pretty hard to find...
can't speak for other ciems, but my first (and last) is the mg6pro.
i'm listening to music with no outside noise (quietly sitting alone in a computer room).
i can feel the pressure of the kick drum being struck.
every different low note - no matter how low - is distinct, and felt.
when the snares clash, it almost tickles.
and i would not have it any other way.
feels good man. :)
The i9pro offers the same "pressure" but due to the FST technology, it has a very spacious presentation reminiscent of more expensive CIEMs. And the price is a good chunk less than the competition ;)
Please let me know if you have any questions. I have heard a mg6pro demo and you can PM me about the results.
- Custom IEM for Bassheads
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Hidizs' new product AP300 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12A vs. Cayin C5 comparisons (updated thread) 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 4 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2